• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I should clarify tho regarding my thoughts here. Don't think that I'm one just because a rule or law is made folks should just rollover and comply. No more than I think they should just blatantly disobey the rules or law. They should work within the system to have the rules and/or laws changed/revised.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree with the guy that said if they allowed carrying at gun shows I would never go back. I can't walk into a gun shop without having someone point a gun at me at least twice it seems like.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    The store or movie theater doesn't have hundreds of people with firearms that are out of their holsters or being pointed/waved around. I would never go to a gun show if loaded weapons were allowed. Enough morons shoot themselves and others in the parking lot.

And while we're on the subject of a gun show's mandatory rules, I'd like to nominate deodorant as a requirement.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I stated, I no longer care for the big shows and only attend smaller ones on occasion at the behest of friends. I will help at their booths and it is enjoyable to a degree.

jcwit...you make good argument and I have to agree with most of what you say. I just have lost faith in people. I feel the need to be armed as it is a silly, silly world. You can not fix stupid.

I also understand folks not wanting to be around that many armed people.
    Again, I do not brandish or play show and tell. I got chewed on at the range today for showing another shooter the TRC 1 tac lite on my TRP. We were off the line and he asked to see it. I showed him the gun in the safest of manners and the range safety officer got me for it. I should not have done that in his eyes. My bad.

Deodorant or the lack of is another reason I stay away from the big shows. Take a freaking bath people............................:D

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I think you'd be surprised how many folks conceal carry with a loaded gun at the 1500. You look for it, you can see it. My buddy does it every time. Cops never catch him. Course he doesn't ever remove it from his holster. Its for a personal protection situation only.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I am LTCH. I know many others that do the very same thing. Every vendor in the building is armed. Half the patrons as well. Wake up. It has nothing to do with class.
    This is one of many reasons I do not attend that function any more.

I would be very surprised if majority (or any) of the vendors, are armed....yes, there probably are a few, but if they get caught by the promoter they are done and permanently banned from doing any more shows without discussion. Here in the last year or so, Dan Masters (Indy 1500 promoter) always makes his speech before the show opens to the public about vendors not being allowed to be armed. All firearms are to be unloaded and this applies to the vendors personal firearms. Every promoter that I know has this policy, not just the Indy 1500. :twocents:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    If you are willing to give up your constitutional right at the door of an event or business that has such a rule,go right on....if not,join all the others who CC.Your drive to the location of the event is much more hazardous to your health that the time spent in the show.I wonder if there have been any deaths from AD at any gunshow this year or last?

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    At this past Indy 1500, my sisters boyfriend was looking for a gun. He thought he wanted a Glock, because thats the only one he really knew. The dealer told him that he would never recommend a Glock as someones first gun. Said he witnessed someone who shot their hand, because they thought they were dry-firing the gun after unloading it at a show not too long ago. No why someone would have their hand in front of the barrel while still dry-firing, is beyond me.

He said the main reason to not suggest it as someones first gun, was because its harder to tell if theirs one in the chamber since theirs no external indicator, and you can't tell if the striker is ready to fire.

Thats the parts that I overheard at least. I was looking at other guns.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    the ones i'm sellin' are unloaded and get a tie band....what the don't know won't hurt them...

worked HVAC for 31 years and only had 1 employer that had a "no gun in truck rule"....only worked for them for a month:D

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    why someone would have their hand in front of the barrel while still dry-firing, is beyond me.

Good question. Almost as good as the question "Why do some people rest the muzzle up against their support hand palm when looking at a possible purchase?"

I see it all the time. ALL the time.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Good question. Almost as good as the question "Why do some people rest the muzzle up against their support hand palm when looking at a possible purchase?"

I see it all the time. ALL the time.

Why do some people rest the muzzle with the other hand? Thats easy, same reason one would never handle a valuable china plate or cut glass crystal with one hand. More security against dropping. Watch how the curator at the NRA museum handles the valuable arms.

Doubt very much where you work if someone dropped a 1911 on the glass case it would go over very good.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Why do some people rest the muzzle with the other hand? Thats easy, same reason one would never handle a valuable china plate or cut glass crystal with one hand. More security against dropping. Watch how the curator at the NRA museum handles the valuable arms.

Doubt very much where you work if someone dropped a 1911 on the glass case it would go over very good.

There's no other part of a gun but the muzzle?? You can't rest the bottom of the frame on your palm...? It has to be the muzzle?? I don't get it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would be very surprised if majority (or any) of the vendors, are armed....yes, there probably are a few, but if they get caught by the promoter they are done and permanently banned from doing any more shows without discussion. Here in the last year or so, Dan Masters (Indy 1500 promoter) always makes his speech before the show opens to the public about vendors not being allowed to be armed. All firearms are to be unloaded and this applies to the vendors personal firearms. Every promoter that I know has this policy, not just the Indy 1500. :twocents:

I am sure that is pressed home very hard today. If you look at my original post it states this was a long while ago. I am sure it has changed. Some of the folks I was referring to no longer do the shows.

Rest assured, someone is armed behind those tables. Just saying.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    There's no other part of a gun but the muzzle?? You can't rest the bottom of the frame on your palm...? It has to be the muzzle?? I don't get it.

It the balance or call it the center of gravity of the piece. Again think of the plate, the hands would generally go to opposite sides of the plate thereby securing /protecting it. In the case of a cut glass crystal goblet one hand to the bowl or stem of the goblet the other hand to the base.

In the case of a hand gun the opposite ends of the gun, grip and muzzle.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It the balance or call it the center of gravity of the piece. Again think of the plate, the hands would generally go to opposite sides of the plate thereby securing /protecting it. In the case of a cut glass crystal goblet one hand to the bowl or stem of the goblet the other hand to the base.

In the case of a hand gun the opposite ends of the gun, grip and muzzle.

Maybe we're not on the same page about method...
    to be clear, what I'm wondering is why instead of holding a handgun under the frame or balancing it under the frame like this (keeping the muzzle from covering something/anything) to look it over:

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

why people push the muzzle right in their palm like this;

IMG_2712.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Maybe we're not on the same page about method...
    to be clear, what I'm wondering is why instead of holding a handgun under the frame or balancing it under the frame like this (keeping the muzzle from covering something/anything) to look it over:

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

why people push the muzzle right in their palm like this;

IMG_2712.jpg

after i have checked that the weapon is clear i push on 1911's like that to checked barrel lockup and bushing tightness....

Top Bottom