• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    You don't have to cut the zip tie. Just use the tip of your pocket knife to pry up the "catch" part of the zipper and slide it off. Then if you want to put it back on before you go you still have that option.

Of course, God forbid any of us would need to attempt a clear shot in a room packed with people.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    if your that scared, zip tie your gun at home and practice diving under your kitchen table and biting the zip tie off and loading the mag in the gun. By the time the show rolls around you should be adequetly skilled at this tactical move.

:laugh: In the past I have left mine ziptied. Hmmm. I'll have to think about declairing it in the future.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    It's threads like this one on gun forums that tells us that there are sooooo many amongst us who shouldn't be allowed to touch a gun, let alone carry one. Those of us who carry responsibly need to be at the forefront of figuring out how to keep guns out of the hands of those like the nuts in this thread. We need to do so before the libs do it for us in a way that screws it for all of us. There are just way too many losers, like those posting in this thread, who we don't want carrying a gun.

We need to figure this out for ourselves and propose a solution....before it's done for us. If you're going to attend a gun show, at a premise leased by the show promoter, and can't show them the minimal respect of obeying their rules while there, we don't want you carrying a gun. Period. This isn't the same as going into a restaurant that is posted no carry. There, the restaurant didn't ask you, individually, if you were carrying and make clear to you, individually, that you weren't welcome if you were. At the 1500, they ask you TO YOUR FACE if you are carrying a gun. They are paying for the show. It's their money paying for the liability insurance. Who the f... are you?

Some really stupid, worthless kids on this forum who need to grow up. And....stay away from guns.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's threads like this one on gun forums that tells us that there are sooooo many amongst us who shouldn't be allowed to touch a gun, let alone carry one. Those of us who carry responsibly need to be at the forefront of figuring out how to keep guns out of the hands of those like the nuts in this thread. We need to do so before the libs do it for us in a way that screws it for all of us. There are just way too many losers, like those posting in this thread, who we don't want carrying a gun.

We need to figure this out for ourselves and propose a solution....before it's done for us. If you're going to attend a gun show, at a premise leased by the show promoter, and can't show them the minimal respect of obeying their rules while there, we don't want you carrying a gun. Period. This isn't the same as going into a restaurant that is posted no carry. There, the restaurant didn't ask you, individually, if you were carrying and make clear to you, individually, that you weren't welcome if you were. At the 1500, they ask you TO YOUR FACE if you are carrying a gun. They are paying for the show. It's their money paying for the liability insurance. Who the f... are you?

Some really stupid, worthless kids on this forum who need to grow up. And....stay away from guns.

Thank you for your opinion. I'll add it to my "I don't give a ****" list.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Um.....not exactly. They do check for the tie, so don't throw it away, but you can remove it to say have sights installed or check for holster fit ect..... You just have to show them the open action and the broken tie.

Of course if CC iin, and then CC out, nobody see it coming or going. Just make sure it stays CCed the time you are there.

I had a gun worked on at the show a few years ago and they cut then replaced the tie when done. All the vendors know that all guns should have a tie on them so get a better excuse.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I had a gun worked on at the show a few years ago and they cut then replaced the tie when done. All the vendors know that all guns should have a tie on them so get a better excuse.

guns brought in by the public are strapped with one color of zip tie

vendors are given a different color of zip tie, they are NOT given zip ties of the same color they use for the public for any reason.

if you have a vendor tie, you better have a receipt and sticker to get out the door

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    It's just like going to a strip club, if you leave your business in your pants, nobody gets in trouble.

But if you take it out and start waving it around......

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I do not feel any safer at a gun show than I would at any other place. I will bet a dollar for a donut that more than just a few gangsters will be at the show this week-end.

You do realize the amount of cowboys that will be there? Who would like nothing more than to save the day by shooting a wrong do-er. If a person was to have a manic episode at a gun show they would be dead. Bottom line. Doesn't matter if you are carrying zip tied or not. Unless of course, you entertain the thought of being a cowboy yourself?

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Looking at the line to get into that ZOO... What is the point. Good luck on Saturday and Sunday.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Here is an interesting concept:
    If you don't agree with the rules of the people shelling out God-knows-how much to put on this event,don't attend.Very simple.That being said,it is a bit of a dumb rule,it's like saying you can't wear clothes to a fashion show or drive a car to a car show.Now bring on the disagreements and those who just enjoy being a nuisance.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your opinion. I'll add it to my "I don't give a ****" list.

Seconded! Motion carries.

"I don't give a ****" list updated.

Top Bottom