Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So I wander what her belief is about breaking her oath? Is this not wrong? If she believes the Bible, as she claims she does, then violating an oath would certainly be as wrong anything else. Her only moral way out, in my mind, is resignation. She is refusing to do that. So that leaves us with your conclusion: discipline.

There's another option: Re-election.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's another option: Re-election.

So, are you saying that she is doing the right thing by denying the marriage licenses?

Why? What does that accomplish other that set a dubious prescedent? How long before a Muslim Sheriff refuses to honor domestic abuse warrants based on his beliefs? How long before a Mormon ATF agent declares his territory "dry"?

Arent you taking a stance against the rule of law here?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I hear you, and I really just shrugged it off for years and years. But I swear, you can NOT watch a single television show without some mention or display of it. I can not think of one. And the context is always so hokey, situations where there was really no good reason to mention a spouse right then except to make it clear that he has a husband.

Considering that television and cinema is filled with gratuitous immorality, I really don't care about one more added on. It's the glaringly obvious agenda that I find so annoying. I pay you to entertain me, not to push your crap in my face.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. It has become so bad that in some cases I just stop watching shows all together.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    11960258_10207763562832874_4293410688956082731_n_zpsaho7okxj.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, are you saying that she is doing the right thing by denying the marriage licenses?

Why? What does that accomplish other that set a dubious prescedent? How long before a Muslim Sheriff refuses to honor domestic abuse warrants based on his beliefs? How long before a Mormon ATF agent declares his territory "dry"?

Arent you taking a stance against the rule of law here?

I know there's an agenda here. Probably more than one agenda. She's chosen to make a stand on principle. We all know if she were a clerk that had insisted on "doing" homosexual marriages even though the state had not passed legislation and SCOTUS had ruled as it should have, the folks clamoring for her to "do her job", the gaystopo, would be pleading for her to continue to be civilly disobedient.

She's chosen to conduct her office in compliance with her deeply held beliefs just like any mayor or sheriff or other elected official that have done so in a manner that might result in some citizens having their rights not fully protected. But the agenda driven mania wants blood. They want absolute fealty to their cause. They want their pound of flesh NOW for any apostates that don't jump in line. I can understand that. We're all a product of our immediate gratification world. But there is a remedy that works everytime it's tried--fire her. At least she's not like a supreme court judge that we have to put up their abuses for an entire lifetime--the people get a chance to kick her out in a couple of years, if they feel like they're not being served properly.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That's funny.....I had no idea that a gun was only good for War or killing people..Interesting....That sounds like an argument one would get from the gun grabbers at the Daily Kos ...

The Quakers manufactured long rifles and muskets for the revolution...The Quakers brought in boat loads of Scots-Irish to settle their western frontier as a buffer between them and the hostile natives....Quakers do not care whether someone else is pacifist or not...They shipped in people to fight their battles on the frontier...Maybe Lambda Legal director Jon Davidson should read a book about Quaker History before making such a statement lest someone not knowledgeable about such things try to use his words to make a nonsensical point....Oh...too late I see...

Daniel Boone was born to a Quaker family...His father gave him his first gun at (roughly) age 12 to guard their livestock against, wolves and thieves....

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Oh no. If you get to pick and choose which nullification you support, so does everyone else.

I wouldn't support the quaker, either. Just as I do not support the clerk imposing her shariah law on the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. She is entitled to believe she is attempting to nullify the law and to do so. The judge is entitled to throw her shariah loving ass under the jail.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    On the clerk front, while it might be her personal beliefs, the courts ruled that she has to. If she doesn't like it, she needs to resign. I get it though, although others may think she is wrong, her and others may think she is right. It is a battle that will never be won on either side (one side will always say the other is wrong on the non government side).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On the clerk front, while it might be her personal beliefs, the courts ruled that she has to. If she doesn't like it, she needs to resign. I get it though, although others may think she is wrong, her and others may think she is right. It is a battle that will never be won on either side (one side will always say the other is wrong on the non government side).

Just as with Roe v. Wade, SCOTUS should have stayed out of it or sent it back to the states. It wouldn't have fit The Agenda but even those on the losing side would have recourse for achieving their goals later rather than having to practically pass an amendment to do it. This didn't settle anything.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I wouldn't support the quaker, either. Just as I do not support the clerk imposing her shariah law on the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. She is entitled to believe she is attempting to nullify the law and to do so. The judge is entitled to throw her shariah loving ass under the jail.

