• ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I saw this on Facebook. The title of the story made me cringe a little. I was expecting, teen shot after grabbing a pair of sneakers from a guy and running.

After reading the story, it makes sense now. A "world-class" young man, scholar and athlete was killed AFTER HE PRODUCED A GUN and attempted to rob someone.:rolleyes:

Why not a headline that says, Teen killed while attempting armed robbery?:dunno:

Because that does not fit the MSM narrative.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So it appears that, since HB 234 doesn't take effect for another 90-ish days, I'll be open carrying while in Dayton for my next work project. Good times.

I guess the reporter just had column inches to fill? Otherwise, why would we need half of the article to consist of this drivel?

Jabbar, who went by JJ, moved to Middletown from Columbus to live with his father. People who knew him said he was well mannered.

"He was a real good kid. Hurt my heart to hear it happen," said James Murphy, whose son and Jabbar were friends.

"I'm upset. My son's upset … I mean, he was a really good guy."

"Very polite and well mannered," said Ladonna Matthers, Jabbar's cousin. "He came over here before and we got to spend a little bit of time together playing a game or two. He likes videogames."

"I didn't think that him, of all kids, it would happen to him," said Jessica Chambliss, a friend of Jabbar. "But, you know, that's how we all feel."

What I really don't understand, though, is how could a 16 year old even have a gun in the first place. I mean, there are laws against that.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    What I really don't understand, though, is how could a 16 year old even have a gun in the first place. I mean, there are laws against that.
    It's obvious. He just found it and was about to turn it in when it possessed him and made him try to rob someone

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    In reading the article, a cousin of the late and unlamented robber said that the robber was "polite". Funny, I always thought that polite, whilst pointing a gun at someone to steal their swag was a contradiction in terms.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    CCW holder has been cleared of all charges in the shooting.

However, he has been charged with aggravated assault on fashion for purchasing the shoes.

2014_New_Nike_Air_Jordan_XI_6_New_Releases_Mens_Basketball_Shoes_Black_Grey_Gold.jpg

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Sadly, as I understand it, in OH, it is incumbent on the shooter in an SDS to prove his innocence. Not upon the State to prove his guilt.

Seriously? That seems so wrong. "Innocent until proven guilty? Nah, you convince us why we shouldn't shouldn't introduce you to a nice fella named 'Bubba'".

So is he held in prison until proving innocence?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Tragic, really, for all involved. How shoes can be so important to have to threaten with deadly force is unimaginable. That person clearly didn't value anyone else's life or his own. So the result is the natural consequence of his actions. It's just a shame that it happened and I hope the shooter isn't guilt ridden.

This isn't sad or tragic, this outcome was decided by the "good boy that never hurt a flea" when he chose to pull a gun on someone for shoes. I say that because aforementioned worm food was used to bullying his way into whatever he wanted. This is no different than the high school thug taking milk money away from the 4th graders at the bus stop. In this instance bully met not a victim but someone willing to stand up to him in an equal fashion and paid for his actions. It's NOT a shame that it happened, it is a shame that the intended victim is going to have to deal with the **** storm coming his way for standing up to a bully on equal ground and beating the bully at his own game. How many stories and videos are floating around out there of bullies with or without guns running like scared little puppies when confronted with equal or greater force. This punk got exactly what he had coming to him and I'd proudly buy the shooter a beer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm confused. The guy in video... is his son 16? if so, I'm trying to figure out why he hasn't been able to talk to his son. Kirk, you have an answer for this? Seems like, as a juvenile not yet waived to adult, that would be an issue.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    From the video: "The Dayton mall does not allow firearms on its grounds."

Yeah, the policy was really effective, wasn't it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Also, remember last year.... this this happened before...... please, for the children..... stop selling these shoes.........

[video=youtube;zX9noPLh5uA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9noPLh5uA#t=88[/video]

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We need more of this. I'm happy to hear that this person said to himself: I will not be robbed of what's mine and what I've worked hard to earn. Not me. Not today. Best possible outcome in my opinion.

Top Bottom