Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, since there is so much gum flapping on this topic, I'll add some of my own.

It makes me wonder what this rule change was designed to fix. After answering that question, ask why paying $10 gets you off the hook. I know gunbroker spammers aren't likely to pay the $10, so it is still an improvement. Similarly, like others have pointed out in the past, being a site supporter doesn't mean you are a good guy, it just means you have 10 less dollars.

I am not trying to knock the change, but I was surprised that no one else had commented that it is still possible to encounter yahoos, so remain diligent. While the rule helps, it will undoubtedly just cause some people to buy-in rather than "join the community" or whatever. I guess if it pays for the bandwidth maybe it's good enough. Like rich aunt Edna-- can be a real pain but at least she is subsidizing your lifestyle :)

Slim7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Are there any events coming up where I could give the $10 rather than send it. I hope to make 50, but like many have said, I am more of an information gathering lurker. Often if I have anything of substance to add it's there by the time I get there. Also, it's frustrating to be misunderstood while using these brief snippets (guess I'm still learning these internet formats LOL?) I don't often have the time to be on top of the discussions so it's nice to be able to look through them later. But I won't knock $10, should probably do that anyway. Pay more for a lot of stuff that turns out worthless and unused.

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    Well thats nice , I have things up for sale, and want to trade or buy with others and now I cant. Thanks alot!. ( I prefer not to just be able to PM people for questions and answers.)I dont collect or buy modern firearms for the most part. I collect and shoot milsurps. There are hardly any postings of late on the subject of milsurp weapons(That interest me). Consequently ,It will take me forever to get 50 QUALITY posts on this gunboard. I am a member to 15 different gunboards and this one ,is the strictest by far. Thanks fellow Hoosiers.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well thats nice , I have things up for sale, and want to trade or buy with others and now I cant. Thanks alot!. ( I prefer not to just be able to PM people for questions and answers.)I dont collect or buy modern firearms for the most part. I collect and shoot milsurps. There are hardly any postings of late on the subject of milsurp weapons(That interest me). Consequently ,It will take me forever to get 50 QUALITY posts on this gunboard. I am a member to 13 different gunboards and this one ,is the strictest by far. Thanks fellow Hoosiers.

Everyone was given warning before the change and existing ads were grandfathered in. If you are having trouble bumping your ad or responding to inquiries, it's certainly easy enough to PM Fenway or one of the mods for help rather than complain about it in this thread.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I know how we can clean up the classifieds. Make them pay per ad like ebay.:D

But really 50 post is a step in the right direction.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well thats nice , I have things up for sale, and want to trade or buy with others and now I cant. Thanks alot!. ( I prefer not to just be able to PM people for questions and answers.)I dont collect or buy modern firearms for the most part. I collect and shoot milsurps. There are hardly any postings of late on the subject of milsurp weapons(That interest me). Consequently ,It will take me forever to get 50 QUALITY posts on this gunboard. I am a member to 13 different gunboards and this one ,is the strictest by far. Thanks fellow Hoosiers.
    Maybe you'll be able to trade your guns on one of the other twelve boards, then. Good luck. I'm certain that Fenway will appreciate receiving your sincere thanks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A........
    For mostly the first 6 months I was a pure lurker, feeling things out and enjoying the input of the great users here on INGO. Some people want to jump in with both feet, I wanted to dip my toes in first before clicking the submit reply button.

Same here!!! (Lurks) then after a few (6 mo.) I became a regular (pain)

It makes me wonder what this rule change was designed to fix. After answering that question, ask why paying $10 gets you off the hook. I know gunbroker spammers aren't likely to pay the $10, so it is still an improvement. Similarly, like others have pointed out in the past, being a site supporter doesn't mean you are a good guy, it just means you have 10 less dollars.

I agree that the limit should still be 50 anyhow. $10 will weed out a bunch
    of the ones that are gaming the system.
    $10 off the hook kind of defeats that in a way, but most gamers will not be
    up for making the effort or spending the capital to post.

Everyone was given warning before the change and existing ads were grandfathered in. If you are having trouble bumping your ad or responding to inquiries, it's certainly easy enough to PM Fenway or one of the mods for help rather than complain about it in this thread.

But then the world would not know of their discontent. Where's the fun in that? :):

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Just a reminder. All classifieds will remain in the classifieds section that were posted prior to today. However; if you have less than 50 posts, you will not be able to bump it or post in any of the other classified sections until you have 50 posts. You may edit your current thread or close your current thread in the classified sections because this will not bump your thread to the top. But please do not create a new post in those threads as they will be removed unless you are a site supporter or have 50 posts.

What good would PMing anyone do when it has been stated that you would not be allowed to do it?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But then the world would not know of their discontent. Where's the fun in that? :):

Seriously, I don't see what the problem is. We're not out to "get" anyone. We're trying to keep the riff-raff off the site because they cause more harm than good. Remember how the classifieds used to be full of lots of great deals? Yeah, those are gone because they get snapped up by people who did a Google search for "cheap guns" or whatever. It takes almost no effort to just PM a mod and say "Look, here's my problem. Can you help?" and we'll be more than happy to do so.

What exactly does a guy have to do to get in touch with him ? I've sent him two PM's in the past Two weeks and still no reply .

Getting the feeling he doesn't want to talk to me .

I can't speak for him, but I do know he started a new job about a month ago and has been swamped. He's pushing LTCH times for setting up Site Supporters :): If you feel it's something that can be handled by a mod rather than by Fenway, you can PM one of us instead and we'll do our best. That's what we're here for, after all. :ingo:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Seriously, I don't see what the problem is. We're not out to "get" anyone. We're trying to keep the riff-raff off the site because they cause more harm than good. Remember how the classifieds used to be full of lots of great deals? Yeah, those are gone because they get snapped up by people who did a Google search for "cheap guns" or whatever. It takes almost no effort to just PM a mod and say "Look, here's my problem. Can you help?" and we'll be more than happy to do so.

I can't speak for him, but I do know he started a new job about a month ago and has been swamped. He's pushing LTCH times for setting up Site Supporters :): If you feel it's something that can be handled by a mod rather than by Fenway, you can PM one of us instead and we'll do our best. That's what we're here for, after all. :ingo:

The only problem I have is that I can't buy the merch .

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    If you feel it's something that can be handled by a mod rather than by Fenway, you can PM one of us instead and we'll do our best. That's what we're here for, after all. :ingo:

I'll give this a try. Scutter01, I got this weird red and blue rash "down there". I PM'ed with Fenway about this great stuff he uses, but I can't remember now what the name of it was?:dunno: Any way you can help?:draw:

:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'll give this a try. Scutter01, I got this weird red and blue rash "down there". I PM'ed with Fenway about this great stuff he uses, but I can't remember now what the name of it was?:dunno: Any way you can help?:draw:

:D

It's called "penicillin". There may be a brand-name for it as well.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

$10 fixes your "problem". And if this site isn't worth $10 (or more) to you, then why would you care??? :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom