Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Glocks are like ordering a glass of water at supper. They're not fancy, everyone can afford them, and they get the job done.

They're certainly not the best, but also not the worst. It's just the common denominator for a lot of folks. If glocks were, say, $100 cheaper, they would be a decent bargain. For the same money, I'll take an all metal CZ or the like.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Glocks are like ordering a glass of water at supper. They're not fancy, everyone can afford them, and they get the job done.

They're certainly not the best, but also not the worst. It's just the common denominator for a lot of folks. If glocks were, say, $100 cheaper, they would be a decent bargain. For the same money, I'll take an all metal CZ or the like.

I would take a CZ, over any Glock any day.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Alright I just read through everything in this thread. This thread was meant to be informative, just as this site is meant to be........ and it was ruined.

This thread wasn't ruined by the glock fan boys, it was made to ASK the glock fan boys a question. It wasn't until the XDers joined in to chime in about what they think about glocks that everyone got their feathers ruffled because someone wasn't claiming theirs as superior.

Guys get over it, seriously, everyone should get a gun that is:

1. Fits their hand and they are comfortable with it
    2. It is reliable, (Like and Glock OORR XD)
    3. In their price range
    4. Has a good availability of ammo

I'm sure you could add another one but that isn't my point, both Glock and XD answer all 4 of those for a lot of people. So get over it. You all sound like the little sister who just keeps saying "nuh uh" and "make me" or "prove it" after Hickman totally said the only thing of value in this thread.

Anyone who wants to spend a little more cash on an XDm or M&P to get a more modernized version of a polymer pistol should do so.

It's about what fits your hand and gets the job done for you.

For many of us, Glock does the job just fine

^^^^Thread should have ended here.......^^^^^^^

Wont be too long before this thread is closed because grown men couldn't just get over it..... Its an age old argument so pick the one that fits you best!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    CSK22,

You are entirely missing the point. There would be very little to talk about on here if all our gun talk consisted of "It's reliable and fits me." There are always two issues involved in these arguments. One, we are discussing that finer points of modern semi-auto handgun design. The vast majority are accurate and reliable, but there are many more things that can be discussed then that. With that comes the possibility of disagreements. Two, there are a lot of claims made about glock that are either unfounded or altogether unimpressive. It is difficult to get through an entire thread, regardless of topic, in the handgun forum without comments like "just buy a glock," or "glocks are the best handguns in history!" or some other silliness. Couple that with the panty twisting involved when someone disagrees and it wears on the nerves.

That seems to be the point that U.S Patriot is trying to make. It's just anther gun. Get over it. The "fanboy" aspect is argued as much as the design aspects. It seems most of of the dubbed "glock haters" actually think they are decent, quality handguns. They just tire of the delusions of perfection. I, however, think they are terrible guns. Well, let me qualify that. Out of all of the first teir, quality, trust-your-life-with handguns they are the most terrible. That is purely my assessment of the design rather then an inability to just get over it.

As a side note, I think it is short changing people to only tell them to get what they like and what fits their hand when they ask for advice on a purchase. That is about as common sense as it gets and is rarely what people are asking. People usually develop their short list based on that criteria and then start looking for something more. They want to hear testimonials from people who own them. The want to examine the track record. The want to sort out any perceived weaknesses or flaws. They are looking for more substance once they have determined that these few guns feel the best. You see this a lot on here. Someone will start a thread saying something like "I'm looking for a new handgun and I can't decide between a Ruger SR9 and a CZ75. What do you guys think?" Then, there will be a myriad of a posts saying "Get what fits you best. That's all that matter." That is certainly sound advice, but I think we have to go with the assumption that guns make it on to short lists because the person knows that either gun will work for their needs, but they need more information to make an informed decision.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    CSK22,

It is difficult to get through an entire thread, regardless of topic, in the handgun forum without comments like "just buy a glock," or "glocks are the best handguns in history!" or some other silliness. Couple that with the panty twisting involved when someone disagrees and it wears on the nerves.

That seems to be the point that U.S Patriot is trying to make. It's just anther gun.

