Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    It's so difficult to decide when civil disobedience is going to be sanctioned and when it's going to be denounced around here...

Well, not really.

This is not about liberty, this is about an agenda. If you're not a subscriber, you will pay a price.

This county clerk has an agenda, the governor is telling him to follow the law. The county clerk is denying the liberty of a right for gays to be married. Especially as a public servant you have no legal liberty to cherry pick the laws you choose to follow.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This county clerk has an agenda, the governor is telling him to follow the law. The county clerk is denying the liberty of a right for gays to be married. Especially as a public servant you have no legal liberty to cherry pick the laws you choose to follow.

Sounds like a statist to me...kinda reminds me of this sort of meme:

56796729.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Precisely. When the one county clerk I heard of from my home state of Mississippi had an issue with it she did the right thing and resigned her position, so it could be filled by someone who could do their duty. They took an oath of office and have to do their job, (just like the rest of us). The governor in KY has already told them they could be facing penalties, including removal from office or even criminal penalties. Do your job or get out. It ain't rocket surgery.

You don't take an oath to 'do your job'. You take a oath to the Constitution. Not to the governor, the mayor, or the president.

Nation of laws, not of men, and all that...

Resign so others can do your "duty"? That sounds so... Teutonic.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Sounds like a statist to me...kinda reminds me of this sort of meme:

56796729.jpg

Let me get this straight.. This county clerk, a public servant, is refusing to step down from his post that requires him to execute lawful marriage licenses. He is refusing to do his job, because of self-righteousness issues, and is therefore unable to do the duties as required by the job. He should be relieved from this post, but this OK apparently? It is now OK to keep people in a government position that cannot perform their duty?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Let me get this straight.. This county clerk, a public servant, is refusing to step down from his post that requires him to execute lawful marriage licenses. He is refusing to do his job, because of self-righteousness issues, and is therefore unable to do the duties as required by the job. He should be relieved from this post, but this OK apparently? It is now OK to keep people in a government position that cannot perform their duty?

Yes. Like a certain president who won't enforce his own health care law, or see that illegal aliens are deported, or clean up the IRS?

You have a point. He cannot or will not perform his duty, and should resign. :yesway:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Let me get this straight..It is now OK to keep people in a government position that cannot perform their duty?

Have you never been to a County Courthouse before????? It has been "OK to keep people in a government position that can not perform their duty" for quite sometime now.....

The argument can also be made that the definition of marriage (as defined by thousands of years of human history) was derailed because of an LGBT community and THEIR "self-righteousness issues".......

"Self-righteousness issues" is hardly held by one side over the other....The inflated self righteousness of 3 % of the population is what got us here in the first place...Don't throw stones just because Christians have the same lofty sense of their own self importance as INGOtarians and the LGBT community.....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

So we no longer believe: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"? Just because 5 judges said something ought to be a law doesn't mean it's just.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So we no longer believe: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"? Just because 5 judges said something ought to be a law doesn't mean it's just.

Whether it is just or not is a matter of opinion. The Supreme Court decided it was just. I understand there is a lot of butt-hurt to go around because of it. If he wants to disobey, then he should step down and start a constitutional amendment movement to ban gay marriage.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Whether it is just or not is a matter of opinion. The Supreme Court decided it was just. I understand there is a lot of butt-hurt to go around because of it. If he wants to disobey, then he should step down and start a constitutional amendment movement to ban gay marriage.

So if it comes to it, a repeat of Japanese internment camps should be followed because the president ordered it and the Supremes upheld it. No civil disobedience allowed.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Also known as the "Nazi defense"......

"But I was just following orders from our legal Government...If the Government says it is just I have no moral obligation but to obey the Government...Now where is the pilot light for that oven???? Looks like God's chosen people just got chosen by my Government to hop in this Government oven..."

Remember the "Occupy Movement"????? Illegal to set up camp in the park but they did it anyway.......Let's pull up those threads and see what our resident "Freedom Fighters" thought about those folks breaking the law....Should be interesting.....

One supreme court decision turned anarchist wannabe freedom fighters into the status quo....That is so funny.....

I bet they burn Henry David Thoreu books at their next Libertarian Rally....

"Order...Order....We the Libertarian Party now decree that Civil Disobedience is no longer cool...Except at 420 rallies and church of cannabis get together's...Agreed?"

"Aye"

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So if it comes to it, a repeat of Japanese internment camps should be followed because the president ordered it and the Supremes upheld it. No civil disobedience allowed.

That is different, because freedom and liberties were being taken away from them instead of it being given to them. If I were in that position I would have resigned.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

"But I was just following orders from our legal Government...If the Government says it is just I have no moral obligation but to obey the Government...Now where is the pilot light for that oven???? Looks like God's chosen people just got chosen by my Government to hop in this Government oven..."

Remember the "Occupy Movement"????? Illegal to set up camp in the park but they did it anyway.......Let's pull up those threads and see what our resident "Freedom Fighters" thought about those folks breaking the law....Should be interesting.....

Statists always are.....

I would imagine they couldn't just resign their position, as they probably would have been shot by the Nazis next to the people they intended to murder. Or they agreed with it and lied about having a conscience. If they really didn't condone it then it's either shoot or get shot, and you lose either way. The nazis were truly evil.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would imagine they couldn't just resign their position, as they probably would have been shot by the Nazis next to the people they intended to murder. Or they agreed with it and lied about having a conscience. If they really didn't condone it then it's either shoot or get shot, and you lose either way. The nazis were truly evil.

Enough chose that path that they have their own museum...
    Museum Created for Germans Who Hid Jews « The International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation

Countless Christians were killed by the Roman's because they would not denounce Christ...

There are things worse than death...Compromising one's principles to the death of innocents is one of those things...

IMHO of course....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes. Like a certain president who won't enforce his own health care law, or see that illegal aliens are deported, or clean up the IRS?

You have a point. He cannot or will not perform his duty, and should resign. :yesway:
    I think you've hit on something here. That's why it's being ignored.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sadly (not really) that is kind of how our system works. The buck KINDA stops with the USSC doesn't it? They make decisions that I do not like, I may ***** and moan about it, but I still follow it. It is not being a "statist", it is obeying the Constitution that created the system we currently have. There are laws I do not agree with, some I have discretion, however, the vast majority I do not and must follow through with them even if I do not agree.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Gay marriage decision =Nazi genocide...sounds about right.

Top Bottom