• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess, it's up to me to ask this question. So, as it currently seems, this deal isn't going to have any federal involvement (hence the state inducements comment). Assuming this is true, someone needs to ask why this wasn't done before by VP-elect/Gov Pence? What's changed, at the state level, that wasn't there before, to allow this to happen? It's a fair question to be asked, is it not?

Because the Art(ist) of the Deal wasn't on the scene?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe wait a day or two before you quit taking yes for an answer? :dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this move goes well for some of our favorite INGO employees of Carrier!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ha, I'll take it. I'll be interested to see this deal. And regardless Trump does get my approval for getting those jobs to stay....well assuming there isn't something outlandish in the agreement.

The devil's always in the details. Right now, I'm happy for the folks that get to keep their jobs. Hopefully, there's no one-shot cronyism involved and it's as the quote from the article I posted and it will benefit everyone.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    President elect getting things done before he is even sworn in. I don't recall other President-elects doing this much before they take the oath. Maybe I'm wrong.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    President elect getting things done before he is even sworn in. I don't recall other President-elects doing this much before they take the oath. Maybe I'm wrong.

It took Obama until January 8th to meet with his first foreign leader. Trump met with 27 foreign officials in first 10 days

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I saw my Congressman, Andre Carson, on the news last night. He said the entire Indiana delegation had worked tirelessly to get this agreement. He didn't actually claim credit but I think he is in line to get his participation trophy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I saw my Congressman, Andre Carson, on the news last night. He said the entire Indiana delegation had worked tirelessly to get this agreement. He didn't actually claim credit but I think he is in line to get his participation trophy.

Whoa! Duck and cover dude, duck and cover!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He was trying to allude to his participation (:lmfao:) being the set up for Trump to succeed.
    Carson and his bunch were trying to buy the jobs back.
    From my understanding he held 6 billion in Gov. contracts over the parent company's head.
    Seemed to work.

He is not even put his things in the big boy desk yet and he is at work. Makes the last 6 or so POTUS look kind of bad.

Top Bottom