Cnmj7u2WgAAvoDp.jpg:large

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So can I call conservatives that say similar to things the KKK, Klan-ish (/purple). I mean that's the logic we're using right? The Klan has lots of conservative talking points, outside their racial rhetoric, is it fair to call those that disavow the klan, who aren't racists, and yet have similar stances on certain things, klan-ish?

kut (doesn't think so, and points out flawed logic)

Unrelated, but I thought I would mention it here: I want to give President Obama credit where it is due. I haven't heard or read the entirety of his comments, but given what I did read, I have to say that he made entirely appropriate remarks about today's attack. Sure, there was the usual "we don't know the motive", but he didn't attempt to politicize the attack, didn't call for gun control, and actually addressed the situation with appropriate tone and content.

Chip (who is highly critical of most of what Obama says and does, but tries to give credit where it is due - and who is blatantly stealing Kut's valediction method)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Unrelated, but I thought I would mention it here: I want to give President Obama credit where it is due. I haven't heard or read the entirety of his comments, but given what I did read, I have to say that he made entirely appropriate remarks about today's attack. Sure, there was the usual "we don't know the motive", but he didn't attempt to politicize the attack, didn't call for gun control, and actually addressed the situation with appropriate tone and content.

Chip (who is highly critical of most of what Obama says and does, but tries to give credit where it is due - and who is blatantly stealing Kut's valediction method)

i notice that as well (no gun comment). Honestly, he really just looked tired.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Military Service info on the alleged shooter...

Cnmq9bHWAAAYN8-.jpg

Exactly 5 years active duty. 4 year enlistment and a 12 month extension maybe, just seems odd. Not as odd as honorable discharge and murdering Cops, we've seen that twice now.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmm. Why the different response to this shooting than the one in Dallas? I know....one of the B.R. officers murdered was black. His give a **** switch must have been flipped on as a result.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Wow, so we just got back from a long weekend away, and there was another attack in France, a Coup in Turkey, and this. RIP to the Officers who lost their lives today. :( Very sad last few days, and weeks.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Exactly 5 years active duty. 4 year enlistment and a 12 month extension maybe, just seems odd. Not as odd as honorable discharge and murdering Cops, we've seen that twice now.

My initial Active Duty tour was 5 years and 7 months. Originally started out as a 4 year enlistment. Extended for a 3 year PCS to the UK with a follow-on 6 month PCS to Idaho.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So, even worse, then: police are being assaulted at a constant rate, while the overall population rate of such assaults continues to decline.

With firearms, pretty much. There are up years and down years but there's no discernible trend. It just bounces up and down a bit. There is a general decline in assaults, but the lion's share is in unarmed assaults. I suspect the Taser may help explain those dropping numbers. Thugs knew you couldn't shoot them for punching you. Now they know you can Tase them for acting aggressively and Tasing really hurts. When Tasers were knew you could instantly tell when you were dealing with someone who'd already been Tased by a different officer for fighting, as they were quick to mention it and tell you they were cooperative today.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I will wait and see, but a colleague from that area is talking about a shootout that happened between two men prior to the police showing up that hasn't been reported yet. It sounded like something that should have been reported already.
    Alpo referenced a report to that effect from the huff post a couple pages back which was largely dismissed based on the source. Haven't heard anything further about it till your post.

Top Bottom