Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    So is this going to get raised to 100 soon? Then 500?

I'm not one to post alot. Even though I've been a member for quite some time.

I prefer to read and learn from others. I'm not so much of an expert to feel I should be pontificating to others. Yet I (and other I'm sure) seem to be getting punished. :xmad:

This site is a great resource for firearms info in Indiana. Heck I even picked up a 10/22 out of the classified. Made a good deal with a fellow gun owner. Just cause I choose not to post alot or pay som $$ doesn't make me any less of a member. But I guess it does in the owners eyes.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Wow. It's the only time we've raised it in the 18 months we've been around. I guess I don't understand why you want something for nothing? If you don't want to contribute money to help pay the bandwidth bills, you can donate time by participating in the discussions. Is it really that much of a burden?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow, I really cant follow the way of thinking in this thread. Personally, I would welcome an Indiana classified that let any hoosier sell their firearms and parts to another. Quality post count blah blah blah, who cares? Whats the difference? Why would anyone care if somebody wanted to drop by and sell a gun he/she no longer wanted? It sounds elitist to support an idea that you must "be in the club" so to speak in order to qualify to sell something. When we go furniture shopping, do we ask the salesman how many customers he has helped in the past, and if it was quality help. No, that would be rediculous and just flapping your gums over nothing.
    See, that there is a completely different vision. You should start a forum to realize that vision.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    am i the only one that thinks that this sucks? i mean i really enjoy this site and have learned a lot from reading posts. i shy away from posting questions or anything because if i do i get some smart a$$ that has to point out that if i searched 10 pages in i would find the same topic. as well as the plain and simple fact that i dont have time for making posts (which must make me less of a gun enthusiast).

i also have enjoyed using the classifieds and if you were to check with any of the people that i have done business with they would tell you that i was a nice guy regardless of my 18 posts or so.
    Part of the beauty of INGO is that you tend to get real help, not smart aleck links to previous discussions and disparagement. Not always true, but mostly. And it seems the events of the last week have served to weed out or choke out some of the offenders, so it should be even better now.

But, if you still are reluctant to post, that deal is the deal that is the deal, so deal. Or pay up.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Part of the beauty of INGO is that you tend to get real help, not smart aleck links to previous discussions and disparagement. Not always true, but mostly. And it seems the events of the last week have served to weed out or choke out some of the offenders, so it should be even better now.

But, if you still are reluctant to post, that deal is the deal that is the deal, so deal. Or pay up.

Sounds like a deal :yesway:

;)

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    I'm happy with this site and will throw money at it when my recent firearm purchases hangover goes away and I can get my head above water..It might take selling some firearms so in that case I better get posting...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just a reminder. All classifieds will remain in the classifieds section that were posted prior to today. However; if you have less than 50 posts, you will not be able to bump it or post in any of the other classified sections until you have 50 posts. You may edit your current thread or close your current thread in the classified sections because this will not bump your thread to the top. But please do not create a new post in those threads as they will be removed unless you are a site supporter or have 50 posts.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I'm not one to post alot. Even though I've been a member for quite some time.

I prefer to read and learn from others. I'm not so much of an expert to feel I should be pontificating to others. Yet I (and other I'm sure) seem to be getting punished. :xmad:

This site is a great resource for firearms info in Indiana. Heck I even picked up a 10/22 out of the classified. Made a good deal with a fellow gun owner. Just cause I choose not to post alot or pay som $$ doesn't make me any less of a member. But I guess it does in the owners eyes.

I was in the same situation. I joined in 2008 but didn't have time to read INGO until a couple of months ago. So when I started posting the MODs started deleting my posts. I simply explained it to them and they understood. There are no bad guys here. If you don't want to do the posts then just pony up and become a site supporter. I don't expect to get something for nothing. I see participation via posting or donating money as a way to give something to the forum that I get a lot from.

You report you got a good deal via this forum, so why not give a little something back. And it doesn't have to be money.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    While there are real lurkers out there I would be hesitant to deal with anyone with a low post count, regardless if they sent money in to become a site supporter or not. How many of you will want to trust someone with a post count of 1-10 and "Site Supporter" under their name with all of the posts being WTS?

I know Fenway and the Mods have tried to find the best way to make the sellers and buyers more connected to the site.
    I think this is but a step in the right direction.

harleyindys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Southside Indy
    I have a hard time finding good qaulity stuff ,but i do try to add my 2 cents if I have somthing to add. I did become a supporter because it does take support to keep this site up .

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Like Burma Shave!

Ok, I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I have been more chatty lately...

Have a ways to go to get my 50..

Pappy

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I must not have explained myself well. This is not a vision, I dont like the classified rules. Pretty cut and dry. I do enjoy other aspects of INGO. Same as all the +1's are opinions, my -1 is an opinion also. Nobody needs to defend their position of agreement with everything that comes down the pipe to me. I know I could throw in $10 lunch money and get into the classifieds so access is a mute point. Its the rule that I dont agree with. I might be a supporter in the future, right now, im not 100%. :)

See, that there is a completely different vision. You should start a forum to realize that vision.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I must not have explained myself well. This is not a vision, I dont like the classified rules. Pretty cut and dry. I do enjoy other aspects of INGO. Same as all the +1's are opinions, my -1 is an opinion also. Nobody needs to defend their position of agreement with everything that comes down the pipe to me. I know I could throw in $10 lunch money and get into the classifieds so access is a mute point. Its the rule that I dont agree with. I might be a supporter in the future, right now, im not 100%. :)

Thanks for clarifying, now we can note your position correctly.

We don't expect everyone to agree on everything we do here (it would be nice, but it would be a lie too). But we are really glad that people can disagree and still be here and have a good time.

I'm glad to have you here even if we have some disagreements.

Thanks!

talshu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    i think this move is good ,but i cant type and and working 12 hrs aday im still trying to get my 10 post ooooops 50 posts so i can sell winchester model 97,but thats ok ill wait i love this site:cheers:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Like Burma Shave!

Ok, I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I have been more chatty lately...
    Have a ways to go to get my 50..

Pappy

As you can see I joined a year ago this month right after the Indy 1500 when I picked up a flyer.

For mostly the first 6 months I was a pure lurker, feeling things out and enjoying the input of the great users here on INGO. Some people want to jump in with both feet, I wanted to dip my toes in first before clicking the submit reply button.

INGO was not formed for classifieds, it's a by product.

Sure I've done some buying and selling here because Mike decided to let other Indiana Gun Owners have the privledge of sharing great deals with each other without having to jump through hoops and dodge bullets.

I'm also sure Mike and the Mods have had more than their share of headaches with the classified section, and at one time or another have thought that they was more than justified to dump them because of some of the headaches that have resulted.

50 posts are not hard to do, if you and others feel that this is an unjust burden to perform, or pony up $10.00, heck I'll pat ya on the back myself and thank you for you minor contribution and make sure the door does not bruise your pride when you leave. It does not matter to me.

I'm here for the knowledge and camaraderie, if they was to disappear, it would be no big deal. The classifieds are the whipped cream on top of the real goodies.

If peoplel ike yourself and others are here for the classifieds and not the above, go to Hoosier Topics.

Just my :twocents:'s

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    i think this move is good ,but i cant type and and working 12 hrs aday im still trying to get my 10 post ooooops 50 posts so i can sell winchester model 97,but thats ok ill wait i love this site:cheers:

PM me?;)

Just joking since I all ready have one. But 3 months ago I would have jumped on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom