Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    I find this unfortunate for the people read every post of every subforum and do not respond (like myself). Lets get this straight first, I read A LOT of posts.

Trust me, before this goes any further, I completely understand.

I am on here everyday, learning more and more each time I sign in but I will not just make a random post to feel like I am participating in a forum. I feel that another well educated firearm owner is just (or maybe even more) valuable as someone who posts information and shares their knowledge. Unfortunately at this point, I probably do not have much to post that is "new" knowledge to the community.

No hard feelings here, just something to think about. :)

Brandan

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I find this unfortunate for the people read every post of every subforum and do not respond (like myself). Lets get this straight first, I read A LOT of posts.

Trust me, before this goes any further, I completely understand.

I am on here everyday, learning more and more each time I sign in but I will not just make a random post to feel like I am participating in a forum. I feel that another well educated firearm owner is just (or maybe even more) valuable as someone who posts information and shares their knowledge. Unfortunately at this point, I probably do not have much to post that is "new" knowledge to the community.

No hard feelings here, just something to think about. :)

Brandan

Lurkers is exactly why we hesitated on this for over a year. We hate to burden you, but at the same time take this as an opportunity to get to know you better.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    Lurkers is exactly why we hesitated on this for over a year. We hate to burden you, but at the same time take this as an opportunity to get to know you better.

No burden here for me :rockwoot:. I know I am just as valuable as anyone else here. After all the point of this forum is to educate other follow Indiana Firearm Owners.

Happy :ingo:'ing to all.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I've been considering becoming a INGO advertiser as I currently manufacture many items firearms related right here in good ole Indiana. However, I've been hesitant as the riff-raff rants and undermining of some of the other advertisers & individual sellers left me concerned that INGO would go the way of other sites I supported in the past of which I terminated my relationship due to the constant drama. I'm glad to see the effort to maintain a quality standard, certain level of professionalism, along with some ethics & moral values. And remember.....
    "You are only as successful as the company you keep!"

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I've been considering becoming a INGO advertiser as I currently manufacture many items firearms related right here in good ole Indiana. However, I've been hesitant as the riff-raff rants and undermining of some of the other advertisers & individual sellers left me concerned that INGO would go the way of other sites I supported in the past of which I terminated my relationship due to the constant drama. I'm glad to see the effort to maintain a quality standard, certain level of professionalism, along with some ethics & moral values. And remember.....
    "You are only as successful as the company you keep!"

We would welcome any advertising supporter, and understand your reservations. We also welcome your support as a poster even if you cannot advertise here.

But at the same time, posters need to understand that this is not about advertisers. It is about the mission of this site, and Fenway's vision for it. This is his house. Please act accordingly.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    50 posts is a pretty simple thing to do, adding the modifier "quality" is what drives us. It means that you have something valid to add to the conversation, either statement or question. There is nothing wrong with asking questions about something that is over your head if it helps you understand. From watching the way this site operates it seems this place is centered on the idea of expanding the knowledge base and comradere of gun owners in this state.

I read a whole lot of posts, and often I am tempted to reply but then I realize that I only have one or two lines worth of text to say. This isn't a cheesy teen movie where one liners stick, this is a place that I come when I need to know something or want to talk to someone that doesn't make me want to put my face through a window.

If you guys think that "quality" is to vague then perhaps we could use the reputation system. Then it would be your peers that decide when you can post ads, and they could also remove that ability from you. That would at least be easier for the moderators than reading your posts before granting access. A subjective system is going to be implemented, what you have to ask is do you trust the people making the ruling, and do you feel that what you have to say has enough substance to deem you worthy?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    50 posts is a pretty simple thing to do, adding the modifier "quality" is what drives us.

I understand. I wish there was a better way. Really.

Hours, and hours, dinners, emails, PM's, heated discussions, and years have been spent on this...

No one is more frustrated by this than the Mods. Had people not gamed the system, worked around intent, played the site, and generally worked against our best ideas, none of this would be necessary.

It is what it is, as imperfect and absolute as it is.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Wow, I really cant follow the way of thinking in this thread. Personally, I would welcome an Indiana classified that let any hoosier sell their firearms and parts to another. Quality post count blah blah blah, who cares? Whats the difference? Why would anyone care if somebody wanted to drop by and sell a gun he/she no longer wanted? It sounds elitist to support an idea that you must "be in the club" so to speak in order to qualify to sell something. When we go furniture shopping, do we ask the salesman how many customers he has helped in the past, and if it was quality help. No, that would be rediculous and just flapping your gums over nothing.

You know what they say about opinions:dunno:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Wow, I really cant follow the way of thinking in this thread. Personally, I would welcome an Indiana classified that let any hoosier sell their firearms and parts to another. Quality post count blah blah blah, who cares? Whats the difference? Why would anyone care if somebody wanted to drop by and sell a gun he/she no longer wanted? It sounds elitist to support an idea that you must "be in the club" so to speak in order to qualify to sell something. When we go furniture shopping, do we ask the salesman how many customers he has helped in the past, and if it was quality help. No, that would be rediculous and just flapping your gums over nothing.

You know what they say about opinions:dunno:

We care because this site was not started to become a free classifieds for people to sell their firearms. This site was started to be a safe, reliable, knowledgeable place for people in and around Indiana to discuss firearms. The Classifieds were added as a perk. As such, we want people to come here for the information that can be found, not because we have a Classifieds section.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    GOOD! This will trim the fat without requiring any additional changes
    like making the classifieds a site supporter only option or a pay go option.

Boys and girls this should help greatly (read eliminate) with the 10 poster living in the
    classifieds area. Just look at the counts, do a search and see where
    all their posting is done.

:ingo:

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Techres,

Only design and intent can be perfect. Once the hands of man have touched something perfection is lost. It is the quest for that goal that matters. We measure the beauty of an object by its minor imperfections that add character to it without detracting from the inherent grace of the whole.

This place is not perfect, and it never will be. You will never be able to please everyone, and that is fine. There are some very good people on here; I have had the pleasure of meeting some of them. There are also member of this sight that I would not shake their hands nor help them off the ground, but that does not reflect back onto you. We are talking about a place where we are judged by our words. Meanings and context can often be lost, disagreements happen, it is when things go downhill that we see the real character of a member.

I have been hit with an infraction myself, and while I still to this day stand by my statement, I also understand the point of the moderator and accept that judgment. I have yet to have any problems with the moderation or operation of this sight, only other members.

One last note, if the Quality or the Colour Scheme ever change I will be the first one out.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Personally, I would welcome an Indiana classified that let any hoosier sell their firearms and parts to another.

That is not what this forum is about. If you simply want to buy and sell guns/ammo, you'll have to create your own site. INGO is a community... if you want to buy/sell/trade, then become part of the community. I don't understand why that's so hard for some people to "get".

Oh, and way to go Fenway/mods. As part of the INGO community, I like the new rule.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Jenny, I "get" exactly what you are saying. I dont agree with it. No big deal! When I have something constructive to say that hasnt already been said, I will say it here on Ingo :)

That is not what this forum is about. If you simply want to buy and sell guns/ammo, you'll have to create your own site. INGO is a community... if you want to buy/sell/trade, then become part of the community. I don't understand why that's so hard for some people to "get".

Oh, and way to go Fenway/mods. As part of the INGO community, I like the new rule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom