Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So the little dweeb supports the party that ordered the internment camps and is upst that Thomas doesn't support the party of Jim Crow....

Who cares?

If it were somebody actually famous, at least I could understand why some people might take notice... but for a person, that every time his name is mentioned, they have to also remind us for why he's famous...who cares X 2.

Yeah. I had to google him to remember who ie was. Yep. Was. Past tense.

I would feel the need to separate this into a couple of different thoughts:

First is the actual fame. Although I enjoyed his acting, that doesn't change the fact that he has not done much but collect royalties from the Star Trek franchise for decades and has largely been forgotten.

Second is this misguided notion that entertainers merit having their opinions held as superior to anyone else's. What gives anyone the idea that just because someone is well known by virtue of being able to act or sing that he or she know anything about governance, morals, ethics, or general right and proper more so than any other random person? I don't call the plumber for legal advice, so why would I rely on a actor to tell me how the law should work?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would feel the need to separate this into a couple of different thoughts:

First is the actual fame. Although I enjoyed his acting, that doesn't change the fact that he has not done much but collect royalties from the Star Trek franchise for decades and has largely been forgotten.

He is probably more known for his internet memes than he is for that part time role he played as Kirk's go-fer.

Second is this misguided notion that entertainers merit having their opinions held as superior to anyone else's. What gives anyone the idea that just because someone is well known by virtue of being able to act or sing that he or she know anything about governance, morals, ethics, or general right and proper more so than any other random person? I don't call the plumber for legal advice, so why would I rely on a actor to tell me how the law should work?

Agreed. But it's just the way things seem to be. Famous ENTERTAINERS seem to feel obliged to give us their opinions on stuff and people seem to eat it up and internalize it as advice to live by.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Lower Merion Township has an antidiscrimination ordinance that protects employees for several reasons, including sexual orientation. Religious institutions are exempt unless they are "supported in whole or in part by government appropriations."State Sen. Daylin Leach, a Democrat who represents the school's area, noted that Waldron Mercy lists on its website that it has received more than $270,000 in the last two years from the state's Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit program

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heh.... humorous video on comparing US to Iran with gay rights.

"There are similarities. America just allowed gays to marry. Iran hasn't hung a gay person in at least a few hours."

[video=youtube;mDdyXPbEG5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdyXPbEG5Y[/video]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Well if you can't perform your job duties you should be fired. If it bothers your conscience so much then leave, it's really that simple. If he's not resigning then he's just being pompous.

Precisely. When the one county clerk I heard of from my home state of Mississippi had an issue with it she did the right thing and resigned her position, so it could be filled by someone who could do their duty. They took an oath of office and have to do their job, (just like the rest of us). The governor in KY has already told them they could be facing penalties, including removal from office or even criminal penalties. Do your job or get out. It ain't rocket surgery.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Precisely. When the one county clerk I heard of from my home state of Mississippi had an issue with it she did the right thing and resigned her position, so it could be filled by someone who could do their duty. They took an oath of office and have to do their job, (just like the rest of us). The governor in KY has already told them they could be facing penalties, including removeal from office or even criminal penalties. Do your job or get out. It ain't rocket surgery.

One SCOTUS ruling is all it takes to turn a Liberty loving anarchist into an "My 'Merica....If you don't like it get out" Statist....Nice to know your principles are so......Solid.....

Obey....Obey....Conform....Conform.....

Remember when civil disobedience was so cool....Like the "first church of cannabis thread"...Remember waaayyyyy back then?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One SCOTUS ruling is all it takes to turn a Liberty loving anarchist into an "My 'Merica....If you don't like it get out" Statist....Nice to know your principles are so......Solid.....

Obey....Obey....Conform....Conform.....

I don't think I've ever seen him defend rule of law so vehemently. One could easily be led to think his opinions on those kinds of matters are subjective.

Notwithstanding that important observation, it is the law now. If those clerks can't perform their duties according to the law, they should resign. The guy who refuses to resign is essentially administering his own religion rather than administering the law. It's fine when the two agree. When they don't, he needs to move on if that's a problem for him.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't think I've ever seen him defend rule of law so vehemently. One could easily be led to think his opinions on those kinds of matters are subjective.

Notwithstanding that important observation, it is the law now. If those clerks can't perform their duties according to the law, they should resign. The guy who refuses to resign is essentially administering his own religion rather than administering the law. It's fine when the two agree. When they don't, he needs to move on if that's a problem for him.

Remember this Jamil....Democrats have "Activists" while Republicans have "Lobbyists"......They do the same thing it's just that one sounds "hipper" than the other....

In other words these folks are being told to compromise their principles (I.E. Religious Beliefs) or lose their job...I hope they continue to fight through civil disobedience and if they lose their jobs over it I hope they still continue to fight through civil disobedience...A true Libertarian would back up these folks (in principle)...If they don't they are just showing that they believe their idea of freedom is the only "true path".....Which would make them a Hypocrite at best...A Statist Fascist at worst...

IMHO.....As always I enjoy your posts Jamil....I am going to be very disappointed if I ever meet you and you do not look like Darth Vader....I promise if you wear a Darth Vader mask into the shop I will not shoot first and ask if you are Jamil later...:)

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's so difficult to decide when civil disobedience is going to be sanctioned and when it's going to be denounced around here...

Well, not really.

This is not about liberty, this is about an agenda. If you're not a subscriber, you will pay a price.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Remember this Jamil....Democrats have "Activists" while Republicans have "Lobbyists"......They do the same thing it's just that one sounds "hipper" than the other....

In other words these folks are being told to compromise their principles (I.E. Religious Beliefs) or lose their job...I hope they continue to fight through civil disobedience and if they lose their jobs over it I hope they still continue to fight through civil disobedience...A true Libertarian would back up these folks (in principle)...If they don't they are just showing that they believe their idea of freedom is the only "true path".....Which would make them a Hypocrite at best...A Statist Fascist at worst...

IMHO.....As always I enjoy your posts Jamil....I am going to be very disappointed if I ever meet you and you do not look like Darth Vader....I promise if you wear a Darth Vader mask into the shop I will not shoot first and ask if you are Jamil later...:)

Okay, maybe you won't be disappointed. If I shaved my head, I might not look all that different from the Darth Vader that was unmasked shortly before his death.

Top Bottom