Shariah law is from Islam....Why are you bringing Islam into this discussion???

Quakers don't believe in guns?? Sharia law in Kentucky? You are not making any sense.....It's almost like your just trying to insult people that disagree with your stance...

"Shariah loving a$$ under the jail?" Wow...You know hate is not a family value..I saw it on a rainbow bumper sticker one time...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know there's an agenda here. Probably more than one agenda. She's chosen to make a stand on principle. We all know if she were a clerk that had insisted on "doing" homosexual marriages even though the state had not passed legislation and SCOTUS had ruled as it should have, the folks clamoring for her to "do her job", the gaystopo, would be pleading for her to continue to be civilly disobedient. She's chosen to conduct her office in compliance with her deeply held beliefs just like any mayor or sheriff that might result in some citizens having their rights not fully protected. But the agenda driven mania wants blood. They want absolute fealty to their cause. They want their pound of flesh NOW for any apostates that don't jump in line. I can understand that. We're all a product of our immediate gratification world. But there is a remedy that works everytime it's tried--fire her. At least she's not like a supreme court judge that we have to put up their abuses for an entire lifetime--the people get a chance to kick her out in a couple of years, if they feel like they're not being served properly.

Aside from agendas and politics, it really is about her not doing the job. I'm not supportive of the ****storms created by the mob-shaming gaystopo either. And they are only on the right side of this by the circumstance that it happens to serve their purpose.

Notwithstanding my desire to see the mob-shamers lose, I cannot support her presumed right to use her personal beliefs to discriminate who are sinners and who are not.

The state sets requirements for the County Clerk and it has not granted her that authority. By refusing to issue marriage licenses she is abusing her authority. The only honorable course I see for her is to resign. She doesn't want her signature on marriage licenses, I get that. Fine. But she is assuming rights and authority she doesn't have. Should I support authority she doesn't have just so the militant gays don't win?

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie

How long before a sheriff decides to refuse to issue CCW permits because he doesn't believe in concealed carry?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Aside from agendas and politics, it really is about her not doing the job. I'm not supportive of the ****storms created by the mob-shaming gaystopo either. And they are only on the right side of this by the circumstance that it happens to serve their purpose.

Notwithstanding my desire to see the mob-shamers lose, I cannot support her presumed right to use her personal beliefs to discriminate who are sinners and who are not.

The state sets requirements for the County Clerk and it has not granted her that authority. By refusing to issue marriage licenses she is abusing her authority. The only honorable course I see for her is to resign. She doesn't want her signature on marriage licenses, I get that. Fine. But she is assuming rights and authority she doesn't have. Should I support authority she doesn't have just so the militant gays don't win?

If this were an elected official neglecting certain duties or performing certain duties of his/her office (that had nothing to do with the gaystoppo) in manners that some of his/her constituents might disagree, there might well be complaints. There might well be legal challenges. From what little I can tell she is satisfactorily performing all of the duties of her job but this one. It's not like she's not showing up for work or embezzelling the county's money. It that she's not fullfilling a single aspect of her job. This is totally about contradicting agendas. She will lose. She states she's already gotten death threats. I hope she doesn't lose her life over this.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If this were an elected official neglecting certain duties or performing certain duties of his/her office (that had nothing to do with the gaystoppo) in manners that some of his/her constituents might disagree, there might well be complaints. There might well be legal challenges. From what little I can tell she is satisfactorily performing all of the duties of her job but this one. It's not like she's not showing up for work or embezzelling the county's money. It that she's not fullfilling a single aspect of her job. This is totally about contradicting agendas. She will lose. She states she's already gotten death threats. I hope she doesn't lose her life over this.

Yeah, but it's kind of a major function of her job. I used to be a mechanic. If I had refused to work on engines because some of them were 4 cylinders, that would have left me with much less utility as an employee. How long would I have made it in that job?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's what militants do. They threaten, they terrorize. And there are militants on both sides. But I doubt she'll lose her life over this. I hope no one thinks this is worth taking someone's life over.

She may be performing admirably with her other functions, but because of her insistence in forcing her religious views on her constituents, no one can get a marriage license in Rowen County straight or gay. Residents shouldn't have to travel out of county to get one. And if she'd have resigned from the beginning instead of grandstanding herself, there would not be this ****storm. And the opportunity for the gaystopo to win yet again wouldn't have happened. I wish her religious leaders would talk some sense into her instead of convincing her to continue to wield authority she doesn't have.

Top Bottom