• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Here is an email that was sent to me via a friend who attends BSU, He has tried to get special permission to carry from the police department.. (which the BSU hand book says can happen, from the director of security which is the police chief) But this should be reason enough.. Yet they assure him he doesn't need one and to remember the phone numbers to call in case of an emergency. Thoughts?

CAUTION: Student assaulted two blocks east of Kinghorn hall Public Safety Notice Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:35 AM
    In the early morning hours in the 1200 block of W. Marsh Street, a male student was attacked without provocation by two male assailants. One suspect was described as African American, approximately 6 ft tall with a heavy build. Another was described as African American, approximately 6 ft tall with a slender build. No weapon was reported to have been at the scene.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]University Police encourage students, faculty, and staff to remain vigilant about practicing good safety habits. Do not walk alone at night. When walking at night, remain aware of your surroundings and avoid distractions such as talking on a cell phone or listening to music. If you see suspicious activity, report it to campus police immediately by calling 765-285-1111.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Charlie’s Charter provides free transportation on a first come, first served basis on university-owned or controlled property. For a ride, call 765-760-RIDE (7433) or 765-285-5005. For more information, visit http://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/ParkingServices/Services/CharliesCharter.aspx.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]________________________[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Public safety notices are sent when students, faculty, and staff would benefit from official information about incidents on or near campus that might lead individuals to be more cautious or aware of their surroundings. These messages, sent via e-mail, call for no specific action and simply raise awareness, remind individuals to practice good safety habits, or mitigate rumors. Visit Ball State University - Emergency Preparedness for more information.[/FONT]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here is an email that was sent to me via a friend who attends BSU, He has tried to get special permission to carry from the police department.. (which the BSU hand book says can happen, from the director of security which is the police chief) But this should be reason enough.. Yet they assure him he doesn't need one and to remember the phone numbers to call in case of an emergency. Thoughts?

CAUTION: Student assaulted two blocks east of Kinghorn hall Public Safety Notice Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:35 AM
    In the early morning hours in the 1200 block of W. Marsh Street, a male student was attacked without provocation by two male assailants. One suspect was described as African American, approximately 6 ft tall with a heavy build. Another was described as African American, approximately 6 ft tall with a slender build. No weapon was reported to have been at the scene.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]University Police encourage students, faculty, and staff to remain vigilant about practicing good safety habits. Do not walk alone at night. When walking at night, remain aware of your surroundings and avoid distractions such as talking on a cell phone or listening to music. If you see suspicious activity, report it to campus police immediately by calling 765-285-1111.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Charlie’s Charter provides free transportation on a first come, first served basis on university-owned or controlled property. For a ride, call 765-760-RIDE (7433) or 765-285-5005. For more information, visit http://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/ParkingServices/Services/CharliesCharter.aspx.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]________________________[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Public safety notices are sent when students, faculty, and staff would benefit from official information about incidents on or near campus that might lead individuals to be more cautious or aware of their surroundings. These messages, sent via e-mail, call for no specific action and simply raise awareness, remind individuals to practice good safety habits, or mitigate rumors. Visit Ball State University - Emergency Preparedness for more information.[/FONT]

Funny how the 'special ones' can talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's not illegal to carry on the BSU campus. Just don't get caught or you could be expelled.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    University Police encourage students, faculty, and staff to remain vigilant about practicing good safety habits.

Read between the lines, my friend. Read between the lines and practice good safety habits:D

(but heed Scutter's warning!)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Any thoughts?

Yes.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Gun free zones have been shown to be extremely dangerous, even deadly. I always do my best to never be in an area free of firearms.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just tell the police chief that you know that banning firearms on campus works. Tell him the president of Virginia Tech was bragging about how safe his campus was because he banned firearms, just two weeks before the massacre.

Almost didn't purple it.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    In discussing BSU, there may be a slight problem. The Indiana Academy and Burris School are both located on campus. The Academy is a school for gifted high school junior and seniors. Burris is a k-12 school. According to the BSU website, both schools are separate school systems and the BSU Board of Trustees acts as the school board.

So, is the entire campus off-limits or just the buildings housing these two k-12 schools?

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    In discussing BSU, there may be a slight problem. The Indiana Academy and Burris School are both located on campus. The Academy is a school for gifted high school junior and seniors. Burris is a k-12 school. According to the BSU website, both schools are separate school systems and the BSU Board of Trustees acts as the school board.

So, is the entire campus off-limits or just the buildings housing these two k-12 schools?

For what its worth, they're both located in one building and its relatively on the edge of campus.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    the daycare/preschool is its own building, totally legal to carry at BSU. just can't go into the high school dorms or the daycare building.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    These shooting sprees on college campus's seem to drag on, execution style, until the first "good guy" weapon shows up on scene.

I think this whole anti-gun policy needs to be reconsidered for colleges, and faculty of high schools, in my opinion.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    When I was at BSU I had guns in my dorm, car and on me. I never knew we could request permission because I did not give a **** enough to even ask about that fact.

Top Bottom