• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lord, the stupidity abounds. He has satisfied the State of Texas, and the United States Senate that he is a natural born citizen, a citizen by birth, not naturalization. That's why it's called "naturalization" because it's the process to use if you're not "natural" born. This isn't rocket science. And the same with Obama, if the State of Hawaii says he was born there, according to law and the Constitution, he was born there, regardless of anyone's skepticism.

Just a minor point of clarification, I didn't think one needs to be a natural born citizen to be a member of the US Senate or to satisfy whatever other citizenship requirements for Texas. That he didn't need to go through a naturalization process for those entities to deem him a citizen of any kind is proof that he's a citizen by virtue of his birth. Otherwise I would think with the current climate in the Senate his own colleagues would be more than willing to claim he's not a citizen at all because he was not naturalized, and declare him ineligible.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    110th CONGRESS2d SessionS. RES. 511IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
    April 10, 2008
    Mrs. McCaskill (for herself, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Obama, Mr. Coburn, Mrs. Clinton, and Mr. Webb) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary
    April 24, 2008
    Reported by Mr. Leahy, without amendment
    April 30, 2008
    Considered and agreed to
    RESOLUTIONRecognizing that John Sidney McCain, III, is a natural born citizen.

A mostly meaningless gesture to avoid a citizenship war. Something strategically advantageous for Obama if it came to a war of citizenship between he and McCain.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I know little about Cruz at this point. There are enough constitutional law professors on each side of the issue to know that the democrats will issue a challenge to his status if he declares for president. Neither of our opinions matter at that point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know little about Cruz at this point. There are enough constitutional law professors on each side of the issue to know that the democrats will issue a challenge to his status if he declares for president. Neither of our opinions matter at that point.

I think the Democrats WANT Cruz to win the GOP nomination. They'll probably wait for the most strategic timing to drop that challenge such that the resolution is after the election, knowing that it's not going to go like they want.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I think the Democrats WANT Cruz to win the GOP nomination.

Yes, because there is zero chance of Ted Cruz winning a national presidential race...especially against Hillary Clinton.

None.

Sorry folks, you may love him but that guy isn't going to get the electoral votes of any swing states that he would HAVE to win to hit 270. Cruz does well in polling of the Republican base but does NOT appeal to the suburban independents and moderates that are NECESSARY for a candidate of either party to win a national election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, because there is zero chance of Ted Cruz winning a national presidential race...especially against Hillary Clinton.

None.

Sorry folks, you may love him but that guy isn't going to get the electoral votes of any swing states that he would HAVE to win to hit 270. Cruz does well in polling of the Republican base but does NOT appeal to the suburban independents and moderates that are NECESSARY for a candidate of either party to win a national election.

Cruz is easy to vilify and marginalize. But the fat ass puss bag would definitely lose. Christie will NOT be our next president. He's burned too many bridges with conservatives who have long memories. He may eek out enough delegates to win the nomination. But in the general election Christi won't get as much support in red states (Indiana went blue in '08), and conservatives will stay home in swing states like they did for the past two elections.

I think Rand Paul has a better shot. He would be solid in red states and would probably convince conservatives in swing states to come to the polls. He appeals to a broader range of political ideologies. He may even get enough Libertarian votes that mrjarrell would be the only person in the US left to vote for the Libertarian candidate.

If Cruz got the nom, during campaign season, Hillary could be as much of a ***** (that's when she's at her best) as she wants with Cruz. The *****ier the better for her. He's already seen as a villain and she could be the hero (note masculine form, given her testicular prowess). But Rand comes off as a nice, sincere kinda guy. The kind of guy that make *****es seem like, well, *****es. She can't get away with playing that schtick with him. And I don't think she knows how to pull off out-nicing Rand.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So you say. Fact is, it's there.

And so what? They could issue a resolution recognizing the sky is blue, doesn't mean they made it so, or that it wasn't blue before the resolution. The cranks and loons were out in force on that non-issue, also.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I think the Democrats WANT Cruz to win the GOP nomination. They'll probably wait for the most strategic timing to drop that challenge such that the resolution is after the election, knowing that it's not going to go like they want.

