Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The problem is, _your_ personal experiences pretty much deal with the way _you_ shoot the gun. The video shows exactly what is wrong with Glock: The physics needed to cycle the gun rely way too much on the force the shooter is applying with their gun hand. This is why I am becoming more and more a non-Glock fan. While they are 99%, with _me_ shooting them, I know other guns that will likely be better. If anyone believes this isn't an issue, it is easy enough to repeat that test.

I would like to know if maybe it isn't a gun issue, but a magazine issue. Glock has tweaked their guns here and there, but I know they are on their fourth magazine design. It could just be an issue of either the slide spring, magazine spring, or both.

I don't think that the laws of physics would allow limp wristing to be solved without either making the recoil spring so weak that the gun would beat itself to pieces when held solidly, or making the lower half so heavy as to prevent too much movement during recoil so that the slide could cycle the whole way. someone earlier in the thread said that a pistol should be able to cycle properly no matter how little pressure was put on the grip. I don't see limp-wrist failures as a weakness of any gun design, but as user error.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Get a rise out of the glock guys... mission complete.

cat_sticking_out_its_tongue-1360.jpg

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    The volume avalable and people get tired of the same old thing over time as well as the different generations of glocks.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I don't see limp-wrist failures as a weakness of any gun design, but as user error.

If this was true, then the vast majority of semi-auto handguns would have similar issues...they don't. Those videos are pretty clear, and my experience is pretty clear as well. Glock relies too much on the force of the grip of the person firing the gun more so than other manufactures. I honestly believe this has something to do with the Glock being designed around the 9mm round, and the ballistics of that round, and then they basically take the same frame and use it for 10mm and .40S&W.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I honestly believe this has something to do with the Glock being designed around the 9mm round, and the ballistics of that round, and then they basically take the same frame and use it for 10mm and .40S&W.

The .40 frames are the same size as the 9mm. The 10mm frames are not.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I believe there are so many up for sale because there are hundreds of thousands, even millions of them out there and gun people are the trading-est folks I know.

I have many guns I like to hold and look at much more than my Glocks. But I purchased a new caliber gun yesterday, and I went with a Glock because of 1 - reliability and 2 - price. They are, as has already been put - the best bang for the buck. I trust my Glocks like i trust my revolvers. They are that good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom