• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There will always be risks involved with freedom. Freedom to drive a car, freedom to own a gun, freedom to be a free person.

People will commit crimes with those freedoms. It's the cost of being free.

True enough. No reason for a government to abdicate its responsibility to provide a modicum of security for its citizens. Especially regarding people who have no. inherent. right. to. be. here.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So no slums where unemployment rate is high? What's the makeup of stated slums?

Where court is held outside of the normal system even though it's French law (we have one state that has French law).

What about the camps set on fire a few weeks ago?

At least you watch Fox News that a good sign.

We could send you this place called Chicago its great very peace loving population!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    What is your magical vetting process to know that someone is not going to commit mass murder in the near or far future?

And I'm not just talking about immigrants.

Just look at that guy who shot the Russian ambassador today.He was a police officer, we could imagine he went thru various background checks before being allowed to carry a gun in public.

Even in the US you have cases of police officers who are serial killers, US soldiers who commit mass shootings and murder their fellow brothers in arms etc.

Do you just stop trusting all the people from a specific group (being immigrants or Americans) because some are potentially dangerous?

I personally met some of those refugees, none of them tried to kill me in the name of their religion (not that we talked about religion so they could have been atheists for all I know) so they are clearly not all evil.

Certainly they're not. And I can't speak for everyone, Sylvain, but I never said they were. My view is this: we already have plenty of people in the U.S. The Federal Government has a system for allocating how many more from each country are allowed to come in each year. That is to say, immigration is _limited_. But in America (as is also the case in Europe) we have received policy which seems to ignore these laws (which were put in place for good reason), and seems to be inspired by the view that immigration should be unlimited, or at least not very seriously enforced. And in many cases, the people who believe this will not "show their face" in public and defend their position, but rather choose to sit back in the shadows, picking nits with people who want less immigration, calling them racists, idiots, or the like, whether actually deserved or not.

We are a nation of immigrants. And back in Cleveland, we did not have a problem with the Arab guy who runs the deli, or the Indian guy at the convenience store down the street, or the ______, or the _____, or the, or the, etc., etc. But lately, we see a particular sort of Angela Merkel "Theological Utopian" viewpoint getting started in the world, which we believe is dangerous, and which holds that these people have a moral entitlement to come here. They do not. They may be lucky, but not entitled. There is a difference. America's immigration policy, which is to say our set of limits, has different properties at different times, depending on what we feel our needs and interests to be at the time. The "rights" of those people to come here do not enter into it in any way.

Between the early 1800s and World War 2, America's population doubled or tripled every 40 to 50 years. America had a small population, lots of empty space, lots of natural resources, and was basically a big, empty country that needed people to run it. It needed to be filled up. That is not the case anymore. We are increasingly crowded, our resources are increasingly strained, and we have trouble providing jobs for the people we already have. And we are tired of people using arguments about things that happened in the 1840s and 1920s to justify stuffing more people in here _now_. We have to draw the line somewhere. Many people will, by necessity, have to fall on the "wrong" side of that line. And when we start making that long, long list of people who are not going to be allowed here, a list which will have many, many names, many of us see nothing controversial with placing a large number of people from places like Syria right at the top of that list. We don't need a reason. We're full. We agree to take the number set by law each year, and that's it. You must understand this: it is not a moral issue for us. It is a _practical_ issue. We are tired of people taking practical issues, and falsely manipulating them into moral ones. We are not the flophouse to the world.

We appreciate the pretty statue your country gave us to put in our harbor, Sylvain. And it got some nice stuff carved on it...once upon a time. A different time, as I mentioned above. But that statue is a piece of art. And the country which gave us that art is now embroiled in discussions about things like not letting women wear burkinis at the beach. Our art and our founding documents describe lofty concepts of government which our ancestors struggled for generations to establish. We established these things with laws. We believe laws should be obeyed. And we're totally cool with other countries struggling for however long necessary to do the same thing! But if their citizens simply all decide they want to short-circuit that process and just come here, where it's already done for them, well...that's kind of a non-starter for many folks here. I hope you understand.

Clearly, it is ok on INGO to say that all Muslims are terrorists or cultists, with all that entails...

It's ok Lex, I'll cut you some slack. I know you're having a bad day. That Electoral College thing is a Bish (Paul Ryan's turn will come, someday. I promise).

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So no slums where unemployment rate is high? What's the makeup of stated slums?

Where court is held outside of the normal system even though it's French law (we have one state that has French law).

What about the camps set on fire a few weeks ago?

At least you watch Fox News that a good sign.

I don't watch Fox News.
    I just know about it because the mayor or Paris threatened to sue Fox News over this, and they finally said there was no proof wathsoever those so called "no go zones" excited.
    They fired the guy who reported them wrongly.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Europe is so screwed

C0GTWSsUkAIzauG.jpg:large

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There will always be risks involved with freedom. Freedom to drive a car, freedom to own a gun, freedom to be a free person.

People will commit crimes with those freedoms. It's the cost of being free.

Agreed. The problem comes when some insist that those charged with attempting to prevent those crimes are bound, gagged, deafened and their short term memory deleted so every attack can be considered an isolated event to preserve the morally superior position of political correctness. I don't believe all Muslims pose a threat to our country but I'm not so "well educated" that I'll ignore the proclivity demonstrated by many with common beliefs over the past two decades.

Should Muslims be round up and put into camps in this country? No
    Should Islam be banned in this country? No
    Is it reasonable to refuse admittance to this country to people who share the same beliefs and come from the same places as those who have committed atrocities around the globe in recent years? Absolutely it is.

Muslims now make up near 25% of the world's population. If being viewed as a peaceful ideology becomes a priority for enough of them I would expect some sort of orchestrated attempt at eliminating or at least distancing themselves from the dangerous among their ranks. Is it "fair" to deny privileges to some based on the actions of others who share their views? Nope but we deal with the same thing every day of our lives, life isn't fair get over it.

I'm capable of driving safely at 90mph, I don't get to because others can't drive as well as I can.
    I should be able to take a narcotic pain killer whenever I need one, I don't get to because others abuse them.
    I can't distill my own alcohol because some can't avoid blowing themselves up doing it.
    I can't buy a machinegun at Walmart because too many in this country can't be trusted to use one responsibly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Merkel is blubbering all over television, telling the German people that he is "shocked" and "disappointed" that the murderer was a refugee. As if she did not know what was going to happen.

She sold her people out for 30 pieces of silver to pay for the Welfare State that she uses to keep herself and her party in power at the expense of continual violence directed at the German people.

Berlin lorry attack: Angela Merkel 'shocked and devastated' - BBC News

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it is funny listening to some of the talking heads on TV that seem to imply that if only we defeat ISIS/ISIL, then all these troubles will suddenly disappear...

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    She sold her people out for 30 pieces of silver to pay for the Welfare State that she uses to keep herself and her party in power at the expense of continual violence directed at the German people.

Could you clarify this? How is Germany making money from letting all those people in?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Get a copy of the Qur'ran. Read it. There is no other option in the complete obedience to the teachings than to become a violent combatant against all that is not the teachings.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Could you clarify this? How is Germany making money from letting all those people in?

They are the New Germans. Look at Germany's replacement rate. Now look at the enormity of the German Welfare State. Taxes galore.

Germany needs new batteries to keep the powers that be in their positions of power. "Guestworkers" have long been used for this purpose--Turks, Slavs, etc.

Merkel's plan was to import Muslims and then confine them to ghettos and have them work to support the welfare state.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I think he meant that like the way politicians do here in the states, the Merkel and her party use the welfare state and being year-round Santa Claus to keep the votes coming in and staying in power.

Top Bottom