Of course they do. It would be a win of 2008 proportions for them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Cruz is easy to vilify and marginalize. But the fat ass puss bag would definitely lose. Christie will NOT be our next president. He's burned too many bridges with conservatives who have long memories. He may eek out enough delegates to win the nomination. But in the general election Christi won't get as much support in red states (Indiana went blue in '08), and conservatives will stay home in swing states like they did for the past two elections.

I think Rand Paul has a better shot. He would be solid in red states and would probably convince conservatives in swing states to come to the polls. He appeals to a broader range of political ideologies. He may even get enough Libertarian votes that mrjarrell would be the only person in the US left to vote for the Libertarian candidate.

If Cruz got the nom, during campaign season, Hillary could be as much of a ***** (that's when she's at her best) as she wants with Cruz. The *****ier the better for her. He's already seen as a villain and she could be the hero (note masculine form, given her testicular prowess). But Rand comes off as a nice, sincere kinda guy. The kind of guy that make *****es seem like, well, *****es. She can't get away with playing that schtick with him. And I don't think she knows how to pull off out-nicing Rand.

Don't bet the house on Rand getting loads of big L libertarians to vote for him. For every single things he's done that libertarians admired, he's done another bone headed republicrat thing that has managed to **** off libertarians. He's not guaranteed anything. His actions speak louder than his words and so far the Libertarian voters aren't overly impressed with him. There's still a long way to go to the election and he has a lot of crap to improve on before he can get any L votes. Not saying he won't get a few, but there's absolutely no guarantees, especially if he keeps going the way he's been going.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    And so what? They could issue a resolution recognizing the sky is blue, doesn't mean they made it so, or that it wasn't blue before the resolution. The cranks and loons were out in force on that non-issue, also.

You're a broken record on this. I'm out of here. We'll see what happens as things advance. There's still 2 years to go.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Oh here we go, the truth is...Christie would be A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN ANY DEMOCRAT, if he is nominated every single republican or libertarian should vote for him, that will be the choice, instead of whining and complaining he isnt exactly what we want blah blah blah and lose again, basically the president is a rubber stamp for their party, whatever his party sends him he will sign, it is more important we have the majority in congress and a president with an R after his name. enough with the bickering, its kill the country. democrats vote D no matter what, yeah they are stupid, but they are unified and win, if the republicans were 50% as unified they would never lose, but too many people complain that a candidate isnt conservative enough, moderate enough blah blah blah and stay home and we get Hitler number 2. lets get together, vote out the democrats any way possible. enough is enough.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Again, if Chester A. Arthur would have been ineligible then it's a certainty that Cruz would be, too. He was not born on a US military reservation, so he, unlike McCain, doesn't get a pass. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out. Maybe the gop birthers will show some integrity and go after him, too. LOL. Who am I kidding.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Oh here we go, the truth is...Christie would be A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN ANY DEMOCRAT, if he is nominated every single republican or libertarian should vote for him, that will be the choice, instead of whining and complaining he isnt exactly what we want blah blah blah and lose again, basically the president is a rubber stamp for their party, whatever his party sends him he will sign, it is more important we have the majority in congress and a president with an R after his name. enough with the bickering, its kill the country. democrats vote D no matter what, yeah they are stupid, but they are unified and win, if the republicans were 50% as unified they would never lose, but too many people complain that a candidate isnt conservative enough, moderate enough blah blah blah and stay home and we get Hitler number 2. lets get together, vote out the democrats any way possible. enough is enough.

Thanks for the laughs. Christie is a New Jersey Republican, which puts him left of center to start. He loves big Gov, so does the establishment, he has not qualm spending other peoples money, he is no friend of gun owners. Please tell us all again how he is so much better?

Oh yeah, he put a R behind his name, I forgot.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I would really, really hate to have to vote for Mr. Christie. But I guess I would if that was the only choice against a dem. I don't care for the guy in the least.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd vote for Julius Caesar over Chris Christie.

After all, everyone talks about how great voting for the lesser of 2 evils is.

Meanwhile, they remain entirely delusional, in their own little world, forgetting that there are even more than 3 choices.
    If you knowingly vote in a bad individual you deserve to go down in flames along with them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would really, really hate to have to vote for Mr. Christie. But I guess I would if that was the only choice against a dem. I don't care for the guy in the least.

I'd vote Hillary over Christie. If she 1/4 as good as her husband was, she'd still be light years better that these last two clowns we've had in office.

Top Bottom