Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'll have to say that turnandshoot4 and I are often of differing opinion. We have been back and forth. Yet, he has never been disrespectful, hopefully he would say the same for me. If not, I would fully expect a pm from him asking WTF, are we not on the same page here? The point being, we may argue, but it's not personal...

...AND IT'S NOT RUDE.

Agreed. If you can't handle debate and have to break the rules (name calling etc,) to get your point across, you shouldn't be posting in the thread to begin with. We have a few, that let emotion override good judgment.
    I can be as passionate about a subject as anyone. What I have found through many threads is that, even if I don't agree with others, I always seem to learn something. What many of us have found is that someone else has a better way of getting the point across than the lines we ourselves may have been using for years.

If you find yourself "hot" over a subject, step away, go grab a coffee, cool down a bit, and then come add to the discussion.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    You missed the whole point......it is for the people that are crying about it.
    Be a Site Supporter or get involved. Simple request but a lot of people feel they are singled out....cheated.....etc.
    Yes, I got what you were saying backward at first. I appreciate what you said. Thanks.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    How about something that isn't caffinated...:cheers: :D

Decaf? I'm not saying I drink it, but it does exist. I was at the hospital yesterday in the waiting room waiting for a good friend's wife to come out of surgery in Franklin and I was making a cup of coffee. Someone I had met three minutes prior called me a girl for adding cream to my coffee We hit it off and I spent the rest of the time talking to him. Only, I think he was serious when he called me a girl. HAHAH!:dunno:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    'Kay. You do it in your post. Every post that HAS been made the last few days indicating ANY form of even mild disagreement with the point of view of a moderator or some of a few group of people has been met with "if you don't like it, perhaps you and INGO should part ways."

That's NOT an attitude indicative of there being no problems with dissenting points of view.

You are not listening. The topic which you and every other member don't get a say in, is the rules of this site. If you want to publicly argue and complain about it, be ready for your posts to disappear. The points of view of ALL the mods is directly linked to the written rules that YOU are supposed to follow, and WE are supposed to enforce. To quote (and agree with) you:
    if you don't like it, perhaps you and INGO should part ways.
    . The rules are not up for debate. Any legal topic you can dream-up may be debated on this site until your fingers are sore. Again, outside of removing useless posts that only whine and complain about the rules, you will not see us quash opinions on any topic EVER!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As a matter of fact, there are certain discussions that we stay out of on purpose, so that our view is not mistakenly seen as "the view of INGO" as a whole.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    My Biggest B&*^% about this this is I already had to meet a criteria to make posts once before and now I have to do it again. This is total B.S. I conformed to the rules once and now all of a sudden we're playing school yard football and changing the rules once the game has started. If you played the game once before then you should be grandfathered in.... if your new... Tough you have to meet the 50 post criteria Just my honest opinion. Im not happy about this at all especiallly since I had an ad posted before the change of the rules and now Im locked out of it and cant do a darned thing with it. Total B.S.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    My Biggest B&*^% about this this is I already had to meet a criteria to make posts once before and now I have to do it again. This is total B.S. I conformed to the rules once and now all of a sudden we're playing school yard football and changing the rules once the game has started. If you played the game once before then you should be grandfathered in.... if your new... Tough you have to meet the 50 post criteria Just my honest opinion. Im not happy about this at all especiallly since I had an ad posted before the change of the rules and now Im locked out of it and cant do a darned thing with it. Total B.S.

If you don't like the rules you are free to leave you know?!?!?!

If you enjoy this site it is not real hard to hit the big 50 mark just become active in more then the classifieds, or send Fenway $10 to help support the site.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

So post more. One down. 35 to go. This site is not only here so YOU can buy/sell/trade. Get in some discussions. It's not hard. Less whining more doing on your part will get you back in there.

Look on the bright side, it could have been a minimum TIME you had to be here. You can make 35 QUALITY posts tonight. If Scutter01 can anyone can:laugh::ingo::nopity::rules::oldwise::mods:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Fireman610,

Not to throw the b**** bone back at you, you've been here 13 months, you have a total of 66 posts, only 15 are counting posts because.........

51 of those post are in the classifieds.

Surely you could have found the time to be a part of the INGO community with a mere 1 quality post a week in any forum beside the classifieds. If you would have, this would have been a mute point.

I'm not saying you are part of the problem, but this is one of the reasons Mike has raised the post count. You hit your 10 post and it looks like your main interest has been the classifieds

The classifieds is not what INGO is about, it's just a side bar to a great gun owners forum.

Now if you feel like it, post a reply it'll count towards your 50!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What would those be?:D

Well I, for one, do not post much in the Politics forum unless I must.

51 of those post are in the classifieds.

Moral of the story: If you spent as much time posting in the "Community" of INGO, versus just the "Classifieds", you'd still be enjoying one of the perks of this site, which is the ability to buy and sell to your peers.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The real pain in the butt is going to be that when you hit 55, they are going to raise it to a minimum of 100. It's part of the plan, you know. :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

How awful for you, after paying all that hard earned money to join this site...oh, wait, it's FREE isn't it?.

This site is a gun/2nd Amendment site that happens to have Classifieds, not the other way around. Either post more, pay $10 to support the cause, or go pay fees on Gunbroker. Whichever way you choose, please do so without all the whining.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    this is old

nothing against fireman610 just using the qoute after 5 days of this thread all it really is now is:horse: rules are put in place for a reason sometimes we like them and sometimes we dont just go with the flow and move on:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom