Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    I run into the problem that when someone asks a question that there are a lot more qualified people to answer it than me. I don't want to give advice that could get anybody hurt, killed or arrested. So I just sit back and find out what the gurus have to say. Then again if I do know something, I usually get beat to posting it.

Glad I paid Fenway at the picnic. Just hope he gets me set up before the change. :):

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Here's the answer to the Granfathering question:

Any classified that is currently running will stay up. After the shift the new rules will be in place.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I run into the problem that when someone asks a question that there are a lot more qualified people to answer it than me. I don't want to give advice that could get anybody hurt, killed or arrested. So I just sit back and find out what the gurus have to say.

That's okay. All of us are learning. Asking a good question can be as valuable as answering them. Talk about your experiences- you are the expert on those. :twocents:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    +1, I'm all for it. Anything to clean up my favorite website that makes it easier on Fenway and the mods. People who abuse this community just for the classifieds need to GTFO and go back to Gunbroker/Gunsamerica.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Great idea. I came here because of some search on the computer for a gun and started browsing the classifieds. Found out about the 10 rule and thought WTF? After the 10 posts i even gave money and 300+ posts later in 2 months i found out thsi is more than gunbroker. Its more of a extended family and friends to turn when you have a question on almost anything. Keep up the good work!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow, I really cant follow the way of thinking in this thread. Personally, I would welcome an Indiana classified that let any hoosier sell their firearms and parts to another. Quality post count blah blah blah, who cares? Whats the difference? Why would anyone care if somebody wanted to drop by and sell a gun he/she no longer wanted? It sounds elitist to support an idea that you must "be in the club" so to speak in order to qualify to sell something. When we go furniture shopping, do we ask the salesman how many customers he has helped in the past, and if it was quality help. No, that would be rediculous and just flapping your gums over nothing.

You know what they say about opinions:dunno:

Want a free place to sell something and not have to complain about a mere 50 quality posts on a great web site that has thousands of great people willing to share their knowledge and wisdom, and provide help to others when needed?

If your are not happy with INGO, try
    HoosierTopics.com

It's free, and so are the headaches that go with it also, plus you'll get out of it exactly what they put into it, NOTHING.

INGO is not about items that you or others have for sale, it's something that Fenway let's us have as an extra benefit of being part of the INGO community.

It's not about selling things, it's about being part of the community, part of the Indiana Gun Owners community, people who share a common interest in gun ownership and the fellowship that it provides.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good Move.

rockersickman.gif
    I think most agree this idea rocks.

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    am i the only one that thinks that this sucks? i mean i really enjoy this site and have learned a lot from reading posts. i shy away from posting questions or anything because if i do i get some smart a$$ that has to point out that if i searched 10 pages in i would find the same topic. as well as the plain and simple fact that i dont have time for making posts (which must make me less of a gun enthusiast).

i also have enjoyed using the classifieds and if you were to check with any of the people that i have done business with they would tell you that i was a nice guy regardless of my 18 posts or so.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    am i the only one that thinks that this sucks? i mean i really enjoy this site and have learned a lot from reading posts. i shy away from posting questions or anything because if i do i get some smart a$$ that has to point out that if i searched 10 pages in i would find the same topic. as well as the plain and simple fact that i dont have time for making posts (which must make me less of a gun enthusiast).

i also have enjoyed using the classifieds and if you were to check with any of the people that i have done business with they would tell you that i was a nice guy regardless of my 18 posts or so.

Ignore the smart donkeys and ask your questions.
    Don't let 1 out of 50 that will bust your acorns get to you.

See your at 19.... only 31 more questions or answers to go.

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    also half the time that i don't read all the way through a thread is because of all the guys with the cutesy 1 liners. i refuse to be one of those guys. since joining there has not been a day that i havent visited this website and now theres people saying that since i dont pollute every other thread with filth (or sucking up to the mods) that i cant use the classifieds. damn near 90% of each thread is just someone agreeing with someone else or someone trying to be funny or someone worshiping a glock again. hell if i did that i'd have hundreds of posts but just assumed not littering good information was a better approach. guess i'll just argue about glocks now to get my 50 posts!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    also half the time that i don't read all the way through a thread is because of all the guys with the cutesy 1 liners. i refuse to be one of those guys. since joining there has not been a day that i havent visited this website and now theres people saying that since i dont pollute every other thread with filth (or sucking up to the mods) that i cant use the classifieds. damn near 90% of each thread is just someone agreeing with someone else or someone trying to be funny or someone worshiping a glock again. hell if i did that i'd have hundreds of posts but just assumed not littering good information was a better approach. guess i'll just argue about glocks now to get my 50 posts!

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but I'm sure you read that you can also just become a site supporter. Why not do that if making the 50 posts is not to your liking?

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

lurk.gif

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    i shy away from posting questions or anything because if i do i get some smart a$$ that has to point out that if i searched 10 pages in i would find the same topic.

Being new myself I understand somewhat , but also have seen that sometimes it's annoying to re-hash / resurrect a discussion that went badly or in 500 ways from what the OP wanted .

Sure it's easier to ask the question but I search first to get specific info , if I can't find what I'm looking for then I'll post about it .

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom