• Have you ever tried Marijauna?

• Total voters

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Yep, young and dumb one summer. Haven't since, won't ever again and have no desire to see it legalized. Yes, I have heard all the arguments in favor of, but my opinion remains unchanged. Brother-in-law is a life-long pot-smoker and is about the most useless, jobless, 48 year old still-live-at home waste of breath I have ever seen. Perfect for pointing out to my sons,...see, that's what serious pot use does to you. Purely my unscientific opinion.

Don't really drink anymore either with the exception of a glass of whiskey about 3-4 times a year.

Dirty Steve

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Smoking pot was a mistake. I shouldnt have done it, but did as a dumb youth.. Live and learn.

Did you end up hurting somebody or something? If not, I don't see how it was a mistake. Mistakes have consequences.

Brother-in-law is a life-long pot-smoker and is about the most useless, jobless, 48 year old still-live-at home waste of breath I have ever seen. Perfect for pointing out to my sons,...see, that's what serious pot use does to you. Purely my unscientific opinion.

LOL 48 and living at home w/ his parents is uh, different for sure.:):

At the same time, I could point out countless life long pot-smokers that are way more successful and motivated than you or I.

Again, I have absolutely zero desire to ever ingest THC into my body again, but I'll never judge a contributing member to society that does.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yes, and more.

I used to do about anything and everything I was handed. My favorite was Opium. I was in a real funk for a lot of years over some personal family issues and used drugs to escape. It started when I was only 13. Im not gonna go into detail on my issues, but I felt it was the only escape for me. I watched alot of my "friends" go down the drain and wither into nothing. Some on heroine, some on meth, Others on pharmaceuticals. The only thing that woke me up to what I was doing to myself was when a friend of mines's brother ODed. He nearly died. I walked away from it right then and there. It was the summer before my senior year in High School. Ive been clean ever since and the only bad habbit I took away was Smoking cigarettes, which Im now in the process of quiting.

I was on the honor role in school before I started doing drugs, I was nearly failing after I started. Once I cleaned up I was back on the honor role, got accepted into college and started a new life.

Ive since turned to church, writing poetry, my dog and my fiance to give me strength during weak times.

Ive only ran into 1 of the kids I used to hang out with from back then. It was my friend who's brother ODed. He has cleaned up now too and has a good job and a good life. Some I know have not. My heart goes out to them.

I dont expect any sympathy, I dont waist time on regretting the past. My experiances made me who I am today and Im proud of who I am and the life I have now.

Im not telling you all this for attention or anything like that. I dont hide my past and freely tell anyone who asks that has any real interests in getting clean or the effects of drug use.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Did you end up hurting somebody or something? If not, I don't see how it was a mistake. Mistakes have consequences.

LOL 48 and living at home w/ his parents is uh, different for sure.:):

At the same time, I could point out countless life long pot-smokers that are way more successful and motivated than you or I.

Again, I have absolutely zero desire to ever ingest THC into my body again, but I'll never judge a contributing member to society that does.

I know several people like that myself, I have no idea how they do it but it works for them.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Alcohol is much more dangerous than alot of drugs. Why its legal and pot isnt is beyond me.

I dont do drugs anymore but I do like beer.

I HATE liquor, its by far the easiest to OD on and has the most adverse effects on your body quicker than just about anything else out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Teenager in the 60's and no one was smoking anything but cigeretts. I never had that habit....ever.
    Into the 70's and we were all hippies and it was on. All done and gone by the 80's

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Nope never have and never will, I won't even try alcohol. Then again I despise alcoholic beverages even more, had too many friends drink the stuff then make a bad decision which ended up either getting them or someone else killed.

I also won't even take aspirin unless I really really need it.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The only alcohol I have even thought about trying is wine. Beer and other things just don't interest me. I am a cheap skate so I haven't even tried wine. One reason I don't drink alcohol is my grandparents were involved in an accident where a drunk driver hit them in the early 2000's. My grandpa didn't really age before that. He could do all the things he used to do. After the wreck, he was totally different. I honestly believe had the wreck not happened, he would still be here today (he passed a few years ago). I don't want any family to have to see what happened with my grandpa.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The only reason marijuana is illegal is due to a propaganda campaign perpetrated by the tobacco industry. There are members of society who manage to function perfectly well and also partake of marijuana. On the other hand, there are plenty of useless, jobless people who manage to be a drain of public resources without a drug habit. An addiction is not required to be a deadbeat, all that is needed is a lack of personal responsibility.

And for the record, not everyone smokes pot to escape. Some people do it just to make tv funnier. Fire up a blunt and you'll be lucky to escape the couch.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom