Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If that. Just because you get a license doesn't mean you'll ever use it.
    Oh, that one couple from there seems to love this so much, they will likely try to find someone there in the county they can force to marry them against his/her will. I am sure some elected county judge will love being pushed into that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you see throngs of straight people lining up and throwing a fit? No. They probably have better things to do with their time. On that note, I wonder how many of these morons even live in that county.

There's something satisfying about watching these idiots try to impose their beliefs on one another. It's like watching a security cam of two thugs beating each other up. Yes, I suppose it's bad that they're doing it. But what can I say? They deserve each other.

Here, let me try to work up some outrage.

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

I don't know how many couples have tried to get a licence since the clerk decided to enforce her religious views. I imagine that It's a good bit more than normal. It's also not hard to imagine that many are coming from other counties just so they get to be outraged too. The spectacle is on both sides.

As an observer I'm not outraged. I just assess and have my own opinions just like you. As a person who values individual liberty I've pointed some things out in the behavior of a government official that is opposed to individual liberty. And I'm a bit puzzled by your responses. I don't know when you think it's okay for government to impose on liberty and when it's not. It seems obvious there is the natural human bias at work here, which is pretty normal. We're all biased. But I thought your libertarian principles were supposed to make logic transcend personal bias.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This man has a point.

OK, Jamil is a unicorn! :):

How long before a sheriff decides to refuse to issue CCW permits because he doesn't believe in concealed carry?

I seem to recall this being a problem in Lake County for several years. Not much news on it since it did not fit the agenda to complain.

The judge has a point. The SC ruling is necessarily predicated on the notion that the states are not competent to define marriage, fact notwithstanding that the marriage is conducted under the auspices of the states, and therefore it necessarily follows that the states are not competent to define non-marriage or grounds for it.

My question: Why is civil disobedience a heroic act, no matter how much mayhem and destruction ensue or how innocent and uninvolved the victims may be, when the motives fit the leftist narrative, but cause for burying someone so deep under the retribution of government that they will never get out alive when their position does not fit the leftist narrative?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    jamil said:
    As a person who values individual liberty I've pointed some things out in the behavior of a government official that is opposed to individual liberty. And I'm a bit puzzled by your responses. I don't know when you think it's okay for government to impose on liberty and when it's not. It seems obvious there is the natural human bias at work here, which is pretty normal. We're all biased. But I thought your libertarian principles were supposed to make logic transcend personal bias.

I don't see any violations of individual liberty taking place. Who in this case is being prevented from doing what they want to do with their body, their property, or their speech?

Nobody has a 'right' to government recognition of their relationship. The state chose what it wanted to recognize and that didn't include the gays. The gays bullied them with the supreme court (the only trampling of liberty I can see in this case). These folks all want a big government. Now they will reap what they have sown.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't see any violations of individual liberty taking place. Who in this case is being prevented from doing what they want to do with their body, their property, or their speech?

Nobody has a 'right' to government recognition of their relationship. The state chose what it wanted to recognize and that didn't include the gays. The gays bullied them with the supreme court (the only trampling of liberty I can see in this case). These folks all want a big government. Now they will reap what they have sown.

So you're good with government officials imposing their own made up laws on their constituents? I kinda think that's ****ty.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    jamil said:
    So you're good with government officials imposing their own made up laws on their constituents? I kinda think that's ****ty.

Did you notice that I compared both of them to thugs? I don't agree with either side of this, and since both sides have chosen to be bullies about it... I say fight it out. I'll watch and eat popcorn.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you notice that I compared both of them to thugs? I don't agree with either side of this, and since both sides have chosen to be bullies about it... I say fight it out. I'll watch and eat popcorn.

Fair enough.

Scooch over. :popcorn:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    O
    My question: Why is civil disobedience a heroic act, no matter how much mayhem and destruction ensue or how innocent and uninvolved the victims may be, when the motives fit the leftist narrative, but cause for burying someone so deep under the retribution of government that they will never get out alive when their position does not fit the leftist narrative?

Because! Just............because, that's why!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The phrase: "Democrat jailed for moral stance based on the Bible" probably hasn't been uttered in a while.

Notice how all sorts of depravity, marital betrayal, etc. are forgiven by the left, no matter how unrepentant the actor is when that actor is marching to the correct tune but when it serves a purpose, to further an agenda, their outrage of those same sorts of acts is relentless and deafening.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Two dudes getting married is just yucky anyways. Perhaps if they were cousins or something, it might be more widely accepted...in KY. Say...ever have a peanut butter and KY jelly sammich? Me neither.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Top Bottom