• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Guy gets to the shoe store too late to get the latest shoes, so he finds someone on the sidewalk that just purchased some and pulled a gun demanding the shoes. The guy pulled his own legally carried gun and shot him dead.

My favorite comment was "I'm upset. My son's upset … I mean, he was a really good guy."

Yea, a really good guy when he wasn't shoving a gun in your face demanding your goods. Denial runs deep in some shallow minds.

Police: Man killed Middletown teen at Dayton Mall in self defense - Story

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sad to hear the kid lost his life over a pair of shoes. Unfortunately he didn't have the patience to go to another store, or the moral sense not to threaten someone's life over something so trivial.

I wonder if they were even the kid's size.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    It would appear that the comment section of that particular article is off. I was wanting to see who got blamed for the incident in the public eyes. I'm sure it wasn't the fault of the juvenile who wanted the new shoes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Squeaky clean shoot.

Good for the putative victim.

My favorite comment was "I'm upset. My son's upset … I mean, he was a really good guy."

I've worked for many robbers that were nice guys when they are not robbing people, or "hitting licks".

John Dillinger was a cool guy to hang out with too, but he was still a thug and needed a bullet to the head.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Being punctual can save your life. Should've gotten out of the fart sack in time to get his kicks.

+1 to the CCW. He had a gun drawn on him and managed to pull his, place a fatal shot in 1 rd without getting himself shot in the process.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Call shannon watts and tell her we have another example of the thing that never happens for her to choke on.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Squeaky clean shoot.

I've worked for many robbers that were nice guys when they are not robbing people, or "hitting licks".

John Dillinger was a cool guy to hang out with too, but he was still a thug and needed a bullet to the head.

Kirk:

We met (at Purdue) and I have a lot of respect for you so please do not take this as trolling, it's a genuine question...

With you calling this a good shoot with the perp dead, how would you handle this case if the perp had lived and you had to represent him?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This thug didn't lose his life over a pair of shoes. He lost his life because he was a douche bag criminal.

A douche bag criminal that decided to ply his trade over a pair of shoes. Some rob banks, some don't think quite as big.

Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for the deceased. He was old enough to understand the stakes involved and what can happen when you pull a gun on someone. He decided those shoes were worth taking the risk.

Some die for their country, some die for love or honor. This idiot died for a pair of shoes.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Squeaky clean shoot.

We really need to have a bingo sheet for these stories to see how many of each cliche they recycle

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Some die for their country, some die for love or honor. This idiot died for a pair of shoes.[/QUOTE]

^^ This.
    That day it happened to be a pair of shoes. Who knows what he had been up to, or would be doing in the future.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I saw this on Facebook. The title of the story made me cringe a little. I was expecting, teen shot after grabbing a pair of sneakers from a guy and running.

After reading the story, it makes sense now. A "world-class" young man, scholar and athlete was killed AFTER HE PRODUCED A GUN and attempted to rob someone.:rolleyes:

Why not a headline that says, Teen killed while attempting armed robbery?:dunno:

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Reminds me of the time they beat that kid to death in chicago for his jordans....He was 12.

This thug got what he deserved in life. A .98 cent piece of copper jacketed lead.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I saw this on Facebook. The title of the story made me cringe a little. I was expecting, teen shot after grabbing a pair of sneakers from a guy and running.

After reading the story, it makes sense now. A "world-class" young man, scholar and athlete was killed AFTER HE PRODUCED A GUN and attempted to rob someone.:rolleyes:

Why not a headline that says, Teen killed while attempting armed robbery?:dunno:

Good point. Stuff like that needs to be called out .

fwheadhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    unimaginable

I don't know. Each case depends on the evidence--what is there and what is not.
    Tragic, really, for all involved. How shoes can be so important to have to threaten with deadly force is unimaginable. That person clearly didn't value anyone else's life or his own. So the result is the natural consequence of his actions. It's just a shame that it happened and I hope the shooter isn't guilt ridden.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    BUt, it's not right to take someone's life over shoes. The man should have gladly handed them over to the upstanding individual who demanded them. THEN he could have handed over his money, then his car, his house, and his daughter. STILL no reason to kill him. Of course, ALL of this should be purple.

Top Bottom