• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Okay, I'll buy that explanation. it seemed a littel deeper than that, but I won't quibble.

But that doesn't answer the question why the OP obtained a Indiana LTCH if he wasn't concerned with laws he didn't think were legal.

No, I don't think civil disobedience was on the OPs mind when he chose to carry in Ohio, at least no more than the speeder is engaging in it by driving fast to get from point A to point B.

civil disobedience

[SIZE=-1]NOUN:[/SIZE]

Refusal to obey civil laws in an effort to induce change in governmental policy or legislation, characterized by the use of passive resistance or other nonviolent means.

Yes, it is a little deeper than that, I was just simplifying.

I am assuming he obtained the Indiana one out of convenience. It is probably the least restrictive and easiest gun license/permit that one can obtain, other than Alaska I think (no permit/license necessary from what I hear).

Right, I concur that he was "disobedient" but I do not believe that he did so "in an effort to induce change in governmental policy or legislation" and as such his actions do not meet the accepted definition of the term "civil disobedience".

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I think we are helping the OP by saying that it's always possible that something happens even if the chances are slim.
    If he cant understand that, next thing we know he will post other things, possibly much worth crimes.
    Like he managed to escape the police after speeding, here in INDIANA, he will brag about it here on INGO, and next thing you know Officer Ingo Member finds his thread here, talks to the judge, finds his address and arrest him.
    All that because he thought it was ok to post about breaking the law, one time in Ohio.

Um, I am not quite certain about that.

His statements here are not "sworn" statements and he can always recant them saying he was "joking". Without any sort of corroborating evidence like maybe another witness statement or his actually making a confession in person, I highly doubt it would be enough to convict, especially for misdemeanors or possible traffic offenses.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I would not say the OP was engaged in "civil disobedience" of a public nature in that he was carrying concealed. I would say he was if he was open carrying in direct contradiction to the Ohio "law". Though he WAS being "disobedient" of a law which is obviously in contradiction to our 2nd Amendment, is this not civil disobedience? I don't know, what is the accepted term for "civil disobedience? I will look it up later but am in the middle of a photo shoot (waiting for the makeup artist to finish "painting" my client lol).

Point of clarification...OH is an OC state, no license required, unless you're in your car. If the OP was walking around OCing instead of CCing, he'd be perfectly legal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Please note that it's come to our attention that the OP was a returning banned member. We do not believe he created this thread for any other purpose than to troll. While it's certainly made for vigorous discussion, none of his statements should be accepted as fact.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Point of clarification...OH is an OC state, no license required, unless you're in your car. If the OP was walking around OCing instead of CCing, he'd be perfectly legal.

Now I didn't know that. Good info. Question, so if in a car you have to have it in the traditional interstate carry condition (usually locked in the trunk with the ammo in a separate container?

In KY, before the ccw license was instituted (and not sure if it is still this way) you could open carry as well only KY allowed you to also put the pistol in the glove compartment.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    No surprise there. I suspected it was someone trolling for trouble. That's why I bailed on this thread days ago.

I have enough real issues in my life, I'm not going to waste time on someone's made up crap.

Thanks for the heads up Scutter

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He's already created a dozen or so accounts. I don't understand the mentality of someone who's asked to leave but then spend the next three months coming back under many different account names just to troll. They seriously have NOTHING better to do? It makes them look mentally deficient and childish and it makes ALL gun owners look bad. All it does it prove that the original decision to ban was absolutely 100% correct.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Too bad there is no way to plant a "poison cookie" on a banned members computer.

You log into a website you have been banned from and the "Trunk Monkey" jumps out of your monitor and beats the crap out of you!

:D:D:D

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Now I didn't know that. Good info. Question, so if in a car you have to have it in the traditional interstate carry condition (usually locked in the trunk with the ammo in a separate container?

In KY, before the ccw license was instituted (and not sure if it is still this way) you could open carry as well only KY allowed you to also put the pistol in the glove compartment.

Yes. You must have it in your trunk, empty. You can re-arm when you exit your vehicle.

Check out the OH Handgunlaw.us page or the OH OpenCarry.org page for more info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom