• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This has been all over the news lately, I don't remember this much fuss when other big businesses folded up or left. What's so special about Carrier compared to places like Western Electric, Chrysler foundry, RCA or Schweitzer?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    This has been all over the news lately, I don't remember this much fuss when other big businesses folded up or left. What's so special about Carrier compared to places like Western Electric, Chrysler foundry, RCA or Schweitzer?

I think it's big because it's happening now and there are so few places like it left so it's more noticeable

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Modern day Internet social media.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Kind of like Indiana's RFRA thing a couple of years ago--timing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump will visit IN on Thurs. to announce Carrier deal, which includes new inducements from state; deal spearheaded by Pence - sources

Inducements from the state? Why do I have a Lucas Oil rehash going through my head "spearheaded," by an outgoing governor with nothing to lose? I can't wait to see the details of this one.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The employees need to fire their union, and sue for a return of every single dime they ever paid for union dues. The United Steelworkers Union is lead by a bunch of spineless men that'd sell their mom out for a song.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The employees need to fire their union, and sue for a return of every single dime they ever paid for union dues. The United Steelworkers Union is lead by a bunch of spineless men that'd sell their mom out for a song.

They were too busy spending union dues trying to defeat Trump/Pence, Eric Holcomb, and Todd Young instead of actually helping keep their members employed.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Trump will visit IN on Thurs. to announce Carrier deal, which includes new inducements from state; deal spearheaded by Pence - sources

I saw this on another site:

The deal reportedly will keep a majority of the jobs in the state in exchange for friendlier business regulations and an overhauling of the corporate tax code.

Whatever that actually means. If it means what it says, this is not only good news for Carrier employees but all of us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess, it's up to me to ask this question. So, as it currently seems, this deal isn't going to have any federal involvement (hence the state inducements comment). Assuming this is true, someone needs to ask why this wasn't done before by VP-elect/Gov Pence? What's changed, at the state level, that wasn't there before, to allow this to happen? It's a fair question to be asked, is it not?

Top Bottom