• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Double post, but I couldn't help it. I had to respond to JW's trainwreck of a post:

Tell me more about how Obama banned guns. :rolleyes:

Anybody who would claim that Obama and his administration, with their past records and having already floated gun ban trial balloons, aren't bun banners. isn't engaged in serious debate. They are simply engaged in propaganda.

Your statement is untrue, and the rest of your post equally lacking in honest content. Of course, honesty has never been a hallmark of gun banners, or their supporters.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    As long as one other person is enjoying this I consider it worthwhile. :D

Anybody who would claim that Obama and his administration, with their past records and having already floated gun ban trial balloons, aren't bun banners. isn't engaged in serious debate. They are simply engaged in propaganda.

I'm not engaged in serious debate. In order for debate to exist there must be two sides, and you haven't made any claims worth taking seriously. I invite you to do so.

Your statement is untrue, and the rest of your post equally lacking in honest content. Of course, honesty has never been a hallmark of gun banners, or their supporters.

Which statement is untrue? The only claims I made in my post were to the effect that your post was without merit. Your most recent post was likewise without merit. Repeatedly making unsubstantiated claims reflects poorly on you.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If I were really an antagonist you would to be able to find a post less than two weeks old to criticize. Regardless, surely two weeks is adequate time to proofread a post. :dunno:

I have never made an anti-2nd amendment post. I support the second amendment. That does not mean that I subscribe to the beliefs that have come to be called "conservative." Not every gun owner listens to Rush and watches FNC. The fact that you fail to differentiate between supporting the 2nd and supporting the modern construction of conservativism is telling indeed.

I believe that running off shooters who do not embrace conservative dogma is harmful to the shooting community. The 2nd covers all of us without regard for political beliefs. That you are unable to handle dissent on a webforum only serves to reinforce the negative prejudices many hold toward firearm owners.

No, but you do make some generalities about us, which most of don't pertain to me in the least.

I'm Jewish
    I'm from DC and MD suburbs
    I am a Libertarian (:yesway:Personal freedom, :noway:big federal gov)
    I don't oppose gay marriage (who are we to impose our morals on others?)
    Something about Rush makes me want to punch the radio :xmad:

Yes, it covers us all, and for that, I am glad to have you aboard :patriot: The 2nd needs all the help it can get, no matter how safe you think you are from Obama and other anti-gunners ("Republican" and Democrat alike).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tell me more about how Obama banned guns. :rolleyes:

I have no quips with you. I would just like to point out two things for you to research.

obamatard + Joyce Foundation = obamatard is Ex-Board Member. Look up Joyce Foundation to see their connection to Brady Camp, Soros, AWB, Chicago Bans, etc.

obamatard also has a long history of lobbying for stricter gun laws and a voting record for EVERY anti-gun bill to come across his desk.

But you want to know the MAIN reason I want to :bash: obamatard? Well good, I'll tell you. THAT MFER THINKS IT'S OK TO KILL A NEWBORN BABY THAT SURVIVED A FAILED ABORTION ATTEMPT!!!!!!! :wtf:

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    No, but you do make some generalities about us, which most of don't pertain to me in the least.

No I don't. I've made comments about a certain sub-group of gun owners, but I haven't ascribed membership in said sub-group to anyone who hasn't made it clear that they share its values.

I'm Jewish
    I'm from DC and MD suburbs
    I am a Libertarian (:yesway:Personal freedom, :noway:big federal gov)
    I don't oppose gay marriage (who are we to impose our morals on others?)
    Something about Rush makes me want to punch the radio :xmad:

Yes, it covers us all, and for that, I am glad to have you aboard :patriot: The 2nd needs all the help it can get, no matter how safe you think you are from Obama and other anti-gunners ("Republican" and Democrat alike).

I'm glad to see you here as well. I absolutely agree that we need as many gun owners who care about the 2nd as possible. Personally, I don't think we're safe from those who seek to restrict firearm ownership. They'll always be out there, and it is incumbent upon us to maintain vigilance.

I have no quips with you. I would just like to point out two things for you to research.

I like this post already. An honest attempt to offer evidence in support of one's views is a breath of fresh air.

obamatard + Joyce Foundation = obamatard is Ex-Board Member. Look up Joyce Foundation to see their connection to Brady Camp, Soros, AWB, Chicago Bans, etc.

obamatard also has a long history of lobbying for stricter gun laws and a voting record for EVERY anti-gun bill to come across his desk.

Aw, then you had to go and write "obamatard." Really? Can't you just let the facts stand for themselves?

I'm well aware that Obama is not a friend to firearm ownership. The man certainly has significant flaws (e.g., his FISA vote). He does, however, deserve a chance to show us that he has America's best interests in mind. If a new AWB or some other nonsensical attempt to regulate weapons becomes a probable threat I assure you that I will not stay silent, but for the time being the 2nd is not under attack on that front.

But you want to know the MAIN reason I want to :bash: obamatard? Well good, I'll tell you. THAT MFER THINKS IT'S OK TO KILL A NEWBORN BABY THAT SURVIVED A FAILED ABORTION ATTEMPT!!!!!!! :wtf:

That's a heavy accusation. Please provide a verifiable quote to this effect from the man himself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Day 7: Obama Lied About Abortion Record - HUMAN EVENTS

From the link provided said:
    Day 7: Obama Lied About Abortion Record
    by Human Events

08/19/2008

The Obama camp is now acknowledging that Barack Obama lied about his abortion voting record on the Born Alive bill, as reported weeks ago in the New York Times bestseller The Case Against Barack Obama by David Freddoso.

The New York Sun reported that Obama's campaign has admitted that the senator voted against giving medical care to babies born alive after an abortion attempt—a fact that the campaign originally dismissed as a "smear." The reality behind Obama's rhetoric is that he worked against efforts to ban the gruesome practice of leaving babies who survived failed abortions to die. When confronted with the facts, Freddoso says the senator did what is typical among politicians—he lied.

In fact, as Freddoso points out in The Case Against Barack Obama, Obama has made several untrue statements over the course of this debate. While Obama said that he would have supported the federal version of the Born Alive bill if it had come up in Illinois, when it did come up, he in fact did not support it.

Additionally, he falsely accused the National Right to Life Committee, and those who have been pointing out his extreme and cruel position on this issue of being liars. Even in his book, The Audacity of Hope, Obama smears all pro-lifers saying they have discouraged compromise that would reduce the number of partial-birth abortions simply because the image of a partial-birth abortion helps win converts to pro-life groups.

The man wouldn't say it himself. He leaves it to his staff.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

That I'll grant you. It's a common strategy to allow one's staff to take the risk in order to insulate the politician himself. Consider Holder's recent AWB comments. :wallbash:

The data I found on the matter do paint it in a slightly different light. The objection to the bill originated not from a desire to murder infants but rather from an interest in ensuring protecting Roe v. Wade. Branding Obama an eager baby-murderer is a distortion of the facts.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Well IMO I really dont care who Jrogers voted for or supports as long as he is standing up for the 2A and will STAND up for it if asked to, who gives a sh@t who he likes????

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Day 7: Obama Lied About Abortion Record - HUMAN EVENTS

Thank you. I was away cleaning house and trying to hide all my firearms stuff from my Grandparents who are coming down. :): Trust me, I wouldn't hide the stuff if it was my own home. Just doing what I'm told....

ANYWHO....

That's just a snippet. He voted for a bill in ILL that allowed hospitals to KILL babies that were born after a failed abortion. I don't have links to these votes anymore. Sorry. The specific Hospital was St. Something in Chicago, IIRC.

jrogers, if you go back through all my posts in this forum, you will notice I've called him obamatard since his inauguration. I never capitalize his name either. He lost my respect long before he won the election and long before I even knew who he was. He is a very bad man and I shall call him out as such. He has yet to do 5 things good since his Presidency started.

I just heard he wants to cut the F-22 Raptor from the military to save money. :wtf: Seriously? He don't give two sheets about our Security and it shows every time he confronts anything to do with military and anytime he speaks about a foreign Country. He Alienates our Allies and befriends our foes. :n00b:

FWIW, when I spell checked this, the first suggestion for "obamatard" was "bastard"... :laugh:

Top Bottom