• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I agree. Why not just leave it at home for the day. Its not worth the hassle of dealing with the security gards. Not to mention, if anything does happen, there are plenty of guns and ammo to go around. Funny though. The dealers at the show can wear theirs.?.?.

No they can't.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree. Why not just leave it at home for the day. Its not worth the hassle of dealing with the security gards. Not to mention, if anything does happen, there are plenty of guns and ammo to go around. Funny though. The dealers at the show can wear theirs.?.?.

If you can leave it home when you go to the gun show, why not leave at home all the time? You probably won't need it anywhere else either and you might have access to plenty of guns and ammo wherever you go.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    If you see a dealer carrying at the 1500 I'd suggest that you go to the show promoters office and let him know. You'd probably be surprised at the response that report gets.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree. Why not just leave it at home for the day. Its not worth the hassle of dealing with the security guards. Not to mention, if anything does happen, there are plenty of guns and ammo to go around. Funny though. The dealers at the show can wear theirs.?.?.

Careful, there are folks on INGO that will call you a fascist, or worse, for the mere suggestion that they leave their sidearm at home.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and the dealers that wear guns, wear them unloaded.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Careful, there are folks on INGO that will call you a fascist, or worse, for the mere suggestion that they leave their sidearm at home.

:rolleyes:

I suppose that depends upon why you carry a sidearm to begin with. Do you carry it as a show of authority (as I had to do when I was "Officer of the Guard" on Active Duty) or do you carry it because the world is a damned unsafe place these days and you never know what kind of mayhem you may encounter?

Personally, although I'd rather clear my sidearm at a sand barrel, since one isn't available, I'll clear it as I'm getting ready to enter - and it takes surprisingly little time to insert a magazine and charge the thing if it becomes necessary. . . .

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

No, they don't. I've even had dealers tell me flat out that they're not going to wear an unloaded gun when trucking thousands of dollars in cash and merchandise through the Fairgrounds parking lot, and that if they ever get caught by the promoter or asked to leave, they won't do any more shows there.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    No, they don't. I've even had dealers tell me flat out that they're not going to wear an unloaded gun when trucking thousands of dollars in cash and merchandise through the Fairgrounds parking lot, and that if they ever get caught by the promoter or asked to leave, they won't do any more shows there.
    Which dealers?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Now, why would I out them for you? You're free to ask them yourself.
    Because I need to know which idiot to steer away from. I understand carrying in the parking lot but not behind the table. Was it one of the guys who had a DAD (Dumb Ass Discharge) a couple of shows ago?

Otherwise I call bull**** on your claim they hot carry behind the table.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Your belief in my statement is irrelevant, and I'm not concerned about whether you think it's bull or not. But thanks anyway!

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside

You're talking about a whole different thing. Setup and teardown times are totally outside the norm. Ninety percent of the time you're tearing down the promoter is long gone.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    Because I need to know which idiot to steer away from. I understand carrying in the parking lot but not behind the table. Was it one of the guys who had a DAD (Dumb Ass Discharge) a couple of shows ago?

Otherwise I call bull**** on your claim they hot carry behind the table.

If they had a ND or AD at any of the shows they won't be back anyway as that gets you banned permanently if you're a dealer.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    You're talking about a whole different thing. Setup and teardown times are totally outside the norm. Ninety percent of the time you're tearing down the promoter is long gone.
    I agree. That's the point I was trying to make.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Why is law enforcement allowed ?

Someone earlier asked if off duty ( or on duty for that matter ) police officers are allowed to carry a loaded firearm into the 1500 gun show. I believe the reply was something like " they just showed their badge and then were allowed to walk right in."

So, help me understand why a police officer, especially one who is off duty, has any more "right" to be allowed to have a loaded weapon in the gun show than I do. If I have a valid LTCH and am the legal owner of the firearm I am carrying why can't I also be allowed to carry ?

Just for clarity sake, if the promoters are stating "attendees" are not allowed to attend with a loaded weapon I will comply with that restriction or not attend. That being said, why should a police officer be allowed to be exempt from this guideline/rule ? As far as I'm concerned no police officer has any more valid reason to "carry" than any other paying entrant. ( My assumption is that police officers who are not there in some form of employment of the show promoters must pay to enter like the rest of us - please advise if this is known to be incorrect )

I don't care to have a non-uniformed individual possibly pull a firearm in the event of an issue not knowing if they are law enforcement or not. Could result in a event that would make the shoot out at the OK Corral look like a church picnic.

Disclosure: I am registered for my first firearms training course to be held in April - "Introduction to Defensive Pistol." Perhaps after taking this course I may be more enlightened.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom