Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Me too. I don't care what they identify as, if they're plumbed like a woman, they're stewardesses, and if plumbed like a man, stewards. If I can't tell, I just say, "Hey you! I need a refill over here."
    You can't say "Hey you!" You are attempting to marginalize them. You must recognize their identities properly. Whatever they wish them to be.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If history is any indicator we are going to have more than a few more cases of fools like this. It took the country a while to get the message after Loving v. Virginia. Some people are too stupid to learn from history and precedent.

Kentucky Clerk Refusing Marriage Licenses: What History Says

Loving did not remotely address same-sex marriage, but other than that small distinction...

So, when is the SCOTUS going to strike down anti-polygamy laws? What's the big delay?

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    If history is any indicator we are going to have more than a few more cases of fools like this. It took the country a while to get the message after Loving v. Virginia. Some people are too stupid to learn from history and precedent.

Seems like a massive waste of taxpayer resources. We could have all looked at Loving, seen where this was going from the outset, and not pissed away a lot of time and money.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    mrjarrell said:

Sometimes I forget that people are irrational enough to compare gay marriage to interracial marriage. Time somehow managed to play the 'race card' in an issue that has nothing to do with race, painting every Biblical Christian as equivalent to a racist. Impressive.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes I forget that people are irrational enough to compare gay marriage to interracial marriage. Time somehow managed to play the 'race card' in an issue that has nothing to do with race, painting every Biblical Christian as equivalent to a racist. Impressive.

What's the difference? (Gay vs. interracial marriage, that is, not Christians vs. racists.)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Lowe0 said:
    What's the difference? (Gay vs. interracial marriage, that is, not Christians vs. racists.)

One is contrary to scripture. The other is not.

There were specific groups that the Jews were not allowed to intermarry in the Old Testament, but that was because of the pagan belief systems embraced by those groups. Not because of their skin color.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    One is contrary to scripture. The other is not.

There were specific groups that the Jews were not allowed to intermarry in the Old Testament, but that was because of the pagan belief systems embraced by those groups. Not because of their skin color.

Why should scripture determine whether something is legal? Whose scripture should be authoritative, and why?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Lowe0 said:
    Why should scripture determine whether something is legal? Whose scripture should be authoritative, and why?

I don't think that it should. I haven't said that it should. I am saying that one is a simple prejudice and one is a Biblical imperative, and the implication that they are equivalent is intellectually dishonest.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I don't think that it should. I haven't said that it should. I am saying that one is a simple prejudice and one is a Biblical imperative, and the implication that they are equivalent is intellectually dishonest.

Set the bible aside for a moment, and consider it strictly on observable facts.

Top Bottom