Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's what militants do. They threaten, they terrorize. And there are militants on both sides. But I doubt she'll lose her life over this. I hope no one thinks this is worth taking someone's life over.

She may be performing admirably with her other functions, but because of her insistence in forcing her religious views on her constituents, no one can get a marriage license in Rowen County straight or gay. Residents shouldn't have to travel out of county to get one. And if she'd have resigned from the beginning instead of grandstanding herself, there would not be this ****storm. And the opportunity for the gaystopo to win yet again wouldn't have happened. I wish her religious leaders would talk some sense into her instead of convincing her to continue to wield authority she doesn't have.

I don't agree she's forcing her religion on anybody else. She's no more forcing her religion on anybody else than by the court being closed on Sundays or Christmas day.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    mrjarrell said:
    I wouldn't support the quaker, either. Just as I do not support the clerk imposing her shariah law on the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. She is entitled to believe she is attempting to nullify the law and to do so. The judge is entitled to throw her shariah loving ass under the jail.

Owning a firearm is a natural right. Receiving a signed slip of paper from a government official is not.

The quaker is working with the government to deny a natural right. This lady is not.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Owning a firearm is a natural right. Receiving a signed slip of paper from a government official is not.

Having equal rights as all others is a natural right.

A firearm is not a natural thing, thus ownership of same is not a natural right. It is a *legal* right. Different, those.

Defending yourself from harm is a natural right. The firearm is simply a tool by which that defense is made easier.

Denying citizens the benefits and protections of the laws of the country because you don't like "them icky fags, homos, dykes, queers, salad tossers, or other deviants" is not a natural right. Nor a legal one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't agree she's forcing her religion on anybody else. She's no more forcing her religion on anybody else than by the court being closed on Sundays or Christmas day.

Okay, maybe not on everyone. I'll concede that it directly affects the people who want to get married. Everyone else is along for the ****storm.

She said she is acting on the authority of her god as she denies people their lawful marriage licenses. That IS forcing her religious views on others. If she only issued licenses to couples Yue Lao approves, is that forcing her religious views on others? Would you stand with her on that?

Everything she's explained, all her words indicate it is only about her and her personal religious beliefs. And that's a pretty far stretch from government recognizing some fairly universal religious holidays that they call secular anyway. Don't Christians complain that no one calls it Christmas?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Okay, maybe not on everyone. I'll concede that it directly affects the people who want to get married. Everyone else is along for the ****storm.

She said she is acting on the authority of her god as she denies people their lawful marriage licenses. That IS forcing her religious views on others. If she only issued licenses to couples Yue Lao approves, is that forcing her religious views on others? Would you stand with her on that?

Everything she's explained, all her words indicate it is only about her and her personal religious beliefs. And that's a pretty far stretch from government recognizing some fairly universal religious holidays that they call secular anyway. Don't Christians complain that no one calls it Christmas?

I've heard athiests lament the fact that government offices are closed on holy-days. Are we discriminating against athiests because they can't go get their driver's licencses renewed on Sunday? There is no non-religious reason for a government office to be closed on Sundays, Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas. (Using that typical line of thought, anyway).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

A firearm is not a natural thing, thus ownership of same is not a natural right. It is a *legal* right. Different, those.

Defending yourself from harm is a natural right. The firearm is simply a tool by which that defense is made easier.

[Government] denying citizens the benefits and protections of the laws of the country because [whatever] is not [STRIKE]a natural right. Nor a legal one.[/STRIKE] an enumerated power of government.

FIFY.

Denying anyone I want from having anything I own is a natural right.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Reno316 said:

Equal 'legal' rights? No, that is not a natural right. Equal natural rights is a natural right, redundantly, since they're universal. This is starting to sound like inception.

Reno316 said:

You're misunderstanding the term. A natural right is a right that we all have inherently. "Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness". That sort of thing.

Property ownership, including firearms, is a natural right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've heard athiests lament the fact that government offices are closed on holy-days. Are we discriminating against athiests because they can't go get their driver's licencses renewed on Sunday? There is no non-religious reason for a government office to be closed on Sundays, Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas. (Using that typical line of thought, anyway).

Well, those atheists that do that are full of ****. They're just *****ing because they have a burr up their ass specifically with Christians. Lot's of cultures besides Christian based cultures have weekdays and weekends and many weekends include Sunday. At one time they may or may not have coincided with religious holy days but now are mostly secular. Our weekend is now more secular than religious. Do atheists ***** that they can't get their driver's licenses renewed on Sunday in Japan? I suppose they might ***** anyway but they have a much less religious argument there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I hear you, and I really just shrugged it off for years and years. But I swear, you can NOT watch a single television show without some mention or display of it. I can not think of one. And the context is always so hokey, situations where there was really no good reason to mention a spouse right then except to make it clear that he has a husband.

Considering that television and cinema is filled with gratuitous immorality, I really don't care about one more added on. It's the glaringly obvious agenda that I find so annoying. I pay you to entertain me, not to push your crap in my face.
    Yep.. a more recent example is the USA women's team wining the World Cup soccer championship. After the accolades were presented they just had to make a point of focusing on the few lesbian members of the team sucking face with their partners.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For once, I find myself in agreement with something Justice Scalia has said. He addressed this conundrum back in 2002 and it certainly applies to Davis and her imposition of shariah law on people. She has no right to a government job when she refuses to obey the laws she swore to uphold. She's an oathbreaker, the worst of sinners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...censes-to-same-sex-couples-or-find-a-new-job/

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For once, I find myself in agreement with something Justice Scalia has said. He addressed this conundrum back in 2002 and it certainly applies to Davis and her imposition of shariah law on people. She has no right to a government job when she refuses to obey the laws she swore to uphold. She's an oathbreaker, the worst of sinners.

Fortunately for her, your condemnation means squat in this life...unless you intend to get your government forces to do the bidding you suggested a few posts ago.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm bowing out of this "scandal". Upon a few moments on reflection, I believe the murder of unborn children and the sale of their dismembered parts are far more worth discussing and a far, far, greater outrage than what some clerk in a, before this episode an unknown to me, unknown county in Kentucky is or is not doing....and we cannot discuss that on this site. I've decided I've wasted all the energy I'm going to on this particular subject.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

The quaker is working with the government to deny a natural right. This lady is not.

That makes sense, but I don't think her handlers are going to go for it. Eliminating the slip of paper from the government would turn marriage over to contract enforcement, power of attorney, etc..

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There are not many who feel that way. The vast majority of us could not care less.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    These people can drive less than 40 miles and get it signed in another county?

My sympathy for them just dropped into the negatives.
    So people--not just gays but straight couples too--must drive 40 miles so she can have her "right" to impose her religion? How many gays do you think live in a rural county compared to straight couples?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So people--not just gays but straight couples too--must drive 40 miles so she can have her "right" to impose her religion? How many gays do you think live in a rural county compared to straight couples?

Do you see throngs of straight people lining up and throwing a fit? No. They probably have better things to do with their time. On that note, I wonder how many of these morons even live in that county.

There's something satisfying about watching these idiots try to impose their beliefs on one another. It's like watching a security cam of two thugs beating each other up. Yes, I suppose it's bad that they're doing it. But what can I say? They deserve each other.

Here, let me try to work up some outrage.

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Once this county starts issuing marriage licenses...and it inevitably will have to, I wonder how many actual same sex marriages there will be using those licenses.

Top Bottom