BRK: ISIS kills Brit Alan Henning. Name Indiana native Peter Kassig next victim.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have known Peter Kassig his whole life. His father was my biology teacher at George Washington High School in Indianapolis (1978-1982). His father and I have hunted and fished together for over 35 years now.

The Kassigs are good, salt of the earth people. I have always said that if anything ever happened to both parents of my children, I'd want Ed and Paula Kassig to raise my children.

I'm sure Peter knew the dangers of his chosen path; however, he chose to forge ahead to try and make a difference in the world. To dedicate his life to a cause greater than his self. In the end, this dedication may cost him his life. I pray that it does not. You can sit in the comfort of your easy chair and second guess his choices, his religion, and his politics, but you'll never be able to question his character or what he stood for. I remember the speech that coach Bob Springer gave to my freshman class in 1978. He said, "If you don't stand for something, if you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for everything". Peter stood for something. Peter believed in something. You have to respect him and admire him for that, no matter how you feel about everything else.

I think the following article and comments sum the whole situation up very well. Please take a moment to read it. Then take a moment to say a prayer for Peter . . . . . .

I Knew ISIS Captive Peter Kassig- And Yes, He Was a Ranger ? The Havok Journal
    Fred, I was the one who stated he probably knew what he was getting in to! That was NOT meant as a slight to demean him, just that, as a Ranger, he, better than most knew exactly what he was getting in to! I was a Regular Joe MP, and I would NEVER go back without a bigger gun! He thought he was doing the right thing, and I do not fault him for it. It is unfortunate that the animals that have him, do not give two ****s about the good he as trying to do!

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Fred, I was the one who stated he probably knew what he was getting in to! That was NOT meant as a slight to demean him, just that, as a Ranger, he, better than most knew exactly what he was getting in to! I was a Regular Joe MP, and I would NEVER go back without a bigger gun! He thought he was doing the right thing, and I do not fault him for it. It is unfortunate that the animals that have him, do not give two ****s about the good he as trying to do!

Vigilant;

I understand what you're saying. It was not necessarily directed at you either. There are just a lot of people, who have never done a single thing that they were not going to receive the greater benefit from, talking about something they know absolutely nothing about. You're certainly not one of them as proven by your service to your country. I guess that's to be expected though.

Thank you for your reply....

Fred

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unconfirmed reports that Peter Kassig has been killed. This would coincide with the current ISIS terror attack in Canada going on right now...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Ours is a world governed by the use of force. We may like it, we may not. But we cannot escape that fact.

The only way to stop this is to make those who would harm our people hurt and hurt badly. Every time that they do it.

These terrorists will not stop until forced to.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ours is a world governed by the use of force. We may like it, we may not. But we cannot escape that fact.

The only way to stop this is to make those who would harm our people hurt and hurt badly. Every time that they do it.

These terrorists will not stop until forced to.

no politician would say this, no politician would follow through on this today. You are right. Doesnt matter to them, the very mention of war gets you destroyed in the media and no politician would do whats necessary today. therefore this will continue to grow out of control, who knows how many years will go by until its too late.

Top Bottom