• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Pictures of all three officers killed in today's attack.

RIP Officers Jackson, Gerald and Garafola...:(

rgJNkNj.jpg

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Why is the rate of violence against police changing only half the rate of change of violence against the population as a whole?
    Because the rate of police and policing is changing.

I haven't crunched the numbers - and don't really care - but basically there are more cops now than ever before and they're being paid by fedgov to do more policing. You used to have Andy and Barney walking the beat in small town America but now you have US Post Office SWAT teams serving warrants. Kick in more doors, get shot more often. Simple numbers, really.

I'm a firm believer in all this being nothing more than trumped up emotion by the media's misrepresentation of the frequency of incidents and certain factions of government (like the current administration) using it to perpetuate the status quo. They want more government and they want more people hooked on government. Pretend the world is dangerous and you'll get more money to fight the bad guys. Keep folks hooked on governmnet programs and you'll need other government programs to take care of all that bad people they create.

It's a vicious cycle and it's built on greed, propped up by the ignorant, and perpetuated by those who want no responsibility.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One of my students just announced that his relative (cousin/uncle?) was one of the officers killed in Baton Rouge.

Montrell Jackson identified as one of Baton Rouge officers killed in attack | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

For what it is worth, Que: prayers for him and his family.

Thanks, Chip. I will reach out to him tomorrow. He is an athlete, so I suspect he will be cared for, but I will make sure.

Condolences to the officer's family. :(

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am broken up right now. I work with a lot of LE and my Dad was a retired LE. Having lived through the sixties, I am beginning to see a lot of similarities to the summer of "68". There were nights when we didn't know if Dad would make it home from his shift. My prayers go out to the families of the fallen officers and my heart breaks for the children who will grow up without Daddy's. :(

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "These are trying times. Please don't let hate infect your heart" (Montrell Jackson). Rest in peace. Prayers for all of the fallen officers and all who have been directly affected by this senseless act.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is there any breaking news yet? I just spoke with someone who provided a different story about all of this, but I've not read it on here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They were murdered by someone who has been force fed a lie.
    BLM started and perpetuates the lie of hands up don't shoot.
    **** stirring and this is the result. Same with oblamea.
    The PRESIDENT says America is systematically racist. Does that help or hinder the situation?

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Is there any breaking news yet? I just spoke with someone who provided a different story about all of this, but I've not read it on here.

Just checked all my sources and did not see anything "breaking" on the sites. Curious what the different story is?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thus, my use of "BLM-ish". He may not have considered himself a part of the movement (i acknowledge that), but he said and acted similar enough to the movement for me to consider him to have similar values.

That's just me. Doesn't matter to anyone else.

So can I call conservatives that say similar to things the KKK, Klan-ish (/purple). I mean that's the logic we're using right? The Klan has lots of conservative talking points, outside their racial rhetoric, is it fair to call those that disavow the klan, who aren't racists, and yet have similar stances on certain things, klan-ish?

kut (doesn't think so, and points out flawed logic)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom