Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This has been VERY interesting to see the variety of responses.
    My original question was possibly mis-interpreted.
    I understand there are literally millions of Glocks out there. My question was, and STILL is, if they are so great, why do people want to get rid of them? This just has me stumped? I understand some folks run into hard times and need to raise cash. I understand someone buying a Glock and realizing, "This is not exactly what I wanted".
    What I DON'T understand is, "If Glocks are so great, WHY do people want to get rid of them?

I have a VERY difficult time parting with ANY firearm I ever purchased, let alone "the best gun ever made"?

Does NO-ONE else here see my point?

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I think I understand your question. I had Glocks and sold them during a move. Now, two years later I am re-buying the exact models of Glocks I had previously sold. Why did I sell them and not some others (Colt Python, Taurus 92C etc.)? Perhaps because the Glocks are So Utilitarian Looking, I don't get attached to them. It's like selling a power tool. You know you can get another when you need it. They are, as a previous poster said, kind of like currency. Sorry to enter the thread so late, but I'm a newbie.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think I understand your question. I had Glocks and sold them during a move. Now, two years later I am re-buying the exact models of Glocks I had previously sold. Why did I sell them and not some others (Colt Python, Taurus 92C etc.)? Perhaps because the Glocks are So Utilitarian Looking, I don't get attached to them. It's like selling a power tool. You know you can get another when you need it. They are, as a previous poster said, kind of like currency. Sorry to enter the thread so late, but I'm a newbie.

No worries. Your post was succinct and answered the question posed.

I'd also like to add, this post was NOT intended to be a slight, or bash of Glocks. I have never drank the Glock kool-aid, and I really did NOT realize there were THAT many in circulation.

Still, it must just be me, but when I find something I REALLY like, I do my best to hold onto it!

luckydog465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Glock all they way! Not much to look at but consistanly outshoot other guns in same price range. Also, guns run like a swiss clock! Not to sound biased but it has been my experiance.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I guess I think of them the same way, never get attached, just sell when I need to and get another.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Glock all they way! Not much to look at but consistanly outshoot other guns in same price range. Also, guns run like a swiss clock! Not to sound biased but it has been my experiance.

You mean you consistantly shoot better with glocks, over other brands in the same price range? I know for a fact that Glocks do not shoot consistantly better then, other brands in the same price range. The majority of people will shot better with certain guns over others.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Despite the hating, the pro's and top shooters keep winning with Glocks in the Production Division.

They also seem to dominate Production in Friday Night Steel, so please stop trying to tell us how "bad" they are.

and now, back to the YUMMY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3w9TKBvAA]YouTube - Jessie Abbate 2008 USPSA Limited-10 Nationals[/ame]

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Despite the hating, the pro's and top shooters keep winning with Glocks in the Production Division.

They also seem to dominate Production in Friday Night Steel, so please stop trying to tell us how "bad" they are.

Where can I find the results for the USPSA production division with a list of what manufacturers are being used? I looked on the USPSA website, but all their results pages only had the users first name and the initial letter of their last name.

Do you have the statistics for Friday Night Steel, as well? I wasn't aware anybody was keeping track of such things.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

YouTube - Jessie Abbate 2008 USPSA Limited-10 Nationals

This argument has been covered before. The only this proves is that a glock will shoot where you aim it. I don't think that point is being debated. Don't you think these competitions are more about the shooter then the gun. Also, by your own logic, if I could produce results from several various devisions and pistol shooting sports where other make/models excel would that outweigh the success of great shooters who happens to use glocks in the production division? Your point speaks nothing to how good or bad the guns are.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

You could have the most high tech, and accurate gun out there. However without a shooter with talent you have nothing. Still you prove nothing. The only way to prove anything, is to test two guns in the exact same way. With all the exact same conditions.

Last edited:

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    There are a Whole lot out there. A lot of people need to sell to pay bills or just want to sell theirs for another Glock. Ex- I used to have a G17 and really wanted something smaller, so I kept all my 9mm ammo, sold my 17 and bought a 26. I kept it for a long time, then decided that I wanted something with a little more punch, so I bought a 29. That 29 was NUTS!! I loved it!! It was one BADA$% round! BUT, I had a few bills that I needed to pay, so I sold it and the 26. Ive shot Most Models of Glocks and I like them all!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

:): Dude, you KNOW Glocks suck! That's why they aren't always sent back to the factory, being tuned and shaved and cut on just so they will function out of the box. Come on! Get with the program! :): That's a great video BTW. I think those old guys weren't counting, they were just 'watching'.... :laugh:

Now, quick ticking off the machinists who love to machine on their pistols and move on!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    :): Dude, you KNOW Glocks suck! That's why they aren't always sent back to the factory, being tuned and shaved and cut on just so they will function out of the box. Come on! Get with the program! :): That's a great video BTW. I think those old guys weren't counting, they were just 'watching'.... :laugh:

Now, quick ticking off the machinists who love to machine on their pistols and move on!

Really? Hmm I did not have to send my Xd back to be cut on. I have probably 500+ rounds with no issues what so ever. It has eaten every kind of round I have put through it. So why dont you kiss you Glock, and well I'll be politicaly correct to keep the mods away.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Really? Hmm I did not have to send my Xd back to be cut on. I have probably 500+ rounds with no issues what so ever. It has eaten every kind of round I have put through it. So why dont you kiss you Glock, and well I'll be politicaly correct to keep the mods away.

He is referring to 1911's. He has been on a kick lately about 1911's supposedly needing tuned, tweaked and sent back to the manufacturing to get the running right after you buy them. :nuts:

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I love my Glock 26, I love Glocks. Nothing wrong with them, nothing superior about them.

It goes bang, doesn't mean I don't enjoy shooting other guns too!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom