• Status
    Not open for further replies.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    It shows a certain level of...should I say..."immaturity" to break the law & then come onto a forum like this to BRAG about it.

You know, if you made that point in the context of it relating to another thread then I could SORT OF understand but to break the law & immediately post about it is just, well, stupid.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It shows a certain level of...should I say..."immaturity" to break the law & then come onto a forum like this to BRAG about it.

You know, if you made that point in the context of it relating to another thread then I could SORT OF understand but to break the law & immediately post about it is just, well, stupid.

I agree 100%. I can't "what if" this happened but you do know what would happen if you were stopped.

I was at a school in Virginia about ten years ago, all police officers. They stressed to us the the problems and the implications of what would happen to us if we carried into the D.C. area. No body is exempt.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Don't know which is dumber. Carrying illegally in Ohio or braging about it on the Interwebz.

OP can you add a poll?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was in Cincy yesterday and I didn't break their silly laws. It resulted in no injury to me or mine and I had a good time. Had the best burger I've ever had in my life (Terry's Turf Club) and even got in some shopping at Jungle Jim's, (I'll be having boiled peanuts today). Seriously, breaking their law isn't worth the consequences to you. You would stand a good chance of losing your LTCH, as well as have to deal with possibly being thrown in jail, losing your gun and loads of money in court costs. Glad you didn't caught, but don't recommend doing it again.

http://ohioguntraining.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=1

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I travel to Chicago regularly (I'm a long-suffering Cubs fan). I always say a little curse against Illinois' firearms law as I'm "disarming" myself and my car for the trip, but I'm not willing to risk my freedom, my LTCH, my law license and my profession as a firearms instructor by breaking their laws. So I carrry a short-bladed knife that is legal in Chicago/Illinois, and I've trained to fight with it with edged-weapons experts like Jim Floyd of Dignitary Protection Group.

Is this a perfect solution? No. Would I rather be carrying? Yes. But breaking any law (particularly a firearms law) has serious repercussions, whether you agree with that law or not.

Just my $02.

Guy

Last edited:

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Not to mention that OC is legal in OH for anyone legally able to own a firearm that is over 18. All you had to do was pull up your shirt and tuck it behind your firearm, and voila

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    No, I never travel outside of the state, except when Im at work but I dont carry at work.

This was just a spur of the moment decision to drive down to Cincinnati, and I sure as hell wasnt going without my pistol.

Ive seen all kinds of people talk about how they carry in Chicago, who cares? Maybe you all are afraid of our criminal justice system, Im not, its an absolute failure and does nothing to punish criminals.

Please look up "never" in the dictionary.

There are plenty of people in prison who aren't afraid of the criminal justice system.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Ohio has the right to make their own rules regarding who and how to carry.
    Some would say not...that whole 2A thing trumping all laws and all...but that's another subject entirely. :dunno:

Bragging about breaking the law makes us all look bad. I think you should leave now before you drag us all down with you.:xmad:

Yes, thread only serves to make people look bad...not sure why this deuce was dropped here. :noway:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Me and my buddy were just cruising the back roads of Hancock County when we decided to drive out to Cincinatti for the night. We drove out there and walked around for a few hours, the whole time I had my pistol (cc).

Ran into a few shady characters and one very disturbed homeless crackhead. I was very glad I had my pistol on me.

At no point did the gun jump out of my pocket and kill anybody. Shocking, I know, but its true.

I have an Indiana LTCH but Ohio does not recognize it. I would never let some stupid law prevent me from protecting myself.

I can't help but wonder what the point with your post was. I hope you do understand that had one of those crack heads done something and ended up getting shot by you or your buddy, the court system would have eaten you alive. By your own admission you basically just drove to very violent city in Ohio, on a whim,while carrying illegally. It would have more than likely been argued to you went there looking for trouble.

I would recommend that you reconsider something like that it the future. It is just not worth it.:twocents:

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Whether you believe in law or not, if caught, you will be charged and they will throw the book at you.

Why do you have an Indiana LTCH if carry laws don't mean anything to you?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    a laws a laws a law. no matter how outdated, stupid, or unconstitutional you think it is it's still a law and as such carries consequences for breaking it.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Link? What about driving?

I'm not at my own computer so I don't have a ready link but the link really wouldn't help you anyway as I don't think the law says that it's LEGAL to OC just that it's ILLEGAL to CC without a permit.

Carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle without a permit is illegal since that is considered (by law) to be concealed. You can OC but before you enter a vehicle you have to unload & put it in an inaccessible area. As far as I can recall a loaded mag is a loaded gun, too.

Those laws apply to everyone. There is no distinction I can remember between residents & non-residents.

I'll find the links a little later & post them.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    How can they prove, he did it, he could be bull ****ting:D

I think the point is, that you should always be careful about what you post on the internet. While it seems to be anonymous, it's really not. If something would happen in the future, someone could research his history and find a pattern of disregard for the law if he had made several posts like this.

It comes down to it being really stupid to admitting to breaking the law or anything else that may come back to bite you on the internet. The internet/facebook/twitter is a divorce atty/prosecutor/private investigators best friend and it's only because people think they need to post their entire lives online.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom