Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Clerk= elected job, can't get fired like a private sector job. The only way she can be fired is for her to fire herself (resign), legislature to make it that she can be fired somehow, lose an election, or in this case, be in jail and not be able to do your job.
    Private sector job= don't do you job, you are fired (or reprimanded in a way).

If an elected official could get fired like in this situation (or just not be liked by a majority of the people they represent) like a private sector job, both Obama and Pence would not be in office now.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, because the airlines are government agencies. :rolleyes:

Regardless, it's the same principle. Neither one of them will do their job because they interpret their religion as forbidding it. Fortunately, the private sector can deal quickly with cases like this (and then absorb the inevitable lawsuit). The customers on a plane have a right to the services promised by paying for their passage. Where's the outrage from INGO'ers for this poor benighted muslim woman? She surely has the same right to impose her religious beliefs as the KY harridan does. Only difference is the employers. Davis is employed by the people of KY, (who she has refused to serve).

We know why the Mike Huckabee's and Jindal's of the world won't say anything in defence of the muslim woman. And it ain't because of who her employer is.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Regardless, it's the same principle. Neither one of them will do their job because they interpret their religion as forbidding it. Fortunately, the private sector can deal quickly with cases like this (and then absorb the inevitable lawsuit). The customers on a plane have a right to the services promised by paying for their passage. Where's the outrage from INGO'ers for this poor benighted muslim woman? She surely has the same right to impose her religious beliefs as the KY harridan does. Only difference is the employers. Davis is employed by the people of KY, (who she has refused to serve).

We know why the Mike Huckabee's and Jindal's of the world won't say anything in defence of the muslim woman. And it ain't because of who her employer is.

That stewardess and Mrs. Davis both have employers. They are both subject to their bosses' decision on whether to keep them employed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. So why nothing like the outcry over Davis? Doesn't the muslim stewardess deserve the same attention? For the same stated reasons as Davis?

Human nature. I'm sure the Muslims can handle issuing the outrage just fine. Just like when it's your turn, you're pretty good at that yourself.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sometimes, it's just about teaching "them" a lesson? Is that in the job discription?

This Gay Judge is Refusing to Perform Straight Marriages, No Jail Time - No Media Outrage

Talking about abusing the power of your office. THAT is forcing your beliefs on others, by definition.

You guys really need to double check sources. You think that's a current story?
    02/23/2012 5:46 PM ET

I'm sure she's happily performing all marriages now that it's the law of the land. As for when it wasn't, she should have been held responsible for being derelict in her duty, if it was a standard part of her job.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And I'm pretty sure there is a way to "care of the problem". I don't know the state's law, but Recall? or something similar.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys really need to double check sources. You think that's a current story?

I'm sure she's happily performing all marriages now that it's the law of the land. As for when it wasn't, she should have been held responsible for being derelict in her duty, if it was a standard part of her job.

You're right. Point me to the thread where you expressed your outrage of this government employee not doing her job.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To the best of my knowledge the INGO anti-marriage equality contingent have never posted it before. If they had, I would have said the same thing I just did.

Oh come on... You seem to know all the effronteries that occur in Texas. You expect us to believe you never heard of this but never posted about it? Of course it's easy to maintain the "high road" now. :rolleyes:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    the point of her argument is that there must be a place for a Christian in the public office...i dont buy all the weird gun and stewardess analogies above....but since we are doing analogies....can we force Christian doctors to give medicines that facilitate an abortion or perform an abortion? Can we make a Christian judge marry same sex couples? If you have to let steve and stevey marry then we can find a guy that wants to do it.....you cant make someone do it against TRADITIONAL Christian beliefs that are customary and accepted by a near majority in the country...the basis of her argument is that her freedom is being infringed upon by another's freedom. In America, where the money says IN GOD WE TRUST, we have a person in jail for following her religious beliefs. Looks like she will be in there till the next election....Merry Xmas in jail, Xtians!

This is gonna be a theme for a while I believe. Muslims are gonna come here and already are demanding their rights but the problem you dont have the right to infringe upon my rights or the rights of others to get your so called rights.

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this thread is devoid of logic when comparing a person who is an employee of a corporation for an airline who agreed and knew they served alcohol compared with a person who was elected and is now jailed in lieu of forcing her to marry same sex couples while ignoring her religious beliefs (when the laws were changed after she was elected and in office by a judicial branch that is out of control and not changed by the legislature).

there is also a big distinction between an airline and the clerks's office....under no circumstances could the stewardess be put in jail for not serving alcohol as asked above ...on the other hand we should not see a person in jail for not marrying homosexuals...

I also want to point out that shoving this liberal agenda down our throats is gonna be a theme...i tire of those who shrug and say how is gonna affect us...well you just hide and watch bud....i took a stupid religious class at indiana tech and was offered extra credit only if I went to a mosque...well, i cant go to a mosque and I never will...how was it fair to not provide me an opportunity to get extra credit? nobody cares...i was also bashed by the teacher for talking about Christian beliefs...what we are really looking at is a demonizing of Christianity and muslims and the lgbt crowd are leading the way.. I should point out that those two ideologies are on a crash course though...And in game of rock paper scissor knife rainbow...knife beats rainbow every time

you have a left agenda that wants to indoctrinate your kids to think like a libtard, tax you into bankruptcy (only if you work), give you money in exchange for votes, sell out the citizenry by bringing in another voter block who will vote for them, give billions to people who want to kill us, screw over our best allies, lies about climate change (formerly global warming), etc...and you ask me why i dont trust them or why should i care when teenage boys around the nation are making a case to go to the girls restroom at school..this country is going down...rant over ...going back to the classifieds but maybe i should go over to the fill my bathtub with water section

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Oh come on... You seem to know all the effronteries that occur in Texas. You expect us to believe you never heard of this but never posted about it? Of course it's easy to maintain the "high road" now. :rolleyes:

Nope. Never ran across it. Then again, I'm not a big NY Daily News reader. If I had run across it back then, nothing would have changed. I would have called her out on it. Believe what you want.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    mrjarrell said:
    Yep. So why nothing like the outcry over Davis? Doesn't the muslim stewardess deserve the same attention? For the same stated reasons as Davis?

Let's take a moment to write some fiction to correct this analogy.

An airline refuses to serve alcohol on their planes. The Supreme Court decides that it is unconstitutional to not serve alcohol on a plane. The stewardess continues to refuse to serve alcohol on that plane. She worked for that airline knowing that she would not be asked to do so, and the airline would still prefer that she not serve it. Her employers don't want to fire her because they mostly agree with her that it shouldn't be served. She is tossed in jail because the courts don't care about her, or the airline's freedom. They only care about catering to the agenda of the Activists of the Day.

This would be somewhat analogous to the current situation.

Top Bottom