• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A few interesting anecdotes:

1) I have had more luck with recently immigrated workers. I have no idea of their legal status. While the language barrier was a bit hard to navigate, they worked harder, faster, and cheaper than their "American" counterparts. The last group of "American" laborers we hired were a disaster. To the point that one was told to go home, and another walked off the job after getting into a cursing match with their boss. Unbelievable.

2) Many Americans have been fooled into thinking that hard work isn't worthwhile. They want all the benefits of good pay, without the sweat equity. Look at all the messaging from Mike Rowe. There are hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs that go unfilled each year, because folks simply don't want to put in the effort for the money.

Welcome to the welfare society where people have been conditioned to be lazy. One generation gets lazy then their kids turn lazy too. There are always exceptions to the rule. Just like all illegals aren't murdurers but they are all criminals.

one Americans have to work to eat again then they will shape up or die off. And I'm fine with that. There is no place for people who are capable but do not work. Starve

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    man for probably once I fully agree with this guy!
    Thats why we need to get rid of illegals. This isn't a race thing. I don't care what race or nationality they are, they need to go home.
    Also HEAVILY fine all businesses that employ illegals. Start showing up to job sites with green cards! If you can issue a permit then you can get off your ass and show up to make sure people are legal to work on a job site or a restaurant or a factory ect.
    pwople have gotten dependent on govt aid because the govt told them they needed it or it was so easy to get then they get hooked when they shouldn't be on it. Same thing with businesses who employ illegals! They're hooked and now they think they need them. Well if you can't afford to do business by the law and employ legal workers then you shouldn't be in business or if you stay in business then you should be fined so much that it makes it more affordable to hire American workers.

Fine? No, arrest the business owners. A "fine," is can be easily offset.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    #2 is true. But getting someone with no record and a clean license has become a serious hurdle. Passing the Pee-Pee exam as well.
    What is more important to them, feeding their family or smoking a joint or doing other drugs? I'm ok with the slackers dying off.
    Id love to stop taking the legal medications I take and eat a marijuana brownie. I'd live longer because these pills kill you. But I don't because it's against the law and I don't wanna lose my kids or my gun rights.
    Prioroties come first. And that's what people will have to choose is what is their own priority.
    Also I know of many union jobs that druggies and losers and poor workers occupy but the union protects them and gets them rehired or ties that job up till they are really gone. Or they get sent to rehab. This is BS! Take this kinda **** out of union contracts and if they wanna strike over it let them strike. Stop rewarding bad behavior.

as parents if your kid throws a fit in a store, do you spank them or buy them candy to shut up?
    the American business and govt for the most part is buying the workers candy and rewarding bad behavior.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have a friend that runs a welding business in southern Indiana.

He has a hell of a time finding workers who can 1. pass a drug test and 2. reliably show up for work, despite starting pay for novice welders (ie. no experience, they'll train you how to do it) north of $15/hr with benefits and rising with gained experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He has a hell of a time finding workers who can 1. pass a drug test and 2. reliably show up for work, despite starting pay for novice welders (ie. no experience, they'll train you how to do it) north of $15/hr with benefits and rising with gained experience.

The HVAC trades have the same issues.
    So many young people stay up all night drinking smoking and playing games on line. Come time for work and they do not make it out the door.
    Where does the blame fall here.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It's obvious that some employers want a docile work force who they don't have to collect social security and payroll taxes on. They don't have to provide health insurance or provide any other benefits. Some unscrupulous employers of illegals deduct these monies and put it in their pockets. It takes hard work for an employer to manage workers and provide incentives. IMHO the ones who complain about American workers either don't know how to manage or are too lazy. There are some valid points that drug use and incentives not to work that have been put into place over the years have made working not as attractive as getting a hand-out in many instances. Hiring illegals results in untold millions of dollars being sent out of the country each year, instead of being used in the U.S. and thus fuel the economy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    i think he's an idiot.
    800 or even 500 is better than nothing and that's what they would have got without Trump/
    Pence.
    this guy need to shut his mouth and I'd be voting in a new union rep!

If this guy was on fire, and a Republican put the fire out, he'd relight the fire.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A few interesting anecdotes:

1) I have had more luck with recently immigrated workers. I have no idea of their legal status. While the language barrier was a bit hard to navigate, they worked harder, faster, and cheaper than their "American" counterparts. The last group of "American" laborers we hired were a disaster. To the point that one was told to go home, and another walked off the job after getting into a cursing match with their boss. Unbelievable.

2) Many Americans have been fooled into thinking that hard work isn't worthwhile. They want all the benefits of good pay, without the sweat equity. Look at all the messaging from Mike Rowe. There are hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs that go unfilled each year, because folks simply don't want to put in the effort for the money.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/320001-no-jobs-mike-rowes-lament.html

Forbes Welcome

Why We Desperately Need To Bring Back Vocational Training In Schools

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Maybe if some of those people went hungry, and people would stop giving them stuff, they might find out they need to work.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Maybe if some of those people went hungry, and people would stop giving them stuff, they might find out they need to work.
    Exactly! The forced welfare state or the redistribution of wealth states do not work! Have charity, have fundraisers. But end this BS of just giving tax payer money away to anyone and everyone.
    There was a time that people relied on themselves and family. There was a time where you didn't have more kids than you could feed or if you did, the natural order of the world corrected your mistake. It's sad but not all people are meant to prosper. But sometimes just existing and striving to do your best at what you do and loving each other is not just enough but great. I'd rather exist than not exist.
    if we allow this nation to fail then look to your left and look to your right and those people will most likely die a slow and painful death.

Top Bottom