CathyInBlue Shootered??? (Also, what's for breakfast??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree. I have chosen not to participate much in those threads. For one, I am not a religious scholar--quoting and counter-quoting bible verses and expounding on their meanings is not my forte; secondly and, as far as INGO is concerned, such threads are not so important to discussing the issues of the day. It has been interesting reading some peoples' interpretations of various verses but I can see why INGO had previously had a 0-tolerance policy. It seems like when it comes to talking about religion, especially along the lines of whether it's foolish to be faithful or not, folks just can't help but to be nasty from time to time. It seems to me, for the over welming time the policy has been changed, INGOers have been far more respectful to each other, on both sides, than I could have imagined (until last night, apparently).

I like the change. More speech is better...even the stuff I find repugnant.

ETA: It appears the curfuffle may have been in this thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-discussion-public-displays-religiosity.html

I am with you here. While most of the time I can hold my own, I don't enjoy debating religion in the adversarial sense. I do enjoy being able to have a thoughtful discussion with people of assorted backgrounds which is thought-provoking and expands my understanding of others. Once again, nothing anyone else believes is going to harm me (well, unless they engage in ritual cannibalism or something). As a consequence, I see no need to be hostile about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She seems like she would be a person of her word. If that is what she has said in the past, i would assume she will not be back.

Well, if one crosses the lines set up in open forum and gets set in the corner for it I see no reason for total butt hurt.
    To say such a thing is to put yourself out front of the pack. I can and will make no mistakes. We all make them.
    She pushes the boundary's a bit here and there not un-like others.

I will miss her incite. She is very intelligent.

That said, I would welcome her back.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, if one crosses the lines set up in open forum and gets set in the corner for it I see no reason for total butt hurt.
    To say such a thing is to put yourself out front of the pack. I can and will make no mistakes. We all make them.

I will miss her incite. She is very intelligent.

Absolutely.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My first thought on the religion threads:

1418670-881999_this_will_not_end_well_super.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    While I take my relationship with God seriously,

One thing I don't take seriously in online forum arguments. Don't know what happened there, but I think some light-heartedness and stepping away if you feel yourself getting too wound up may avoid a lot of issues. The old self-effacing chuckle has probably saved more than a few bans.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I will miss her insight. She is very intelligent.

Made a slight correction for you. The original actually made me chuckle given the topic :-)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    While I take my relationship with God seriously,

One thing I don't take seriously in online forum arguments. Don't know what happened there, but I think some light-heartedness and stepping away if you feel yourself getting too wound up may avoid a lot of issues. The ols self-effacing chuckle has probably saved more than a few bans.

This is pretty much how I feel... I will talk to any INGO member here about religion over coffee or at the range, but on the forum I would prefer to just let it be. :twocents: I have ventured in and read a bit but I don't know that I've ever posted. I try to stay out of it. On the internet you cannot in my opinion have a "real" conversation with someone and they cannot know me for the person I am and I can't see them...
    So in how I look at it religion can wait at least for me. I've also developed some thick skin and the ability to smile at a lot when it comes to talking to people about this sort of thing just because of demeanor and all I've encountered with it over the years. Religion can challenge people to their very being and I can see why they get all stirred up over it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I've always liked Cathy, and I hope she comes back.

This forum is a lot smarter and a little bit more funny/quirky/interesting with her in it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm a new member and have read way more than I've posted, but have frequented Internet forums for many years, even moderate one. I got my hand smacked for something I thought was ridiculous a while back. I have a fairly good idea what goes into moderating a forum of this size, and I understand it's your sandbox, but at the same time, sometimes I think the mods should grow some thicker skin.

I don't really believe it's the mods so much as we do have some PC whiners, even on a gun forum. You know what they say about squeaky bearings? I'd bet a lot of the hand slapping is the result of someone getting their panties bunched and then *****ing about it long enough and loud enough for someone to hear and finally succumb to their wishes!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom