• Have you ever tried Marijauna?

• Total voters

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Yep, young and dumb one summer. Haven't since, won't ever again and have no desire to see it legalized. Yes, I have heard all the arguments in favor of, but my opinion remains unchanged. Brother-in-law is a life-long pot-smoker and is about the most useless, jobless, 48 year old still-live-at home waste of breath I have ever seen. Perfect for pointing out to my sons,...see, that's what serious pot use does to you. Purely my unscientific opinion.

I respect your opinion but the serious pot use did not do that to your brother in law; the government is enabling your brother in law to do that by stealing from the hardworking people and giving to the lazy people like him. It has less to do with pot than it does with the bad policies that we have allowed our government to implement.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    jeff-spicoli.jpg

Shhhhaahhhh! Smoked it, Grew up. I have no desire to again.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Legalize it!

I am clean and fully intend to stay that way since I have too much to lose over something like that, but I fully support legalizing it. Alcohol is much worse and plus the hemp plant in general is very useful.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    last time i smoked that stuff, it made me tired and i slept. if i want to get tired, ill go to work and get paid for it.. not vice versa

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I respect your opinion but the serious pot use did not do that to your brother in law; the government is enabling your brother in law to do that by stealing from the hardworking people and giving to the lazy people like him. It has less to do with pot than it does with the bad policies that we have allowed our government to implement.

Well, not really, since he never files a tax return and doesn't apply for or accept any type of public assistance because he doesn't want "the man" to know about his source(s) of income or how much he makes. No government enabling going on, just plain lazy dope smoker. More like parents enabling if anything.

I have nothing against a successful, contributing member of society that also happens to be a dope smoker. Just don't want to see it legalized.

Dirty Steve

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Teenager in the 60's and no one was smoking anything but cigeretts. I never had that habit....ever.
    Into the 70's and we were all hippies and it was on. All done and gone by the 80's

We must'a known each other, but then, some of those memories are a little.....foggy. :rolleyes:

In the 70's I thought weed was a vegetable, and I tried my best to be a vegitaian. But now, no interest, been there done that, ain't no big deal.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Sure have! I don't anymore because I need a job too bad, plus it's illegal. However, I think if it was legal I would partake for special occasions.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Never bothered with that stupid stuff...ever. There were way too many productive things I could be doing oher than that. I had friends go from productive, social beings to permanant molasses brains from heavy use of that stuff.(Yeah, yeah, I know, it can't do that...must'a been something else) I've heard that before. I'm not convinced.
    If free people want to do this kind of thing to themselves, that's their perrogative, but lets at least clear the silly smoke from our brains,and admit the problems with it, at the very least, when laying out public policy.
    Is anybody else thinking that there is some rationalization going on in this thread? :popcorn:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I've never had anything other than alcohol*, and I'm not very good at handling that, so it seemed foolhardy to try anything else. Funny thing is, I'm "the bad kid". My brother the human chemistry experiment is "the good kid". We're both in our 40's, and parents still don't know the truth.

* not counting prescribed pain meds for legitimate purposes

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Yep, I have done it in the past. I don't believe that people are being completely honest in the poll either. I understand that there are a lot of people that haven't tried it, but I don't believe that the percentages are that high (pun intended) for NOT having tried it.

For the record, if it were legalized, I would never drink another drop of alcohol.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    My mother smoked it medicinally for a while and I inhaled a tiny bit. I wouldn't say I smoked it.

I have enough paranoia without smoking it recreationally though.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yep, I have done it in the past. I don't believe that people are being completely honest in the poll either. I understand that there are a lot of people that haven't tried it, but I don't believe that the percentages are that high (pun intended) for NOT having tried it.

For the record, if it were legalized, I would never drink another drop of alcohol.

I disagree. I think there is a higher percentage of people that haven't than you would think. Hell, right here in my dept, of the 6 people we have, only one has ever tried it, and that was in the 70's. All of my friends have never had/tried either (with one exception, and I haven't talked to him for years).

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I disagree. I think there is a higher percentage of people that haven't than you would think. Hell, right here in my dept, of the 6 people we have, only one has ever tried it, and that was in the 70's. All of my friends have never had/tried either (with one exception, and I haven't talked to him for years).
    Maybe it's just a generational thing then. The majority of people I know (by far) have at least tried it.

Top Bottom