• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    He is not making other gun owners look bad!
    He is responsible for his own actions and words!
    In the eyes of a person that doesn't view firearms as "evil", yes...he doesn't make the rest of us look bad.

In the eyes of people that do view firearms as "evil", violent and unnecessary...we are all judged by the actions of every person that commits an illegal act with a firearm.

The OP can do whatever he wishes. He'll be the one suffering the direct consequences (although...indirectly we all will). I just don't want to be lumped in with him when he gets busted.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    2) Stop making all of us gun owners look bad.

QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you but, yes, he is making us look bad. Being a gun owner is about the only lifestyle in which a good portion of the public accept stereotypes about you. If I were to make a stereotypical statement based on race, religion, or sexual orientation I would be ostracized as someone with no political correctness and set aside as an insensitive jerk. However, gun owners are typically labeled as ignorant, violent, and more than willing to satisfy personal wants and needs regardless of the law. It seems to be ok to hold those views against us as true, even if it only is due to a few bad apples. Yes he is responsible for his own words and actions but every time he proves a stereotype right it only strengthens their views on us. It sucks but it is true.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Sure he is responsible for his own actions and words but those actions and words can be used against every gun owners, especially when they are posted on a public gun forum.THAT is the problem that some of you (including the OP) dont understand.

That is always like that with the media.If they find someone that is proud to break the law they will make it look like every gun owner is ready to be the same.That makes every law abiding gun owner look bad.

When was the last time you saw something in the media about a criminal shooting people in a mall and the media said "he was responsible for his own actions, he has nothing to do with other gun owners"?
    Never!
    It's always "you see what he did, all guns are bad and we should take them away from other gun owners".

The OP can do stupid and illegal things, that's his problem BUT when he brags about his actions on a public gun forum THEN it becomes everybody's problem because it becomes PUBLIC.

Do you think that the media and non-gun people who will see this post, after a simple Google search, will think that the OP is like every other gun owner or do you think they will understand that not all gun owners break the law like the OP?

Simple as that.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With the justice system in this country Id be out of jail in a few days at most, if at all. And then Id be carrying again, legally or illegally.

I know this won't make a difference because it seems you just want an argument but here goes.

There are people in Federal Prison with 480 month (40 years) sentence for FIRST time drug offense and thats without having a firearm involved. So keep thinking that. The fact that you have a firearm with you will automatically enhance any sentence imposed. Also a little bit about the "court system". When you are convicted and before the Judge hands down a sentence the court does a "Pre Sentence Investigation" or PSI. A PSI will have EVERYTHING about you in it. That is one of the things the court considers to A sentence you and B where. And as far as a trial, many of the prosecutors office has their own investigators and everything you just spoke of (typed) here will get argued on being entered into evidence at your trial. So if you keep your warped viewpoint on how it's ok for YOU to BREAK THE LAW I wouldn't keep typing about it.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I hate to break it to you but, yes, he is making us look bad. Being a gun owner is about the only lifestyle in which a good portion of the public accept stereotypes about you.
    Not true .There are plenty of life choices and professions and jobs that
    the public accepts sterotypes of.

If I were to make a stereotypical statement based on race, religion, or sexual orientation I would be ostracized as someone with no political correctness and set aside as an insensitive jerk.
    There are plenty of places where those comments would be acceptable.

However, gun owners are typically labeled as ignorant, violent, and more than willing to satisfy personal wants and needs regardless of the law. It seems to be ok to hold those views against us as true, even if it only is due to a few bad apples. Yes he is responsible for his own words and actions but every time he proves a stereotype right it only strengthens their views on us. It sucks but it is true.

It is only true for the ignorant. I will not be part of promoting the ignorants beliefs of others or of my self. The response should always be you are resposible ofr your actions and words. Giving any ground to their ignorance is promoting it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I know this won't make a difference because it seems you just want an argument but here goes.

There are people in Federal Prison with 480 month (40 years) sentence for FIRST time drug offense and thats without having a firearm involved. So keep thinking that. The fact that you have a firearm with you will automatically enhance any sentence imposed. Also a little bit about the "court system". When you are convicted and before the Judge hands down a sentence the court does a "Pre Sentence Investigation" or PSI. A PSI will have EVERYTHING about you in it. That is one of the things the court considers to A sentence you and B where. And as far as a trial, many of the prosecutors office has their own investigators and everything you just spoke of (typed) here will get argued on being entered into evidence at your trial. So if you keep your warped viewpoint on how it's ok for YOU to BREAK THE LAW I wouldn't keep typing about it.

