BRK: ISIS kills Brit Alan Henning. Name Indiana native Peter Kassig next victim.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I personally believe if you want to help people in need there are plenty here in the good ole USA. I personally don't feel sorry as he knew the risks of what was coming. If we'd keep our noses out of everybody elses buisness and took care of our own problems this country would be a much better place

Maybe I'm calloused but I'm having a hard time caring about another beheading . My give a damn seems completely busted when it concerns this topic .

IMO , this is no different than a guy just standing on train tracks or holding a long copper rod in an electrical storm , you gotta know what's coming .

Aren't we giving them what they want by continuously talking about this ?
    two fine examples of missing the forest for the trees.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Why don't you just share your knowledge and help others understand a little better so you don't have to continue insulting them.

I generally have been using the net for about 20 mins a day. That is not even close to enough time to have a conversation about most subjects the way I type.
    My point is always that it's easy to say what you would do from the comfort of your warm home etc than after being in that type of situation for any length of time. One point for example: how many fake executions do you think these guys have gone thru during their captivity? Sleep deprivation? Beatings? Threats? Every body has a breaking point where they just say **** it or they accept the fact that they are going to die, get right with their God and die with dignity.

Bob

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I generally have been using the net for about 20 mins a day. That is not even close to enough time to have a conversation about most subjects the way I type.
    My point is always that it's easy to say what you would do from the comfort of your warm home etc than after being in that type of situation for any length of time. One point for example: how many fake executions do you think these guys have gone thru during their captivity? Sleep deprivation? Beatings? Threats? Every body has a breaking point where they just say **** it or they accept the fact that they are going to die, get right with their God and die with dignity.

Bob
    Hey, look. You just did it. I bet it took less than 20 minutes too. :):

The reason they behave they way they are is because they still have hope they can get out alive. Period. All the other stuff is extraneous. Hope breeds compliance. I've already accepted that capture equals death. Which does make it easy to decide from the comfort of my home what my response would be.

Why doesn't anybody ever second guess the pre-determined choice to fight to the death in a home invasion?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Casualties of war is acceptable for the greater good.
    Collateral damage is an inescapable part of these casualties.

War is not murder.

Gnawing through the neck of an innocent, unarmed victim with a small knife - IS murder.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey, look. You just did it. I bet it took less than 20 minutes too. :):

The reason they behave they way they are is because they still have hope they can get out alive. Period. All the other stuff is extraneous. Hope breeds compliance. I've already accepted that capture equals death. Which does make it easy to decide from the comfort of my home what my response would be.

Why doesn't anybody ever second guess the pre-determined choice to fight to the death in a home invasion?
    For the record they do let some captives go. I'm sure though the current captives never know for sure the true story. They'd have to kill me when they tried to take me. I wouldn't submit to cowards.

we have become a scared PC nation. I would gladly turn that country and several others into glass. They declared war on us first. They kill thousands if innocent people in the name of (you know what). They would gladly come here and try to kill us. If I had to nuke them to ensure Americas safety I wouldn't bat an eye!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I told Mrs. Miguel that if I were taken hostage to make a video of her and the boys eating brats with bacon on them and to tell them to kill me for the insurance money.

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I have known Peter Kassig his whole life. His father was my biology teacher at George Washington High School in Indianapolis (1978-1982). His father and I have hunted and fished together for over 35 years now.

The Kassigs are good, salt of the earth people. I have always said that if anything ever happened to both parents of my children, I'd want Ed and Paula Kassig to raise my children.

I'm sure Peter knew the dangers of his chosen path; however, he chose to forge ahead to try and make a difference in the world. To dedicate his life to a cause greater than his self. In the end, this dedication may cost him his life. I pray that it does not. You can sit in the comfort of your easy chair and second guess his choices, his religion, and his politics, but you'll never be able to question his character or what he stood for. I remember the speech that coach Bob Springer gave to my freshman class in 1978. He said, "If you don't stand for something, if you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for everything". Peter stood for something. Peter believed in something. You have to respect him and admire him for that, no matter how you feel about everything else.

I think the following article and comments sum the whole situation up very well. Please take a moment to read it. Then take a moment to say a prayer for Peter . . . . . .

I Knew ISIS Captive Peter Kassig- And Yes, He Was a Ranger ? The Havok Journal

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Round up and threaten to kill his whole family if he doesn't release the other hostages. If he hurts them kill his family. Keep doing that for every known terrorist until they're all dead or captured. Time to stop playing nice. ****s real. This is war. Let's play dirty.

On one hand I get what you're saying but on the other I have to wonder when should we let Darwin kick in ?

I mean , these guys going over there HAVE to know that this sort of thing can happen . Do we really need another war over this ?
    If you climb mount whatever and get stuck , I have no problem letting you die there .

If you jump the fence of the lion cage and get mauled , I'm not gonna be mad at the lion .

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I have known Peter Kassig his whole life. His father was my biology teacher at George Washington High School in Indianapolis (1978-1982). His father and I have hunted and fished together for over 35 years now.

The Kassigs are good, salt of the earth people. I have always said that if anything ever happened to both parents of my children, I'd want Ed and Paula Kassig to raise my children.

I'm sure Peter knew the dangers of his chosen path; however, he chose to forge ahead to try and make a difference in the world. To dedicate his life to a cause greater than his self. In the end, this dedication may cost him his life. I pray that it does not. You can sit in the comfort of your easy chair and second guess his choices, his religion, and his politics, but you'll never be able to question his character or what he stood for. I remember the speech that coach Bob Springer gave to my freshman class in 1978. He said, "If you don't stand for something, if you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for everything". Peter stood for something. Peter believed in something. You have to respect him and admire him for that, no matter how you feel about everything else.

I think the following article and comments sum the whole situation up very well. Please take a moment to read it. Then take a moment to say a prayer for Peter . . . . . .

I Knew ISIS Captive Peter Kassig- And Yes, He Was a Ranger ? The Havok Journal

Good article. Thank you Fred.

Top Bottom