• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've never thought that Kut was an Obama supporter, but I could be wrong. I always just got the impression he found the African/uglymanwife/onlypresbecauseblack/onlycaresaboutblackmuslims stuff to be offensive.

You're not wrong. I have no love for the political views of the man, BUT. I'm going to give him a fair shake when crazy claims are made about him. Obama has not called police terrorists, racists, or criminals. The worst I have heard him say was that "police acted stupidly," in relation to the Gates fiasco. That was a bad move. But he has NOT fanned the flames of violence against police.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You're not wrong. I have no love for the political views of the man, BUT. I'm going to give him a fair shake when crazy claims are made about him. Obama has not called police terrorists, racists, or criminals. The worst I have heard him say was that "police acted stupidly," in relation to the Gates fiasco. That was a bad move. But he has NOT fanned the flames of violence against police.

Without direct connections, we're all making subjective statements. What if one of the shooters actually intimated "Obama made him do it". What would one say then?

I won't insult Kut about being on meds or the like. I think we are adults and should make our arguments without silly insults. I contend the President's demeanor has been consistently empowering to those who are now declaring war on cops. Tonight was tepid but the first time Obama has toned down his own rhetoric (including calls for more gun control). Maybe his advisors see this as damaging Hillary's poll numbers and he's listening to them.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Without direct connections, we're all making subjective statements. What if one of the shooters actually intimated "Obama made him do it". What would one say then?

I won't insult Kut about being on meds or the like. I think we are adults and should make our arguments without silly insults. I contend the President's demeanor has been consistently empowering to those who are now declaring war on cops. Tonight was tepid but the first time Obama has toned down his own rhetoric (including calls for more gun control). Maybe his advisors see this as damaging Hillary's poll numbers and he's listening to them.

It was meant as light hearted, and I believe he took it that way. This is the breakroom after all, just trying to lighten things up.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'll say it. The problem isn't black. The problem isn't white. Not blue. Or red. Or green. Or purple. The problem isn't racism or terrorism. All of the turmoil in the nation and abroad is a sympton. The problem is sin. Sin is bound in the heart of men. Until men deal with sin, it will not get better.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll say it. The problem isn't black. The problem isn't white. Not blue. Or red. Or green. Or purple. The problem isn't racism or terrorism. All of the turmoil in the nation and abroad is a sympton. The problem is sin. Sin is bound in the heart of men. Until men deal with sin, it will not get better.

QFT

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Let me give you some examples. I post these in another thread, but I didn't attribute them to anybody:

But the larger fact is that we all have the feeling, I think, that it probably wouldn't have happened, as I said, if it had been a white, young man in a white neighborhood under the same facts.

-President W. Clinton

Now let's talk about the beating of Rodney King, because beyond the urgent need to restore order is the second issue, the question of justice: Whether Rodney King's Federal civil rights were violated. What you saw and what I saw on the TV video was revolting. I felt anger. I felt pain. I thought: How can I explain this to my grandchildren?
    Civil rights leaders and just plain citizens fearful of and sometimes victimized by police brutality were deeply hurt. And I know good and decent policemen who were equally appalled.
    I spoke this morning to many leaders of the civil rights community. And they saw the video, as we all did. For 14 months they waited patiently, hopefully. They waited for the system to work. And when the verdict came in, they felt betrayed. Viewed from outside the trial, it was hard to understand how the verdict could possibly square with the video. Those civil rights leaders with whom I met were stunned. And so was I, and so was Barbara, and so were my kids. But the verdict Wednesday was not the end of the process. The Department of Justice had started its own investigation immediately after the Rodney King incident and was monitoring the State investigation and trial. And so let me tell you what actions we are taking on the Federal level to ensure that justice is served.

-President HW Bush

If Obama had said any of the above, an angry mob would have marched to the White House and crucified him. How many officers were killed in these years.
    In 2000, the year Clinton made his statement, 162 officers were killed. In 1992, the year bush made his statement, 161 officers were killed.
    -For Obama:
    2012 (year of Trayvon Martin) - 131
    2014 (year of Mike Brown and Eric Garner) - 122

Did anyone assign blame to the presidents for their statements? I can't find any... and you know I looked. Their statements call into question the professionalism and ability of officers in much more blatant way. They don't pull any punches. So where's the disconnect. Is it only unacceptable for Obama, to comment on these instances? From being on INGO, I hear it is... so why was it acceptable for the other guys, who were way more abrasive?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Way more abrasive is, again, subjective. I described a pattern of behavior by Obama. With all due respect, you pulled one quote from each of Obama's predecessors. Not equivalent in my book. I used the word "prematurely" with regard to Obama's statements. The President's rhetoric after the Cambridge PD incident, the Trayvon Martin shooting, and "Hands up, don't shoot" false narrative are examples. Yes, a pattern.

Obama is not a leader, he's an ideologue and an instigator whose demeanor is far beneath the office he holds.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Way more abrasive is, again, subjective. I described a pattern of behavior by Obama. With all due respect, you pulled one quote from each of Obama's predecessors. Not equivalent in my book. I used the word "prematurely" with regard to Obama's statements. The President's rhetoric after the Cambridge PD incident, the Trayvon Martin shooting, and "Hands up, don't shoot" false narrative are examples. Yes, a pattern.

Obama is not a leader, he's an ideologue and an instigator whose demeanor is far beneath the office he holds.

You don't think the internet would break if Obama had said "if this had been a white kid in a white neighborhood, this probably would've happened"?
    -or-

"I was shocked at the verdict, the acquittal of the officers shocked me, Michelle, and our kids."?

I can't image the hysteria those comments would inspire.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Bro, one can say Obama has said some unflattering things about police, said some things he should not have said, said some downright stupid things.... but to say that he PROVOKED the murder of 5 officers in Dallas, and 2 officers in Baton Rouge, is ABSOLUTELYF'NRIDICULOUS. ******* ridiculous. I think we have a pretty good idea what provoked the shooters... the shooting of the guy in Minnesota and Louisiana. Their affiliation with fringe black separatist groups. Hell, I can even agree that the rhetoric of some BLM supporters had a hand in this... but Obama? As an officer with as much footing and love for my fellow officers as anyone on her, I say no.

I'm about 85-90% with you on this statement.( I mean I aint a cop either). I agree to blame him is a stretch. To say some of BLM people have some rhetoric to tone down is true as well, which you acknowledged. Like I said there's much truth in what you said. And you ain't no Sharpton.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Alpo referenced a report to that effect from the huff post a couple pages back which was largely dismissed based on the source. Haven't heard anything further about it till your post.

The source was WBNA TV in Baton Rouge, obtained from an alleged witness.

It was early in the news cycle and may be totally wrong, but two reports I read said the same thing: drug deal gone bad, cops walked in on a shootout.

Top Bottom