• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    At what point in history would you have the borders closed? When did your ancestors arrive here?
    I’m pretty sure what is meant is to close all physical borders to only allow legal controlled, screened and and vetted immigration. Way back when, most came here through Ellis Island where they were vetted, medically examined/quarantined and THEN allowed in or not.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At what point in history would you have the borders closed? When did your ancestors arrive here?
    I am over the whole idea, that people think is a one up point, that because an individuals ancestors came to the US as immigrants they are hypocrites for wanting the border closed and immigration shut down. It is a stupid argument without any context.

I used to be a control the border guy, but now that bidet has let in twenty years worth, we must assimilate them first, so close it. We have let in too many that chant “death to America”. Were any of our ancestors chanting “death to America”? Our ancestors came here and loved this country, and were processed at places like Ellis isle, not dumped in Texas or Arizona with money from the feds.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    As far as I’ve been able to search takes my family back to the turn of the 18th century as indentured servant. Does that make my comment that speculates a different outcome less meaningful?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    As far as I’ve been able to search takes my family back to the turn of the 18th century as indentured servant. Does that make my comment that speculates a different outcome less meaningful?
    So, you are saying that the country would be better off if your ancestors were not allowed in???

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So, you are saying that the country would be better off if your ancestors were not allowed in???
    Possibly. You can’t prove it wouldn’t have been. The question was seeking opinions. It’s clear there was no way he could be asking for hard factual answers.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I’m pretty sure what is meant is to close all physical borders to only allow legal controlled, screened and and vetted immigration. Way back when, most came here through Ellis Island where they were vetted, medically examined/quarantined and THEN allowed in or not.
    I'm 100% in favor of stopping illegal "immigration", but that's not what I commented on. Read what was said: CLOSED BORDERS.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Also, talking about "native Americans" and "European Colonizers" kind of proves the point that the borders should be enforced.

What happened to the "native Americans" when they allowed the Europeans to come over unchecked?
    Or other tribes, for that matter.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Exactly. Step one is to close the border, full stop. Then evaluate what already crossed into our nation. Then and only then, see about letting in controlled, screened and vetted immigrants. Some small percentage of asylum seekers and then a certain percentage of people who would be beneficial to our nation. F all the people who want to come here and send out money to support economies of other countries.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Clovis people were here from the end of the last ice age, about 13500 years ago. We are awarding possession of Israel to the Jews for a history going back only about 1/4 as far

If you are talking only Homo sapiens in order to be considered to be a native, EVERYBODY is from somewhere else - probably Olduvai

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So it seems that Chicago was trying to coordinate the busses coming in by designating a drop off point and coordinating with the senders (Not sure who exactly, bus company? State officials?) about the timing and who was going to be on the bus. Drop offs were supposed to be made only during daytime work hours.

Then Chicago got frisky last week or two, established a new ordinance, and banned buses from dropping off in the city at all with the threat of seizing the bus and fining the bus owners.

That works great! Now none of the buses are dropping off at the designated spot; Instead bus drivers are dropping illegals off in the suburbs and buying them train tickets into the city. Now the city has no idea how many are arriving or where they are, and have groups of people wandering around all over the place lost.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    So it seems that Chicago was trying to coordinate the busses coming in by designating a drop off point and coordinating with the senders (Not sure who exactly, bus company? State officials?) about the timing and who was going to be on the bus. Drop offs were supposed to be made only during daytime work hours.

Then Chicago got frisky last week or two, established a new ordinance, and banned buses from dropping off in the city at all with the threat of seizing the bus and finding the bus owners.

That works great! Now none of the buses are dropping off at the designated spot; Instead bus drivers are dropping illegals off in the suburbs and buying them train tickets into the city. Now the city has no idea how many are arriving or where they are, and have groups of people wandering around all over the place lost.

I wonder if the fine folks of Chicago that voted for this is now seeing that their party leaders were only using these illegals as a prop for sympathy to get votes?

Top Bottom