• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can't hide from the fact that a gun show is a venue where many, many guns are coonfingered. Add to that the desire of Bubba to show off his slick 1911 he just got engraved (with the text "Panty Remover") and then snuck into the show, loaded, and probability for ND increases dramatically. JoeBob assumes Bubba gave him unloaded gun to play with, because, hey, no loaded guns allowed, right?

Now, if we go to dinner at Crapplebees and you start coonfingerin' your gun, expect to get *****slapped.

Plus, if a rogue baddy if retarded enough to make a move that requires he be stopped with deadly force (i.e. SD shooting) What makes you think Bubba is the right guy to make the shot in that crowded venue? No, of course not, but you're so much more prepared than Bubba... :n00b:

EDIT: This the same Barbara Streisand reasoning that people use when test'ing while driving. "I can do it because I'm safer than everyone else" or "I can do it because this is Faceborg and not TXT msgs". The fact is, these rules are put into place because of common sense safety and not some liberal conspiracy to get all of us gun owners herded into a build like defenseless sheep.

I have to agree...well said. Really well said. Nothing about deodorant though.
    I also agree with Katnup (Sp) as to his post. I know the exact Bubba of whom you speak. Not a bad sort, good hearted big ole guy with good intentions. I will not shoot with him. Knowing the rules are there for a reason, yes I do. Observing everyone of them, well, no I do not. No intention of ever removing it from concealment unless forced into a spot that requires it. Up close, I prefer the hands on approach as it has served me well in the past.
    Bubba aint making that shot. Please Bubba, do not try.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree, many guns are handles at shows. And if you're going to a show to try out holsters or check out other wares, those items should be monitored, however, if a person is carrying their personal protection piece, CC or OC, with no intention of unholstering it, why should they have to be disadvantaged?

The problem is that "no intention of unholstering it" quickly can fade away under the constant barrage of, "what cha carryin'?" in the undisciplined gun owner. Personally, I'm fine with people being disadvantaged, infringed, limited, hamstrung, stripped of their rights, or however else you want to put it. It's just another thing for people to complain about - and from all the "I'll never go back" threads, we love to find something to complain about.

The risk is just too great, IMHO.

• We all know gun safety is atrocious at gun shows, generally speaking.

• Should a ND occur, it's highly likely a body will be hit by least a fragment from a ricochet, if not a direct strike.

Speaking of which, HEY GUN SHOW PATRONS: If I'm selling it, I'll have a sign. Quit asking, "how much you want?". :xmad:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Amazing how many here think they are above the rules and regulations. Wonder how they handle themselves on the road.

Oh well, I realize they consider themselves better than the rest.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Amazing how many here think they are above the rules and regulations. Wonder how they handle themselves on the road.

Oh well, I realize they consider themselves better than the rest.

not better than anyone i just won't go in to a building full guns unarmed....

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Pretty arrogant. But there are those out there.

As stated, you place yourself above all others. At least thats the feedback you're leaving here.

you have your opinion and i have mine.....as of now there is no law that i will arrested for carryin' at a show......if the goes down at at show i guess i'll know it's you as you crawlin' out of there.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty arrogant. But there are those out there.

As stated, you place yourself above all others. At least thats the feedback you're leaving here.

He is NO different that guys that carry everywhere else that posts "no gun/no firearms" signs. At least he's consistent with his belief.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He is NO different that guys that carry everywhere else that posts "no gun/no firearms" signs. At least he's consistent with his belief.

Not true.

A restaurant / office / bank post those signs out of fear and a fallacy to it will prevent violence.

A gun show has those signs because of a knowledge of their clientel and a desire for safety from ND's, not in an effort to prevent violence.

If you do choose to carry at a gun show because your desire for control and personal protection trumps all, then be discrete and don't brag about it on INGO, please.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not true.

A restaurant / office / bank post those signs out of fear and a fallacy to it will prevent violence.

A gun show has those signs because of a knowledge of their clientel and a desire for safety from ND's, not in an effort to prevent violence.

If you do choose to carry at a gun show because your desire for control and personal protection trumps all, then be discrete and don't brag about it on INGO, please.

And that's my only point.... you are no safer at a gun show than you are anywhere else.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    So does this make you believe you should also carry at the airport, post office, or any other federal building or hospital, and county court house?

Absolutely, but that is explicitly illegal (minus the hospital). Carrying at a gunshow is not.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Did some more searching and now have found that (NO GUN) signage actually means little if anything at all other than being able to ask one to leave if they discover you do have a firearm on your person, loaded or not..

So this changes my whole discussion/thinking on this matter.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Did some more searching and now have found that (NO GUN) signage actually means little if anything at all other than being able to ask one to leave if they discover you do have a firearm on your person, loaded or not..

So this changes my whole discussion/thinking on this matter.

That is correct :yesway:

Top Bottom