• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Don't forget FPS Russia. IMHO this all stinks to high heaven. Chris Kyle was a true patriot. As was John Noveske, R.I.P. At what point does it not become obvious that compromise of the 2nd amendment leads directly to the demise of the 1st amendment? It appears that expressing your opinion via your 1st amendment right might just get you "removed" from society.

For clarification purposes incase someone hasn't heard, It was FPS Russia's Manager. Not FPS Russia himself.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The latest from our pal, Ron Paul:

Disgusting: Ron Paul attacks murder victim, war hero Chris Kyle; Updated | Twitchy

I have witnessed the fallout from RP fans on another firearms forum relating to this link...curious to see the same on here.

Wow, just seen this on the news.

Ron Paul Slams Murdered U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle

Ron Paul @RonPaul Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense
    5:05 PM - 04 Feb 13

RobyG78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rochester
    So wait we demonize military for killing people that are trying to killl them because they were ordered to go there by the President and Congress. WTF! Then as someone who is in charge of legislature and leading the country, we bad mouth them after they die to the public with no consideration for their family. Got it NTM he was his constituent. WTF America.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I tell ya, I was not against ron paul to begin with, but now that comment just pisses me off. I have no respect for the man. Im sorry if my comment offends somebody, but I hold men like Chris Kyle to the highest respect and they should be treated with respect.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Perhaps Dr. Ron Paul is more qualified to comment about PTSD treatment than most. Perhaps not. However, it is quite conceiveable that employing firearms in some form of PTSD therapy was not a good idea, which is all that I got from RP's tweet. [Disclaimer: I am no RP fan. I consider him a total wacko who is solely responsible for Libertarians not being taken seriously.]

As the story emerged, I began to liken Kyle's use of shooting therapy (for lack of a better term) to any other innovative and dangerous endeavor. People who wrestle alligators or wrangle rattlesnakes run the risk of being bitten. I'm sure that Chris knew that the potential for disaster was ever present. I am qualified to judge neither their protocol nor the mental state of the shooter.

Regardless, America lost a true hero, and there are scores of soldiers and Marines who owe their lives to Chris Kyle. :( :( :(

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Our side of the argument is that guns keep us safe. This situation seems way too fuzzy. I am waiting for the liberals to point to this and say, "see, this even happens to people who are trained with guns and guns were present yet he still died." I'm not one for all the conspiracy stuff, but with the way things are now, nothing seems true, from gov't, to reality TV, to NFL players having to go to sensitivity training for not agreeing with gays, to racking up 5 trillion is good for the economy, to biden admitting gun control wont prevent crimes yet our nation wants this? I mean, we are being told to that what we know is not right, and everything we believe is wrong. Its all real messed up.

DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    RIP
    :patriot:

picture.php

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Perhaps Dr. Ron Paul is more qualified to comment about PTSD treatment than most. Perhaps not. However, it is quite conceiveable that employing firearms in some form of PTSD therapy was not a good idea, which is all that I got from RP's tweet. [Disclaimer: I am no RP fan. I consider him a total wacko who is solely responsible for Libertarians not being taken seriously.]

As the story emerged, I began to liken Kyle's use of shooting therapy (for lack of a better term) to any other innovative and dangerous endeavor. People who wrestle alligators or wrangle rattlesnakes run the risk of being bitten. I'm sure that Chris knew that the potential for disaster was ever present. I am qualified to judge neither their protocol nor the mental state of the shooter.

Regardless, America lost a true hero, and there are scores of soldiers and Marines who owe their lives to Chris Kyle. :( :( :(

There are more then a couple people that I know of with PTSD that still like to go shooting, because it does calm and relax them. They have to "get in the zone" in order to shoot, so they can put everything else out of their mind, and for awhile, they feel whole again. Least the ones that I know of that go shooting.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    One of the really interesting parts to me in his book was when they did the simulation training to figure out his blood pressure and realized that his heart rate and pressure went down when he was in a simulated combat and likely real combat as well. He mentioned several times how at peace he was out in the field or in training but got really anxious if he was just waiting around. I think because shooting and training helped him through his tough times others would relate. I think he was a pioneer in this type of therapy. He knew that the regular methods wouldnt always work on soldiers so for him to take the risk was very couragous just like he lived his life. As with everything in life nothing works for everyone and the person that commited this horrible act was/is probably one of the worst tragedies of war. You cant save them all and only God will judge in the end.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Pick up his book, it's worth your time.
    I'm listening to it right now.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-CD-Chris-Kyle/dp/0062209493/ref=tmm_abk_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1360109571&sr=1-1]American Sniper CD: Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen, Jim DeFelice, John Pruden: 9780062209498: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Top Bottom