Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah 3-4 to us one. Just like bid bad gangs, who are scared to be different. Scared to face someone one on one.

Scared? Hardly... of what exactly?

I've owned several brands of handguns, and ended up back with a Glock.

You think the officers themselves choose Glock? It comes down the lowest bidder.

I guess DUH is the only word that comes to mind, tell us something we don't know.

Just like the Military, do some research before you look stupid. No it's what they are issued.

Another "captain obvious" statement and an insult thrown in :yesway:

I have talked to several officers, that said they would choose another.

Yup and then again many also chose to compete with them in matches too. Why would they do that? Oh, must be getting paid for it... :rolleyes:

The military uses the M9, not the Glock. So is the M9 better then the Glock, or is the best handgun?

There is no such thing as "the best handgun".... back to the point, the M9 was basically chosen because they were tipped off about what SACO's bid was for the SigSauers and lowered their price to a dollar less per unit. Glock o

Also competitors are going to go with who pays them the best.

Really? I'm sure Rob Leatham got paid LOTS of money to promote the new XDm line, but chooses to compete with an XD Tactical in Production.

The new Sig USPSA gun is sweet, but I'm not paying $1200+ for one.

The vast majority of Swat teams use 1911's. So does that make the 1911 better then Glock? Or does it make it the best hand gun?

I can't prove your statement around the SWAT teams, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say a Glock is better than a 1911. I'll own a nice Wilson or Les Bear someday, but I prefer a lightweight .40 pistol for carry.

Do you get American Rfileman? One of this years issues, I would have to look it up. Did you see all the awards Springfield, and the Xd got. How much love did the Glock get? What was that zero? Ok before you say, it's because Sringfield paid out huge ammounts of money. Which they may have, no way to prove it.

Yup, saw the exact same thing back in 2007 when the M&P series came out.

Also you say all these things have been pointed out, but you still have proven nothing. Why because your opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone has them, and you are the type that gets butt hurt, if someone does not agree with it.

Agreed, which is why I don't go in to other threads and hate on people or handguns.

I can go to my local shops and the Glocks, Xd's, and M&P's are in the same price range.

O'RLY? Is that why when I went to spec out a new M&P .40 the price tag said $580 and the Glock still goes for $495? Based on Bradis/Elmore's price two weeks ago.

I've said again and again that the XDm and M&P pistols are better... but they are also more expensive.... and harder to get mags for, let alone higher prices for them.

So what do you call what you are doing, trolling? Hmmmmm practice what you preach. Now go hols hands with your other Glock fan boys. I'll be politicaly correct on the rest!

If you find insults in my responses, feel free to call me:

• a troll
    • butt hurt
    • fan boy
    • stupid
    • "hand holder"

or any other descriptive comments you think are clever.

I only respond (much to the chagrin of other Glockers who would rather just ignore you) because someone new to handguns might believe some of the garbage posted.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've said again and again that the XDm and M&P pistols are better... but they are also more expensive.... and harder to get mags for, let alone higher prices for them.

If you find insults in my responses, feel free to call me:

• a troll
    • butt hurt
    • fan boy
    • stupid
    • "hand holder"

or any other descriptive comments you think are clever.

I only respond (much to the chagrin of other Glockers who would rather just ignore you) because someone new to handguns might believe some of the garbage posted.

Your just 'butt hurt'! :): You said to call you that .... er.....

Have you handled the M&P? I like it; but, I'd like to see them put through a hurt test before I'd buy one. What do you like more about the XDm?

P.S. I am enjoying your responses. And yes, some of us just choose to ignore. :)

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Before I finish that statement, I wish to clarify my intent here. I am NOT trying to start up an argument, although it almost certainly will.

I would seriously like to know. I have seen torture tests documented, I've seen range tests, I recently watched a video of a man purporting to hit a target at 230 yards, with a Glock.

Everyone RAVES about them. "They are tanks", "Best gun ever built", "Can't stop them"... and so on, and so on...

I have zero experience with Glocks.

I have NO vested interest in this argument, I would just like an answer to my question.

"Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good, why do so many people have them up for sale"?

I'd really like to know:dunno:

Buy one, love it, buy a few, pick the ones you like the most, and fit your needs, sell the ones that don't fit your personality.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ok let me clear things up. I never once, said that Glocks where crap. If I did, then show me and I'll say I'm wrong. People like Glocks, and that's fine. If that's what fits them then that's what they should carry etc. Me personaly for the money, think there are better options. I do not like the grip angle, poa, or trigger on the Glock. I shot my Fathers Xd, several times and owned other guns before choosing the Xd. I just did not go omg, I want an Xd because they are cool. Most of my comments where referd to others, who I can not remember their names. I say how I feel, as I have the right too. You are infact calling me a troll, when you yourself are doing the same thing.

I was at Acme Sports in Seymour, and Bite the Bullet in Reddington two weeks ago. Their Glocks, M&P's, and Xd's where in the same price range. Also Xd mags are very reasonbale compared to other guns.

MAG-241 - Mag Glock 22 Factory, 15 Round, .40 Caliber New 4th Generation .40 S&W
    MAG-7521 - Springfield XD Magazine, .40 S&W, 12 Rounds, Stainless Steel

Both .40, and both the same price. As the staement about LEO, swat, and the Military. I was trying to make a point, of it's a money game. Trying to prove that just because one orginization uses a certain weapon, does not make it better. Now you did infact say the Glock was better then a 1911. In terms of price maybe, in terms of quality no. Again no proof to back that up. Considering 1911's are battle proven by out Military. Let me ask did you ever read any posts, written by Glock fan boys? Theh maybe you would understand why I wrote, what I did. Too many saying Glock is the best. Which can in no way be proven. Except possibly a tortue test. With all the same ammo, and conditions used. Then again everyone makes a lemon from time to time.

Ok the Glock first went into production in 1982. The HS2000, before being called the Xd in 1999. That information was googled, so I just did not make it up. That is 17 years. That's a long time to produce guns. So at one point in time, Glock probably was the only polymer framed striker fired pistol in that price range. One reason LE, would purchase so many. Now you have the Xd, and M&P in the same price range to compete with them.

I have said what I need to. Which is Glock is not the best. Everyone prefers something different. Almost every post you see, about people wanting to know about certain guns. You see Glock is the best, only buy Glock etc. Buy what you shoot the best, and are the most comfortable with. No matter what the choice is. With that note I'm done!

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I'll say this....Oh yeah and I am biased. I love Glocks. I have owned a few different 1911's but I have always wanted a kimber. So I went to the range a couple of weeks ago and borrowed a buddies Kimber Custom TLE II. I took my beloved Glock 21 duty weapon with me and decided to put them both through the test.
    Results:
    Kimber: Great shooter, felt recoil not bad, accurate on slow fire: everything in the X ring at 25 yards, rapid fire good: everything in tight groups, ran about 200 rounds through it, Pretty good weapon OK to shoot as far as comfort etc.

Glock 21: GReat Shooter, felt recoil minimal: much less than Kimber, accurate on slow fire: everything in X ring at 25 yards, rapid fire excellent: much easier followup shots than Kimber, ran about 300 rounds through it, Great Weapon very comfortable to shoot.

I will preface this with: I have owned two 1911's and have shot a fair amount with them. I have owned many Glocks and shoot extensively with them. So that being said I will obviously prefer them. But after shooting them side by side I will never own a Kimber my dream is over.

My Glock shot just was well in my hand, I will never notice if it fires 4 inch groups at 25 yards rather than 2 inch groups. The Glock is much more comfortable in the hand, my hand gets chewed up some when shooting 1911's. My Glock had much less felt recoil, and much better rapid fire sight acquisition. My Glock is less than half the cost. And almost double the capacity and still weighs less.
    In my mind why spend so much on something that loses in so many categories, unless you never actually use it. My thoughts.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i just cant understand why people defend manufactures they like as if theyre their children, and attack ones they dont like as if they raped their wife.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    oh.... so I must be a lying Glock fanboi now...

I'm sure you can say that Glock isn't the most popular handgun here, but numbers just don't lie.

I'm sure you will say it's the shooter, not the guns, but the shooter chooses a piece he/she can rely on.

I'm sure you can tell us that LEO's don't prefer the Glock, they just buy them because they get them cheap.

The facts still remain:

INGO Glockers is the largest following of any handgun here.

Glock shooters win more matches in USPSA Production than any other.
    Please post a link to the numbers. I have seen this baseless claim several times throughout this thread. Are we just to take your word for it?
    Glocks are also still the most recommended on BrianEnos.com for Production.

Glock shooters consistantly win FNS in Production.
    Who is keeping track? where can I find the records?
    Hate them all you want, the facts are what they are.
    And most of what you post as "facts" are opinions, dressed as facts.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    oh.... so I must be a lying Glock fanboi now...

Great way to start a post. :yesway:

I'm sure you can say that Glock isn't the most popular handgun here, but numbers just don't lie.

Okay, but they often mean something very different then what you say they mean.

I'm sure you will say it's the shooter, not the guns, but the shooter chooses a piece he/she can rely on.

Okay, but their reliability is not being questioned and yes it's the shooter. This point speaks nothing about inherent quality.

I'm sure you can tell us that LEO's don't prefer the Glock, they just buy them because they get them cheap.

I could, but you just did so I won't.

The facts still remain:

INGO Glockers is the largest following of any handgun here.

Popularity is another point that isn't in contention and says nothing about quality.

Glock shooters win more matches in USPSA Production than any other. Glocks are also still the most recommended on BrianEnos.com for Production.

Glock shooters consistantly win FNS in Production.

I, too, would like to see the actual stats here. Although you just reiterated an earlier point that is irrelevant to the conversation

Hate them all you want, the facts are what they are.

The facts about glock are exactly why they are hate worthy. Your list of facts tell us little more then that people shoot glocks. I suppose that is understandable but why all the over the top claims, constant thread jacks, defensiveness regarding other opinions, "best ever" mentalities and an apparent willful blindness to the weak points?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The facts about glock are exactly why they are hate worthy. Your list of facts tell us little more then that people shoot glocks. I suppose that is understandable but why all the over the top claims, constant thread jacks, defensiveness regarding other opinions, "best ever" mentalities and an apparent willful blindness to the weak points?

Did YOU off ALL the people on INGO just accuse someone else of "constant thread jacks"? Are f*****g kidding me?

I generally only respond in Glock threads and rarely have much to say in threads regarding other handguns whereas the majority of your posts are in Glock threads.

What a joke...

and of course you last sentence really has no relevance to me as I've already stated the XDm and M&P's are better choices for a little more money...

I just don't see what you have at stake in these threads King, other that merely trying to get under people's skins for you own pleasure.

Last edited:

glockjho15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    I carry a glock 23 everyday more than comfortably. I never worry that it won't fire when needed, nor do I worry about getting the safety off if I need it. There is a reason why 75% of law enforcement agencies across the country trust their lives to glocks....

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    bill-cosby-jello-puddin-pops-300x300.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Please post a link to the numbers. I have seen this baseless claim several times throughout this thread.

You say it's baseless, yet provide no proof to make that statement... isn't that just lazy on your part?

Who is keeping track? where can I find the records?

sure let me do the work for you:Friday Night Steel

Results posted at:
    Steel at Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana

Oct
    1st - Adam G. (Glock or Sig)
    2nd - Mark W. (thinking he's a Glock shooter, but not sure)
    3rd - M Deaner (Glock)

Sept
    1st - Matt R. (Glock)
    2nd - Adam G (Glock)
    3rd - Tim M. (don't know)

Aug
    1st - Jerrod Baugh (don't now)
    2nd - Matt Roberts (Glock)
    3rd - Parke Lewis (Glock)

July
    1st - C. Wolford (XD or XDm, not sure which one he shoots)
    2nd - Mark w.
    3rd - Nick W. (M&P9Pro)

June
    1st - Matt R (Glock)
    2nd - C Wolford (xd/xdm)
    3rd - M. Deaner (Glock)

May

1st - P Lewis (Glock)
    2nd - Matt R (Glock)
    3rd - Tim M.

April

1st - P Lewis (Glock)
    2nd - Matt R. (Glock)
    3rd - C Wolford (xd/xdm)

And most of what you post as "facts" are opinions, dressed as facts.

again, prove me wrong, don't just make a blanket statement... you could simply ask for proof and I would provide it. If you don't ask, don't just make a statement that I am posting false "facts"

I pay attention to what the best shooters shoot in Production at Friday Night Steel... I do the same at USPSA matches I attend. If I see something else in my price range that would elevate my game, it'd try it out... but most of them are shooting Glock 34's. Most of them aren't sponsored by Glock... it's not a hard decision.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Enos Forums... I don't have to say much here... any one who follows it already knows....

Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo! -> Factory Pistols

As far as National matches go, records for Sevigney, Vogel, Abbate, Rogers in USPSA, Steel and IDPA aren't hard to find.

I guess it sucks that I know all this about Glocks... but I did lots of research last year before deciding to compete in Production with a Glock. I had lots of good info from many sources, including many here from INGO that I've seen shoot and know they are very good... such as Shooter521, MDeaner, Dr Falkin, BigCraig, NottasccrMom and others that I've talked to at matches like Parke Lewis and Bob Vogel.

It'd be easy to make up "facts", but I'm not a liberal.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    You say it's baseless, yet provide no proof to make that statement... isn't that just lazy on your part?
    ahh...no, it would be lazy on your part, making an assertion without proof.
    sure let me do the work for you:Friday Night Steel

Results posted at:
    Steel at Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana

Oct
    1st - Adam G. (Glock or Sig)
    2nd - Mark W. (thinking he's a Glock shooter, but not sure)
    3rd - M Deaner (Glock)

Sept
    1st - Matt R. (Glock)
    2nd - Adam G (Glock)
    3rd - Tim M. (don't know)

Aug
    1st - Jerrod Baugh (don't now)
    2nd - Matt Roberts (Glock)
    3rd - Parke Lewis (Glock)

July
    1st - C. Wolford (XD or XDm, not sure which one he shoots)
    2nd - Mark w.
    3rd - Nick W. (M&P9Pro)

June
    1st - Matt R (Glock)
    2nd - C Wolford (xd/xdm)
    3rd - M. Deaner (Glock)

May

1st - P Lewis (Glock)
    2nd - Matt R (Glock)
    3rd - Tim M.

April

1st - P Lewis (Glock)
    2nd - Matt R. (Glock)
    3rd - C Wolford (xd/xdm)

again, prove me wrong, don't just make a blanket statement... you could simply ask for proof and I would provide it. If you don't ask, don't just make a statement that I am posting false "facts"
    I didn't say your "facts" were false, I said they were opinions.
    I pay attention to what the best shooters shoot in Production at Friday Night Steel... I do the same at USPSA matches I attend. If I see something else in my price range that would elevate my game, it'd try it out... but most of them are shooting Glock 34's. Most of them aren't sponsored by Glock... it's not a hard decision.

11, possibly 13 shooters out of the top 21 (if your claims are correct)? How does that prove that Glocks are better than any other guns?

And what about BrianEnos.com? It's just another internet forum. I could point you to seven other internet forums where Glocks are not recommended more than anything else, but that's as irrelevant to the conversation as the opinions of posters at BrianEnos.com. Is Brian sponsored by Glock?

Oh, and in case you were wondering, Glocks are not even the favorite pistol of Brian Enos (since we're on the subject, for whatever reason).
    Brian Enos Interview IDPA Shooting Blog

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    11, possibly 13 shooters out of the top 21 (if your claims are correct)?

50% of the shooters of one brand over what, ten other brands used in Production.... I'd say that is pretty significant.

How does that prove that Glocks are better than any other guns?

I'm not trying to prove Glocks are better than any gun, that would be absurd. I'm merely countering the BS spewed by haters.

And what about BrianEnos.com? It's just another internet forum.

Yup, just another internet forum where USPSA and IDPA members shoot the breeze.

Is Brian sponsored by Glock?

Not that I'm aware of. Most of the people posting are just regular Joes who shoot in matches.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, Glocks are not even the favorite pistol of Brian Enos

Didn't make that claim either. I only posted the site because it's prefered by many IDPA/USPSA shooters.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm not trying to prove Glocks are better than any gun, that would be absurd. I'm merely countering the BS spewed by haters.
    Yeah. that BS is as follows: "Glocks are not better than any other gun." How are you countering that without trying to prove that Glocks are better than any other gun?
    Yup, just another internet forum where USPSA and IDPA members shoot the breeze.
    and?
    Not that I'm aware of. Most of the people posting are just regular Joes who shoot in matches.
    and?
    Didn't make that claim either. I only posted the site because it's prefered by many IDPA/USPSA shooters.
    and?

Nobody is saying that there isn't anybody that likes Glock. Yet all you are proving (emphatically, I might add) with your many posts is that there are people who like Glock and think that they're the best gun out there.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yet all you are proving (emphatically, I might add) with your many posts is that there are people who like Glock and think that they're the best gun out there.

so what if they think their gun is the best?

What you don't see me doing is going out and hating on other gun owners who think their guns are the best.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There is a reason why 75% of law enforcement agencies across the country trust their lives to glocks....

And 100% of that 75% is no where near "reliability." There are many, many different factors that play into why Glock is the #1 pistol in LE. The largest reason was because they were, to me at least, the first to really offer such an easy to use system. I believe they hit a home run with the 9mm, but that the G22 and some of the earlier problems (the reliance on human strength more so than other pistols, ie: Limp wristing) is what has caused some departments to move away from the Glock.

Glock has a good hold, but I doubt it will last forever. Even Glock knows that, which is why they are going to start offering ambidextrous mag release, and adjustable grip straps.

I think price played a big deal in this as well. A dept. I know of, that is under the umbrella of a quasi-public entity was in dire need of new handguns, but money was an issue. Well, Sig Sauer offers a lease/loan program where a department can spread the costs over years instead of needing money up front. Yes, there is some interest, but given how long I believe a Sig will last, if properly maintained, the 4.9% rate likely isn't that bad. Well, that department almost went with Sig till they found out their own internal purchasing department offers the exact same deal...on any purchased for the entity. So guess what, Glocks were cheaper, so Glocks were purchased through the purchasing department on a loan type basis.

My guess is that Sig Sauer is the only company that actually posts this leasing program on their website. If Sig can make money on this, and they are making money on it, it wouldn't surprise me if Glock, HK, etc. offer a similar service. Even then, it may come down to money. The reliability of Glock is good enough to let money be a factor in the decision, well..that's my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom