Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    MisterChester said:
    They have no right to invade the judge's privacy. When will beliefs of any kind stop being shoved down anyone's throats?

I am predicting "Never". Happening on both sides. They even call and harass the other lady named Kim who happens to work in a government office nearby.

051ec059818f077639e80ec33123b770c53589-wm.jpg

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Do they have a right to free speech? Are they on his property or in public spaces?

That's not what is being disputed. Nobody likes to be followed, watched, and yelled at by people who are right outside their home. Why don't they get jobs or do something more productive? The end purpose is unclear, and will not result in a reversal of the decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The fail is continuing on both sides. America can no longer have a civilized "national conversation" about anything. Well, almost anything. The whole Bruce/Caitlin Jenner conversation on the socialverse was pretty weird but comparatively not all that uncivil.

I have to say, after some thought I guess I don't mind the pushback in favor of Kim Davis. Though I've said over and over that as an individual citizen she has the right not to support gay marriage, that right does not carry over to the behaviors of an elected official acting on behalf of government. But with all the mob-shaming and crap going on I really think the protests in her favor show a sort of line in the sand that people are fed up enough with the progressive Alinsky style marginalization that they're standing up to it.

I do appreciate the middle finger they're hoisting at the mob-shamers. I just wish that in this case the protesters were on the right side of it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That's not what is being disputed. Nobody likes to be followed, watched, and yelled at by people who are right outside their home. Why don't they get jobs or do something more productive? The end purpose is unclear, and will not result in a reversal of the decision.

Your post made a claim to the judge having a right to privacy. I was trying to determine if any rights were being violated or should be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Something I heard this morning about the Muslim stewardess. She took the job without understanding that Muslims weren't supposed to *serve* alcohol either. When she was informed of that interpretation by her religious leaders, she went to her boss and explained. She was told it would not be a problem as long as she could get someone else to cover for her. And for some time, she worked it out with the other stewardesses and all went apparently well. But then she received notice from the airline stating that she would need to serve alcohol or find another job. That's when she sued.

Not that it makes a difference in the disposition of it, it's still worth noting that she did not take the job knowing that she could not perform all the duties required for the job.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kim Davis has been released from jail.

How awesome is that?

Since the judge isn't a big fan of gay marriage himself I kinda suspected that he ruled as he did because of rule of law, but choosing jail as the penalty for contempt of court was to make a martyr of her. I think that strategy kinda worked.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What does "not to interfere" mean exactly? I heard the judge told the county to take her name off the marriage licenses, and she was OK with that. She did not want her name on them.

She's said from the very beginning that's all she wanted, the same sort of simple accommodations we'd expect for an airline to make for a muslim stewardess whose religion won't allow her to handle alcohol.

Top Bottom