• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Interesting. The Speedway B-Dubs is (or at least used to be) the after-party spot for the Friday Night Steel crowd. Never noticed a sign there, and most if not all of us carried (some open, some concealed).

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This reminds me of one time I was waiting tables at TGI Fridays. One of the other waiters was a Marine reservist. He came up to me laughing about a guy with a shoulder rig with what appeared to be a 25 caliber pea shooter. The GM came up to me asking if it was legal. I told him if the guy had a license it was. He went up and told the guy "if you are going to carry at least cover it up my wait staff keeps laughing when they go by and see such a small gun out in the open that I am afraid they are going to drop something." He was embarrased and left.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC at Greenwood BW3 every week, full size Colt 1911, get a lot of positive feedback from the waiters. I know the Manager has seen me on occasion and doesn't say anything.

I'll keep OC'ing there, every week, until I'm asked to leave - Then I'll no longer go there :)

And, as always - I'll be there Thursday night, proudly OC in the bar area around 7:30-9

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't remember seeing a no gun sign anywhere at Simon malls. Not that I look.

Simon Malls are posted in tiny tiny print buried in their "Code Of Conduct" signs at each mall entrance.

He went up and told the guy "if you are going to carry at least cover it up my wait staff keeps laughing when they go by and see such a small gun out in the open that I am afraid they are going to drop something." He was embarrased and left.

Alright, that's pretty funny.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    OC at Greenwood BW3 every week, full size Colt 1911, get a lot of positive feedback from the waiters. I know the Manager has seen me on occasion and doesn't say anything.

I'll keep OC'ing there, every week, until I'm asked to leave - Then I'll no longer go there :)

And, as always - I'll be there Thursday night, proudly OC in the bar area around 7:30-9

i think i may be joining you this thursday in support of my constitutional rights

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    B-Dubs in Brownsburg is less than a year old, & the service there is some of the worst I've ever seen. I went there once with a group of 6 adults, and some guy brought out 2 burgers, and there were 4 people who ordered burgers. When he asked who got the burgers, 4 people raised their hands, so I asked which burgers he was bringing out, & he had no idea what type of burgers he had in his hands. I'll let slide the fact that you don't know which seat they belong to, but not the fact that he couldn't even say what he was binging out.

I've been there 6-8 times in the last year, & only had DECENT service once. Their food is not good enough to put up with crappy service, & this is just icing on the cake.

Same as in Fishers, relatively new store, repeatedly moderate (at best) service. I used to write it off to training new folks but it's been too long for that now. If they get the sign I will not go back.

Too many people compromise now on too many things. Hiding is not the answer.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's exactly what I was about to suggest! +1 for beating me to the punch!!:rockwoot:
    Better yet, write a note to Wings Etc thanking them for their policy on firearms and explain to them why you thank them for that policy. Explain how you found out about Wings Etc (at least for me their pro-law stance is how I found out about them). And tell them why you can no longer patronize BW3. Oh, don't forget to CC BW3 on the email. :D:rockwoot:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Might be a good thing to publish a list of all the businesses that put up "no guns here" signs. Last Christmas I stopped doing business with a jewelery chain store I had patronized for years because they had posted the no gun policy on their front door. I did tell the local mgr. (it went in one ear, picked up speed and exited the other ear I am sure as I am only 1 customer so who cares?). I still needed to buy a gift for the wife so went on to the mall and there was the Simon sign (which I simply ignored out of frustration and holiday stress I guess).

So if we all know where not to shop ahead of time we could direct our business to those who recognize our personal security rights and give businesses who choose the no guns policy a little extra free publicity here.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    picket, picket, oh sorry that might be misconstrued as insighting something, never mind....

Actually the BW3 up here in NW Indiana doesn't have those signs as far as I know, and the Hooters up here in Merrilville lets the Liberty Straight up crowd hold thier get togethers there and OC all the time....

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The Bdubs down here in Clarksville, IN has had their sign up since the building went up. The wife loves their food so we still go, but at the same time I keep it concealed and carry on with my business. Though we also stop in over at another wing place right around the corner of Bdubs called Roosters and they have no signs and never said a word when I have OC'd there. Plus I like their wings and selection better than Bdubs but their service was not up to par.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The Bdubs down here in Clarksville, IN has had their sign up since the building went up. The wife loves their food so we still go, but at the same time I keep it concealed and carry on with my business. Though we also stop in over at another wing place right around the corner of Bdubs called Roosters and they have no signs and never said a word when I have OC'd there. Plus I like their wings and selection better than Bdubs but their service was not up to par.

The Bdubs with the sign...have you tried to OC there?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    in was just at a bdubs last night and my friend was open carrying his glock...not a single problem

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Not a problem for me since I never eat there but if I did I would just carry in my purse like I mostly do anyway. Yes I know that would be breaking their rule but like I said I do not eat there anyway.

Top Bottom