That's my point exactly. I have never said Glocks where junk, or anything apon that line. Also If I was an Xd fan boy primarly, would I own other makes of firearms? No I would have nothing but Xd's. I like variety. All I see is Glock is the best, or no other gun has the workenmenship of the Glock, etc. There is no way to prove it. I like facts, cold hard facts. I mean you can say there are aliens all you want. Until I see one for myself it's just jiberish. Untill I personaly see that a Glock is better, then any other pistol then I wil say BS. I'm not a fan of Glock, and never well be. If you like them and they work for you that's good, and that's the point. Just remember they do not work for everyone. If Glocks where the end all pistol, then that's all people would own right? So do not get your panties in a bunch when I do not agree.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What for the fact you, and the other fan boys can not prove Glocks are the best? Is that your rebutle. Can not come with something more solid? So I guess I proved my point. The fan boys can talk about how Glock is the best, but have no conclusive proof. Epic fail!

You still offer no reasonable debate, other that posting typical hater responses.

It wouldn't matter what was said or presented, you'd continue to hate on Glocks.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are one of the preferred handguns here on INGO (146 members - INGO Glockers), yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks owners consistently win in USPSA Production matches, both locally and nationally, yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks owners consistently win LOCAL Friday Night Steel matches in the Production division, yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are used by more Law Enforcement agencies in the US than others, yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks have more upgrades and accessories than any other handgun but the 1911 , yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are less expensive to get than other quality handguns , yet you still hate.

It doesn't matter what we say, present or prove, it's not going to change your mind. So why bother trolling when you here only to hate on a silly plastic pistol?

You keep yelling "epic fail", but it seems the numbers here would indicate otherwise. The 3-4 of you or all the rest of us? Hmmm :dunno:

Until next time, enjoy another glass of hater-aid :40oz:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I used to hate on Glocks because they were the "popular choice". Now i see why. I received a 26 in a trade and love it. Now i'll have to make up for lost time and buy more. I'm even selling one of my 1911's to maybe purchase another, lol.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    You still offer no reasonable debate, other that posting typical hater responses.

It wouldn't matter what was said or presented, you'd continue to hate on Glocks.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are one of the preferred handguns here on INGO (146 members - INGO Glockers), yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks owners consistently win in USPSA Production matches, both locally and nationally, yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks owners consistently win LOCAL Friday Night Steel matches in the Production division, yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are used by more Law Enforcement agencies in the US than others, yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks have more upgrades and accessories than any other handgun but the 1911 , yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are less expensive to get than other quality handguns , yet you still hate.

It doesn't matter what we say, present or prove, it's not going to change your mind. So why bother trolling when you here only to hate on a silly plastic pistol?

You keep yelling "epic fail", but it seems the numbers here would indicate otherwise. The 3-4 of you or all the rest of us? Hmmm :dunno:

So....?

I own a glock, as well as several other brands of firearms. To make another comparison, a Glock is like a Mustang GT. It's cheap enough that every Joe-Bob who wants one can buy one. They win most Friday nights at the strip, there are MILLIONS of aftermarket parts for them. Occassionally, John Force wins a National Match with a Mustang-bodied car, etc, etc.

It'll still get smoked by every ferrari on the block. Don't have a Ferarri on your block? Most people don't. But you do have a Mustang...and it's fine... but it's not the best.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So....?

I own a glock, as well as several other brands of firearms. To make another comparison, a Glock is like a Mustang GT. It's cheap enough that every Joe-Bob who wants one can buy one. They win most Friday nights at the strip, there are MILLIONS of aftermarket parts for them. Occassionally, John Force wins a National Match with a Mustang-bodied car, etc, etc.

It'll still get smoked by every ferrari on the block. Don't have a Ferarri on your block? Most people don't. But you do have a Mustang...and it's fine... but it's not the best.

These guns are self-defense pieces for me, I don't need a steel piece that's shoot dime size groups for that. I'll take the GT.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    So....?

Very good point.

HICKMAN said:
    ...It's been pointed out that Glocks are one of the preferred handguns here on INGO (146 members - INGO Glockers), yet you still hate.

It's been pointed out that Glocks are used by more Law Enforcement agencies in the US than others, yet you still hate...

You do realize that these points have been rebutted repeatedly, right?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You do realize that these points have been rebutted repeatedly, right?

oh.... so I must be a lying Glock fanboi now...

I'm sure you can say that Glock isn't the most popular handgun here, but numbers just don't lie.

I'm sure you will say it's the shooter, not the guns, but the shooter chooses a piece he/she can rely on.

I'm sure you can tell us that LEO's don't prefer the Glock, they just buy them because they get them cheap.

The facts still remain:

INGO Glockers is the largest following of any handgun here.

Glock shooters win more matches in USPSA Production than any other. Glocks are also still the most recommended on BrianEnos.com for Production.

Glock shooters consistantly win FNS in Production.

Hate them all you want, the facts are what they are.

Last edited:

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    No, but the defensive attitude would hint at that. You may take the GT, and that's great. But the point is 'satisfactory' isn't good enough for some people.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    No, but the defensive attitude would hint at that. You may take the GT, and that's great. But the point is 'satisfactory' isn't good enough for some people.

I've got four kinds and a wife that lost her job, I live within my means.

Satisfactory is just fine for me.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ***Insert tail-chasing music***

:D

internet4.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Yeah 3-4 to us one. Just like bid bad gangs, who are scared to be different. Scared to face someone one on one. You think the officers themselves choose Glock? It comes down the lowest bidder. Just like the Military, do some research before you look stupid. No it's what they are issued. I have talked to several officers, that said they would choose another. It's does more to who is getting a kick back then anything, or something we call politics. Think about it. The military uses the M9, not the Glock. So is the M9 better then the Glock, or is the best handgun? Also competitors are going to go with who pays them the best. The vast majority of Swat teams use 1911's. So does that make the 1911 better then Glock? Or does it make it the best hand gun? You think profesional sports players, play for a team because they like them? Oh wait money talks, and BS walks. Do you get American Rfileman? One of this years issues, I would have to look it up. Did you see all the awards Springfield, and the Xd got. How much love did the Glock get? What was that zero? Ok before you say, it's because Sringfield paid out huge ammounts of money. Which they may have, no way to prove it. Proves money talks, and BS walks. Also you say all these things have been pointed out, but you still have proven nothing. Why because your opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone has them, and you are the type that gets butt hurt, if someone does not agree with it. I can go to my local shops and the Glocks, Xd's, and M&P's are in the same price range. So what do you call what you are doing, trolling? Hmmmmm practice what you preach. Now go hols hands with your other Glock fan boys. I'll be politicaly correct on the rest!

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Yeah 3-4 to us one. Just like bid bad gangs, who are scared to be different. Scared to face someone one on one. You think the officers themselves choose Glock? It comes down the lowest bidder. Just like the Military, do some research before you look stupid. No it's what they are issued. I have talked to several officers, that said they would choose another. It's does more to who is getting a kick back then anything, or something we call politics. Think about it. The military uses the M9, not the Glock. So is the M9 better then the Glock, or is the best handgun? Also competitors are going to go with who pays them the best. The vast majority of Swat teams use 1911's. So does that make the 1911 better then Glock? Or does it make it the best hand gun? You think profesional sports players, play for a team because they like them? Oh wait money talks, and BS walks. Do you get American Rfileman? One of this years issues, I would have to look it up. Did you see all the awards Springfield, and the Xd got. How much love did the Glock get? What was that zero? Ok before you say, it's because Sringfield paid out huge ammounts of money. Which they may have, no way to prove it. Proves money talks, and BS walks. Also you say all these things have been pointed out, but you still have proven nothing. Why because your opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone has them, and you are the type that gets butt hurt, if someone does not agree with it. I can go to my local shops and the Glocks, Xd's, and M&P's are in the same price range. So what do you call what you are doing, trolling? Hmmmmm practice what you preach. Now go hols hands with your other Glock fan boys. I'll be politicaly correct on the rest!

Glock is the Walmart of the gun world. Everyone loves to hate them, until it's time to get the most for your money and they are the first on the list. "most SWAT teams use 1911's". Where are you getting this info??

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Because when the giant rats do drive bys on the giant cockroaches in a post-apocalyptic Earth, both sides will be using Glocks.:D

1. Inexpensive.
    2. Solidly reliable.
    3. Easy to strip and maintain.
    4. parts are everywhere.
    5. Magazines are everywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom