• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They check for the zip tie on the way out. If your gun doesn't have one, and you didn't buy it at the show (and have the receipt), they will assume that it was stolen. Don't know about you, but that's not how I want to spend an afternoon.

That's the most inciteful statement about the insanity on this post so far. The phrase "gun owners are their own worst enemy" certainly seems to have manifested on this particular post. As gun owners, we hurt only ourselves by announcing that we feel it's okay to break certain rules. That's what makes people not familiar with guns afraid of us and lead to them calling us "gun nuts". The least we can do is respect the rules of our own events.

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    if your that scared, zip tie your gun at home and practice diving under your kitchen table and biting the zip tie off and loading the mag in the gun. By the time the show rolls around you should be adequetly skilled at this tactical move.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    if your that scared, zip tie your gun at home and practice diving under your kitchen table and biting the zip tie off and loading the mag in the gun. By the time the show rolls around you should be adequetly skilled at this tactical move.

:laugh: LOL... okay, so now I know what I need to practice tonight!

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Some of you guys are definitely worked up about this. When you go into toys-r-us or buffalo wild wings, do you (or would you) leave your carry piece in the car? Those places, among many others, are carry-free-zones. Or would you break their 'rule' and carry anyway - or would you even just refuse to give them your business?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Some of you guys are definitely worked up about this. When you go into toys-r-us or buffalo wild wings, do you (or would you) leave your carry piece in the car? Those places, among many others, are carry-free-zones. Or would you break their 'rule' and carry anyway - or would you even just refuse to give them your business?

little bit of both. i used to respect the signs but no longer. i carry into shows and these places with signs, if i indeed decide to give them my business. it is my risk to assume, and mine alone. if im removed, im removed. we tend to forget that the crap always happens in places that are gun-free.

lions don't go after the strong wildebeest with big horns, they target the weak feeble ones that cant defend themselves.

Badmac 183

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    They check for the zip tie on the way out. If your gun doesn't have one, and you didn't buy it at the show (and have the receipt), they will assume that it was stolen. Don't know about you, but that's not how I want to spend an afternoon.

:scratch: I've been to a lot of gun shows and iv never had this happen to me.

Badmac 183

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012

And I've never got a receipt at a gun show before either.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I do not feel any safer at a gun show than I would at any other place. I will bet a dollar for a donut that more than just a few gangsters will be at the show this week-end.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    little bit of both. i used to respect the signs but no longer. i carry into shows and these places with signs, if i indeed decide to give them my business. it is my risk to assume, and mine alone. if im removed, im removed. we tend to forget that the crap always happens in places that are gun-free.

lions don't go after the strong wildebeest with big horns, they target the weak feeble ones that cant defend themselves.

:yesway::yesway::yesway: :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    If you are carrying concealed, how would people at the show even know you had a weapon on you? I can understand with guns you want to sell but not for your carry weapon. Is it just the show rules that state you need to declare all weapons you are entering with? I never really noticed at the shows I have been to though I don't remember anyone ever asking me if I had a weapon on me.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County

Um.....not exactly. They do check for the tie, so don't throw it away, but you can remove it to say have sights installed or check for holster fit ect..... You just have to show them the open action and the broken tie.

Of course if CC iin, and then CC out, nobody see it coming or going. Just make sure it stays CCed the time you are there.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The 1500 is one of the very few places that I actually do feel comfortable NOT carrying my gun.
    There are cops at the door.
    There are dozens of people carrying (ignoring the rules, I know).
    There are many tables with off duty officers selling their various wares.

I was there a few years ago when some moron picked up a gun from a table and stuck it in his pocket while the sellers were occupied. To his dismay, there were off duty officers across the aisle at another table watching the whole theft go down. He got a serious face plant right there in the middle of the show. Everyone applauded. It was fun.

That being said, I am also not comfortable leaving it in my car. Thieves are lazy and a gun show parking lot seems like a target rich environment to me.
    I will probably remove the round from the chamber, put the magazine in my back pocket like usual, and let the officers zip tie my CCW. I will cut off the zip tie and leave the magazine in my pocket until after the show.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We had selected the Top 10 most stupid posts of all time, and were just about to start voting, when you posted this gem. Now we have to kick one out to add this asinine post. Thanks....... :rolleyes:

Maybe you should try to get just a few more posts under your belt before you stand in judgement of what constitutes a "stupid post". Just a suggestion.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    Maybe you should try to get just a few more posts under your belt before you stand in judgement of what constitutes a "stupid post". Just a suggestion.

I don't agree with his assessment; however, your post proves that there's no correlation between post count and "intelligent-ness" of posts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We had selected the Top 10 most stupid posts of all time, and were just about to start voting, when you posted this gem. Now we have to kick one out to add this asinine post. Thanks....... :rolleyes:

Really? Thanks for your sharing your opinion. The irony of your message (quoted above) referring to another message as "asinine" was appreciated by many of us. Thank you for the amusement.

absolulty not.
    that's just terrible advice and a good way to get you banned for life and in some serious trouble/jail time.. even the people with booths aren't supposed to have loaded guns.
    DO NOT IN ANY WAY LOAD YOUR GUN INSIDE OF THE BUILDING OR PUT THE LOADED MAG BACK INTO THE GUN.

"Jail time"? For breaking which law? Really?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't agree with his assessment; however, your post proves that there's no correlation between post count and "intelligent-ness" of posts.

Two and a half years and thirteen posts. Mods better watch out, you're obviously racing to the classifieds. :):

Top Bottom