This has been explained many times to the OP and he still doesnt get it.
    I really wonder if he truelly doesnt understand or if he's just a troll looking for a fight.
    He could not be gun owner as far as we know, he could make things up just to make us look bad.
    If he's a troll, and if he keeps typing without thinking and getting even more negative rep, I hope the mods will take care of him because we sure dont need any trolls or anti-gun people (and yes by fuelling anti-gun people the OP is one of them) here.

:twocents:

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    It is only true for the ignorant. I will not be part of promoting the ignorants beliefs of others or of my self. The response should always be you are resposible ofr your actions and words. Giving any ground to their ignorance is promoting it.

The key is that you said it *should always be* too bad that is not the way the world works.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The OP can do stupid and illegal things, that's his problem BUT when he brags about his actions on a public gun forum THEN it becomes everybody's problem because it becomes PUBLIC.

Do you think that the media and non-gun people who will see this post, after a simple Google search, will think that the OP is like every other gun owner or do you think they will understand that not all gun owners break the law like the OP?

Simple as that.

Guess you missed my paradoy thread.

I am a gunowner and I broke the law by not wearing a seat belt and now I have made every gun owner in the world look bad. :rolleyes:

ANYONE that would use one posters comments from any internet forum to castigate a host of persons is a MORON and should be called out every time!

Simple as that!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Guess you missed my paradoy thread.

I am a gunowner and I broke the law by not wearing a seat belt and now I have made every gun owner in the world look bad. :rolleyes:

ANYONE that would use one posters comments from any internet forum to castigate a host of persons is a MORON and should be called out every time!

Simple as that!

I agree with that, the problem is that lots of morons do that everyday.
    Just watch the news.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The bottom line and the moral of the story is for the OP to do what you gotta do and don't talk about it and any law that is broken (whatever it may be) or infraction that is incurred as a result of it. Just be prepared to deal with the consequences and move on. :twocents: Good luck in your future endeavors. btw..Do you visit Illinois much?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    With the justice system in this country Id be out of jail in a few days at most, if at all. And then Id be carrying again, legally or illegally.

Sadly that only seems to happen with the rich, well connected, or ACTUAL drug dealers, murderers, thieves, and rapists. You know, real criminals.

Guys jailed for minor infractions, even for laws that probably shouldn't be on the books, tend to stay in for the duration. Don't know what the statistics of that are, but it sure seems like it is more often then naught.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

QUOTE]

Actually he is. And keep in mind my posts defending his actual act of carrying regardless of the "law" (which I have already stated my stance is that it is an invalid "law").

Now, the only reason I do not harp on the OP about it is that I believe (and quite practically I think) that it doesn't really matter. We are headed where we are headed with the restrictions of various "inalienable rights" that were supposed to be protected by the Constitution. There is no stopping it.

BUT on this point I have to agree. It does make other gun owners "look bad".

A good example is how one or two "bad" police officers will make an entire department look like crap and a few "bad" cops in departments across the nation give the entire profession a "black eye".

Of course it is my opinion is that if you allow your fellow officer to break the law or abuse his authority then you are just as bad (action through inaction - all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing).

Of course while, similar (in that one bad apple spoils the bunch - I do not hold what the OP did in the same light as an officer gone "rogue" - it would be more similar if the OP went bananas and started shooting up things yelling "I am the law") these two scenarios are a bit different.

However in that spirit I can see how many gun owners feel it is their duty to "counsel" the OP on his actions, at the very least in his broadcasting of his actions to the public.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    A PSI will have EVERYTHING about you in it. That is one of the things the court considers to A sentence you and B where. And as far as a trial, many of the prosecutors office has their own investigators and everything you just spoke of (typed) here will get argued on being entered into evidence at your trial. So if you keep your warped viewpoint on how it's ok for YOU to BREAK THE LAW I wouldn't keep typing about it.

Is the OP going to submit the name "Awful Waffle" to the court? Or are they going to seize his computers because he carried a firearm to defend himself with an Indiana license to carry a firearm? Or does the impervious American justice system simply already know all, and already has his INGO user name linked up to his real name and address?

I'm honestly curious as to how to court gets a case where a guy "didn't know he couldn't carry in OH with his IN LTCH" and they somehow end up uncovering his INGO account with all of the statements he has made on INGO. What is to prove he actually posted the posts on his user name? It just doesn't seem that likely that his INGO account would be uncovered by the courts, let alone prove he is "Awful Waffle" and that he, himself actually typed what was typed by "Awful Waffle". They couldn't even prove Casey Anthony searched "How to break a neck" and she was on trial for MURDER, not for "ignorantly" carrying a gun from IN to OH with a valid Indiana LTCH, which he may or may not ;) know was illegal in the first place, not that ignorance is ever an exception for a "crime". But come on, you really think a court is going to do anything other than revoke his LTCH and fine him for carrying into OH without an Ohio license?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Is the OP going to submit the name "Awful Waffle" to the court? Or are they going to seize his computers because he carried a firearm to defend himself with an Indiana license to carry a firearm? Or does the impervious American justice system simply already know all, and already has his INGO user name linked up to his real name and address?

I'm honestly curious as to how to court gets a case where a guy "didn't know he couldn't carry in OH with his IN LTCH" and they somehow end up uncovering his INGO account with all of the statements he has made on INGO. What is to prove he actually posted the posts on his user name? It just doesn't seem that likely that his INGO account would be uncovered by the courts, let alone prove he is "Awful Waffle" and that he, himself actually typed what was typed by "Awful Waffle". They couldn't even prove Casey Anthony searched "How to break a neck" and she was on trial for MURDER, not for "ignorantly" carrying a gun from IN to OH with a valid Indiana LTCH, which he may or may not ;) know was illegal in the first place, not that ignorance is ever an exception for a "crime". But come on, you really think a court is going to do anything other than revoke his LTCH and fine him for carrying into OH without an Ohio license?

Way too much trouble for a simple thing like a guy illegally carrying a gun across state lines. As far as the courts finding out who is who on INGO, ask Liberty Sanders or T. Lex.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

How do we know his real name is'nt Awful Waffle ofspring of Mr. And Mrs. Waffle with a brother named Belgium and a cousin named Crepe Suzette?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Way too much trouble for a simple thing like a guy illegally carrying a gun across state lines. As far as the courts finding out who is who on INGO, ask Liberty Sanders or T. Lex.

That's what I was thinking as well. I just can't see anyone going through that much trouble. Weren't Liberty Sanders and T. Lex found out because they posted what happened to them on INGO? If that is the case, then I think it only strengthens INGOs best argument against the OP.

Don't tell anyone you broke the law, especially don't tell INGO in great detail, because then someone probably will match you up with a user name...if it has anything to do with shots being fired, that is.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick". Or in this case, carry a smaller stick with a high capacity magazine filled with hollow points, hidden under a shirt...outside of IN. :patriot:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That's what I was thinking as well. I just can't see anyone going through that much trouble. Weren't Liberty Sanders and T. Lex found out because they posted what happened to them on INGO? If that is the case, then I think it only strengthens INGOs best argument against the OP.

Don't tell anyone you broke the law, especially don't tell INGO in great detail, because then someone probably will match you up with a user name...if it has anything to do with shots being fired, that is.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick". Or in this case, carry a smaller stick with a high capacity magazine filled with hollow points, hidden under a shirt...outside of IN. :patriot:

Yes, T. Lex was actually the prosecutor who was prosecuting Liberty Sanders. TL was able to do some internet digging to find out who LS was in real life. He then printed off the transcript of the comments he made on INGO about his case and brought them up in court. My point was simply that anything you say on INGO can be discovered by the courts, as it appears you already know. So all the people telling the OP not to be implicating himself in crimes via INGO were correct. I just doubt anyone in Ohio is going to go through that much trouble given the nature of the situation. Still not a very wise move. :twocents:

That was my PSA for the day. For anyone who didn't know about the T.Lex/Liberty Sanders situation, now you do.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

An arrest for something we might feel minor might by itself not be a big deal however, It's the prosecutors discretion on how much to dig. If the prosecutor digs up the fact the OP knew it was wrong then the thing could be upgraded to a conspiracy charge. Conspiracy just dosent have to be with a drug charge. I see it all the time with the FED's. It's the procecutors discretion if it goes to trial and most procecutors would not let someone actring like or coming across like a horses #%$ defer or plea bargin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom