• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale
    I’ve withheld chiming in on this thread being unsure how I felt about the discussion. I think I’ve pretty much made up my mind, but I do have a few questions I’d like to ask. First, if the Ohio license requirement is unconstitutional why isn’t it on Indiana? I don’t think I’ve seen that brought up, but in forty some odd pages I could have easily missed something. Secondly, if the OP really doesn’t care about the legality of a license requirement, why did he bother getting an Indiana license? Next, if the OP really doesn’t care what others think why is he putting up such a strident defense of his position? And a last comment and question if I may. Some have posited that the OP may have been engaging in a bit of civil disobedience. I don’t buy that. The OP didn’t mention the constitutionality of the Ohio law till several pages into the discussion after it had been brought up by others. Which leads me to my last question. If the OP was actually engaging in civil disobedience, then why go to Ohio to perform the act? Why not take on the law in his home state? My questions are not an attempt to flame the OP, but are serious questions (at least to me) concerning the OPs thoughts and actions.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I’ve withheld chiming in on this thread being unsure how I felt about the discussion. I think I’ve pretty much made up my mind, but I do have a few questions I’d like to ask. First, if the Ohio license requirement is unconstitutional why isn’t it on Indiana? I don’t think I’ve seen that brought up, but in forty some odd pages I could have easily missed something. Secondly, if the OP really doesn’t care about the legality of a license requirement, why did he bother getting an Indiana license? Next, if the OP really doesn’t care what others think why is he putting up such a strident defense of his position? And a last comment and question if I may. Some have posited that the OP may have been engaging in a bit of civil disobedience. I don’t buy that. The OP didn’t mention the constitutionality of the Ohio law till several pages into the discussion after it had been brought up by others. Which leads me to my last question. If the OP was actually engaging in civil disobedience, then why go to Ohio to perform the act? Why not take on the law in his home state? My questions are not an attempt to flame the OP, but are serious questions (at least to me) concerning the OPs thoughts and actions.

Good questions. :yesway:
    From what I seen it just looks to be all about bragging about having done something illegal and stupid (stupid part being posting online the illegal thing he did), and then in later posts, when people criticized the OP's maturity for doing so he turned the whole thing into a civil disobedience act.
    Which makes no sense like you said since the OP said he has a LTCH for the state of Indiana. :dunno:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, T. Lex was actually the prosecutor who was prosecuting Liberty Sanders. TL was able to do some internet digging to find out who LS was in real life. He then printed off the transcript of the comments he made on INGO about his case and brought them up in court. My point was simply that anything you say on INGO can be discovered by the courts, as it appears you already know. So all the people telling the OP not to be implicating himself in crimes via INGO were correct. I just doubt anyone in Ohio is going to go through that much trouble given the nature of the situation. Still not a very wise move. :twocents:

That was my PSA for the day. For anyone who didn't know about the T.Lex/Liberty Sanders situation, now you do.
    can we hear more on this story?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    can we hear more on this story?

It was all right here on INGO, I'll see about looking for links.

EDIT: Here you go:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/114140-bad_experience_with_carmel_pd.html

Let me start by saying this is a VERY long thread. It is VERY informative though and I guarantee you will come away with a new perspective and understanding of what to expect. If you're looking for cliff notes as to the parts where T.Lex and Liberty Sanders discuss how the thread from INGO was found and used in court, I'll refer you to post numbers 598, 657, 666, and 765. If you have the time, it's well worth the time to read the whole thing.

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Oh I hate to admit that I've broken VIRGINIA law, about 26 years ago I had sex in an empty field while I was in the NAVY, Hope the state doesn't force my state to turn me over, I was just a horny young dumb kid, & now it's on the internet:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    OMG You still dont get it, how can you still be posting things like that?!

1) Stop posting that you did illegal things or that you are willing to do illegal things on a PUBLIC forum or on any forum for that matter.

Would you send a letter to a judge telling what you did?
    Would you call the police and tell them you broke the law?

If you answer "no" to both those questions then do not post stupid things like that on the internet where everybody on the planet can see it.
    If you answer "yes" then ... :n00b: wow.

...and, FWIW, there are LEO's who read and post on INGO, I would imagine that there are judges and lawyers as well. So, in effect, you are telling them, whether you're aware of it or not. ...just sayin'.

So, maybe nothing will happen with all this and your INGO past doesn't follow you.

Then again, maybe some "young punk" gets arrested in Ohio carrying illegally and claims he was using his weapon for "self defense." He gets locked up in a Cinci jail and, for one reason or another, they need some home town info about this guy. The prosecutor remembers having a conversation with a buddy of his in Indy about this AwfulWaffle guy on INGO telling everyone about his shenanigans one night in Cinci (BTW, people talk ...you do know that, don't you? ...and they don't usually talk about others who blend in with the crowd, they talk about abnormal things ...like people who like to brag about the laws they break ...just sayin'.) ...and it sounds too much like what he's got in his file in front of him to make it sound like chance (BTW, the biggest predictor of future behavior is past behavior ...just tuck that in a brain cell in the back of your head for future reference). So, this Cinci prosecutor guy does a little digging (Google is funny that way ...it knows a lot of stuff on most everyone) and the pieces of the puzzle are dropping into place like that cheap paint-by-numbers set you got for Christmas when you were eight years old ...dang, I watch too much Walker Texas Ranger.

Then again, you could just order a pizza and forget about the whole thing. You have that knack for staying out of trouble ....I can tell. :rolleyes:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I don't believe the state of OHIO is going to spend all it's law man power trying to convict a AWFUL WAFFLE from indy cause he went to cincy with a gun. {there are no witness or proof} other than a young man claiming he did it:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't believe the state of OHIO is going to spend all it's law man power trying to convict a AWFUL WAFFLE from indy cause he went to cincy with a gun. {there are no witness or proof} other than a young man claiming he did it:dunno::dunno::dunno:

I agree the chances are slim but they are there.
    What if he keeps breaking the law again (because it looks like he doesnt understand how stupid it is to post those things online) and bragging about it on the internet?
    This thread would be just one of the little things to add to the case.
    No matter how probable it is that the OP get in trouble with the justice for what he did it's never good to have this kind of things online.And that stay forever.
    Better stop now than writting your own criminal record where everybody can see it.

Idk, just common sense ... to me anyway. :dunno:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I agree the chances are slim but they are there.
    What if he keeps breaking the law again (because it looks like he doesnt understand how stupid it is to post those things online) and bragging about it on the internet?
    This thread would be just one of the little things to add to the case.
    No matter how probable it is that the OP get in trouble with the justice for what he did it's never good to have this kind of things online.And that stay forever.
    Better stop now than writting your own criminal record where everybody can see it.

Idk, just common sense ... to me anyway. :dunno:

With all the killing, rapeing, & stealing going on, the state will have major RIOTS from the people if they try to convict someone for saying he broke the law in OHIO:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    With all the killing, rapeing, & stealing going on, the state will have major RIOTS from the people if they try to convict someone for saying he broke the law in OHIO:D

I think we are helping the OP by saying that it's always possible that something happens even if the chances are slim.
    If he cant understand that, next thing we know he will post other things, possibly much worth crimes.
    Like he managed to escape the police after speeding, here in INDIANA, he will brag about it here on INGO, and next thing you know Officer Ingo Member finds his thread here, talks to the judge, finds his address and arrest him.
    All that because he thought it was ok to post about breaking the law, one time in Ohio.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I'll just get my FL out of state permit and be done with it. My mom lives there so having my Indiana LTCH and FL out of state permit covers my bases. OP, what you did was illegal, I understand why you would carry in Cincy but is it really worth it for a felony charge if caught?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Actually I think any licensing or permit requirements are against both the wording and spirit of the 2nd Amendment. The reason the Indiana requirements were not talked about was that we were talking about his carrying in Ohio and then we were debating on if a law which is passed which is blatantly in contradiction to our constituionally protected rights, then is that law, legal, and who decides this, and just because they do, are they right. More or less anyway.

In my opinion this also covers the Indiana requirements (as I mentioned above) we just never directly named "Indiana" or even other states (for reasons mentioned above as well).

I would not say the OP was engaged in "civil disobedience" of a public nature in that he was carrying concealed. I would say he was if he was open carrying in direct contradiction to the Ohio "law". Though he WAS being "disobedient" of a law which is obviously in contradiction to our 2nd Amendment, is this not civil disobedience? I don't know, what is the accepted term for "civil disobedience? I will look it up later but am in the middle of a photo shoot (waiting for the makeup artist to finish "painting" my client lol).

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Yes, T. Lex was actually the prosecutor who was prosecuting Liberty Sanders. TL was able to do some internet digging to find out who LS was in real life. He then printed off the transcript of the comments he made on INGO about his case and brought them up in court. ...

Now that you mention that, ole' T.Lex has probably played out about enough rope around here I bet if a guy wanted to dig he could just about get the other end of the rope around T's neck now and hook it up to his employer's car bumper.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I don't believe the state of OHIO is going to spend all it's law man power trying to convict a AWFUL WAFFLE from indy cause he went to cincy with a gun. {there are no witness or proof} other than a young man claiming he did it.

Ooops ...that little factoid fell out, might want to tuck it back in again ...biggest predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Certainly people can change, but they have to want to change. Impulsive, irrational behaviors will breed (hmm, interesting word) other impulsive irrational behaviors unless, again, people want to change. Awful Waffle seems like he's blissfully happy the way he is. I think it's safe to say that AW will be breaking the law again ...uhm ...because he's said it here in this thread multiple times. Like buying multiple lottery tickets, this planned behavior (remember future behavior based on past behavior) only helps increase the odds that something will happen. Granted, I will predict that AW will "successfully" make poor choices again. I will also predict that his poor choices will have consequences that he finds ...let's just say, unpleasant and/or undesirable.

You're right, for one person to make an entire state stop in their tracks and prey on such an unsuspecting innocent soul minding their own business ...well, that would certainly be a farce (just don't throw your newspaper in the trash!). FWIW, in my little "dead-body & smoking gun truth-is-stranger-than-fiction" scenario, only two characters were actually mentioned ...the criminal and prosecutor. The prosecutor was involved, because a crime was committed ...and that's kinda why they spring into action. So, I'm not sure how big the state of Ohio is, but I bet there are more than two people ...but you're right, it is a pretty far-fetched story. :rolleyes:

OTOH, one person can make it incredibly easy to give a LEO with a bad-day attitude a really good reason to teach them about law ...and why carrying a handgun into Ohio without a license is just a bad idea, whether planned or impulsively. Then again, maybe nothing will happen ...care to play the lottery??? :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale
    Actually I think any licensing or permit requirements are against both the wording and spirit of the 2nd Amendment. The reason the Indiana requirements were not talked about was that we were talking about his carrying in Ohio and then we were debating on if a law which is passed which is blatantly in contradiction to our constituionally protected rights, then is that law, legal, and who decides this, and just because they do, are they right. More or less anyway.
    Okay, I'll buy that explanation. it seemed a littel deeper than that, but I won't quibble.

In my opinion this also covers the Indiana requirements (as I mentioned above) we just never directly named "Indiana" or even other states (for reasons mentioned above as well).
    But that doesn't answer the question why the OP obtained a Indiana LTCH if he wasn't concerned with laws he didn't think were legal.

I would not say the OP was engaged in "civil disobedience" of a public nature in that he was carrying concealed. I would say he was if he was open carrying in direct contradiction to the Ohio "law". Though he WAS being "disobedient" of a law which is obviously in contradiction to our 2nd Amendment, is this not civil disobedience? I don't know, what is the accepted term for "civil disobedience? I will look it up later but am in the middle of a photo shoot (waiting for the makeup artist to finish "painting" my client lol).
    No, I don't think civil disobedience was on the OPs mind when he chose to carry in Ohio, at least no more than the speeder is engaging in it by driving fast to get from point A to point B.

civil disobedience

[SIZE=-1]NOUN:[/SIZE]

Refusal to obey civil laws in an effort to induce change in governmental policy or legislation, characterized by the use of passive resistance or other nonviolent means.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom