Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    What branch of OUR government defines Quality post ?,
    before i have to get out my credit card and buy my way to quality or equality ?.....God i love the freedom of speech in america ...lol

I kid I joke :patriot::laugh::cheers::ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What branch of OUR government defines Quality post ?,
    before i have to get out my credit card and buy my way to quality or equality ?.....God i love the freedom of speech in america ...lol

I kid I joke :patriot::laugh::cheers::ingo:

This is not a democracy. It's a privately-run website presented for free for your use.

The decision has already been made. This is no longer up for discussion. You can either accept it and work with it, or you and INGO can part ways.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Dice, this isn't a free speech issue. This is a private website, we are guests on private property so if Fenway made a rule saying we all had to wear yellow hats when we posted he can.

-----

I am all for a 50 quality post min. for the classifieds, hell I would like to see a min. on time on the board also. I don't come here because it is a marketplace; I come here for the information, the debates, and the cool earth tone colour scheme.

50 posts are pretty easy to rack up, furthermore why would anyone post anything that would not be "quality"? One of the private forums I am a part of has rules that would make most of you cry; all posts must follow all grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules, no internet speak, etc. In my eyes there are very few reasons for a post to be less than one sentence. And if you have a sentence then perhaps you can elaborate on that with a full paragraph, that way we know the real context of what you are trying to say. Bam! Instant quality post.

I am not advocating being a grammar Nazi, even I run pretty loose and fast with the rules of composition when I am on here, but it does make for an easier to read post and that makes everyone happy.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Sorry guys i just have a strange sense of humor ...
    not trying to step on toes ..
    Having over 500 post i am not affected buy this (atleast i guess)

and have no problem with the rule i also support the rule .

I just find it funny the way the rule is stated ,,Again not trying to step on fenway or any mods toes ,

why not just 50 post , even 100 post .

my take on the way it is worded is the best way to quality is send money

Again sorry not trying to step on toes

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Because otherwise you have people who come in to the Introductions and Greetings forum and type the word "welcome" 50 times. That's not the type of post we're interested in. If you're just going to spam the board with garbage to get into the ads then you can just go to Gunbroker.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sorry guys i just have a strange sense of humor ...
    not trying to step on toes ..
    Having over 500 post i am not affected buy this (atleast i guess)

and have no problem with the rule i also support the rule .

I just find it funny the way the rule is stated ,,Again not trying to step on fenway or any mods toes ,

Again sorry not trying to step on toes

We tried it that way. We tried letting people be honest, responsible, adult posters. But some people could not meet that standard because their focus is not on the board but on making a quick buck by any selfish and silly means possible.

So we have to do it this way. It wastes our time, and is frustrating, but some new members have left us no other option.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Not a mod just a poster, but its probably to stop people from going into the welcome thread and posting "Hi, welcome to INGO" to the last 50 people that posted there, and things of that nature.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    We tried it that way. We tried letting people be honest, responsible, adult posters. But some people could not meet that standard because their focus is not on the board but on making a quick buck by any selfish and silly means possible.

So we have to do it this way. It wastes our time, and is frustrating, but some new members have left us no other option.

I understand this and i do agree with it .
    but is it more of a quality post to jump into a post that has a question about a 1911 with saying BUY A GLOCK .

or saying welcome to ingo in the greetings

see what i am saying ..

I know there is no way around this

I wouldnt want your jobs because it is frustrating ..

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Great Idea !!

I'm glad to see it!!!!! I know it has been suggested before.
    This way it seperates the people who have an interest in participation in the site from the (FLY-BY-Nighters) who get their 10 posts...sell their items and disappear.

WAY TO GO FENWAY !!!!!!!:rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I understand this and i do agree with it .
    but is it more of a quality post to jump into a post that has a question about a 1911 with saying BUY A GLOCK .

or saying welcome to ingo in the greetings

see what i am saying ..

The "buy a glock" post is equally worthless and will be treated as such when it's clear that it's being used to skirt the rules.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom