Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Think about it logically for a moment. Is it okay to torture someone for not having an open enough heart?

I'm not the guy to be able to explain it logically. I really don't think Fenway opening up the forum to religious talk was meant to include prosteltyzing...I wouldn't be a good person for that anyway. So, I'll just conclude my part in this discussion by saying (and I'm not trying to by snide or anything) you'll get it, when you're ready to get it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Think about it logically for a moment. Is it okay to torture someone for not having an open enough heart?

Ah, but that is not the reason for the punishment. The punishment is for sin. The choice before each person is if they want mercy or not. Having no concept of true holiness, it is impossible for anyone to comprehend the egregiousness of sin. If we did, we would admit that the punishment fits the crime. The fact that there is an escape at all is really a miracle, the product of amazing grace.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm not the guy to be able to explain it logically. I really don't think Fenway opening up the forum to religious talk was meant to include prosteltyzing...I wouldn't be a good person for that anyway. So, I'll just conclude my part in this discussion by saying (and I'm not trying to by snide or anything) you'll get it, when you're ready to get it.

Yes, you're right. I apologize for my part in carrying it on so long.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'll be praying for many, when you stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ, your arguments & quips will mean nothing, your knee will bow, your tongue will confess He is the King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

In my younger days, I didn't fully understand about the world being blind, I'm beginning to understand.

As as much as some of you will not believe this, I'll be praying you'll be strolling with me in Glory.

Call me a kook, I'll gladly be a kook of the Kingdom!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll be praying for many, when you stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ, your arguments & quips will mean nothing, your knee will bow, your tongue will confess He is the King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

In my younger days, I didn't fully understand about the world being blind, I'm beginning to understand.

As as much as some of you will not believe this, I'll be praying you'll be strolling with me in Glory.

This.

You can't make them get into the boat. But when they're ready, we must be willing to help them aboard.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    For Christians, it is a sin to unite the temple of the Holy Spirit of God (the body) in any carnal way outside of God's definition of marriage. (See post 346)

For non-Christians, they are not in the presence of the Holy Spirit and worrying about individual sins is pointless.

Not that it matters much, but I have appreciated your explanation and clarity in your several posts in this discussion, thanks.

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    What does it matter? Without proof, I can't believe. God declines to provide proof. Hence, if he does exist, then I'm already a write-off.

While I believe in a higher power, I don't know if the Abrahamic God is the one. To me something must have created the universe. But I sincerely do not believe the earth is only 6000 years old because we have proof of it. I can take scientific proofs and apply it to my beliefs. So in a way I believe what we can prove could very well be the evidence of when it all happened. It doesn't help that it says in the bible that God makes people who are destined for hell. So it's possible you could be a "write off" but it doesn't really align with current Christian beliefs. Then again I did learn on INGO the New Testament supersedes the old one.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN

But what if a person doesn't share your beliefs? What makes your beliefs more "true" than somebody else's?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    But what if a person doesn't share your beliefs? What makes your beliefs more "true" than somebody else's?

Well, if their beliefs turn out to be truth, I guess it depends on said beliefs. If however, Jesus Christ ends up being Truth (my belief), those that rejected Him will be in for an Eternity without Him (some believe that is the true Hell, others believe weeping & nashing of teeth), but they will still bend their knee & confess He is King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

As above, I pray for the lost, I don't want to see anybody lost. In the end for me, I just want to be with Jesus for all Eternity, He's my Lord & Saviour, I give Him praise, He has all the Glory.

Am I sinless? Hardly, I die daily, & repent daily.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Well, if their beliefs turn out to be truth, I guess it depends on said beliefs. If however, Jesus Christ ends up being Truth (my belief), those that rejected Him will be in for an Eternity without Him (some believe that is the true Hell, others believe weeping & nashing of teeth), but they will still bend their knee & confess He is King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

As above, I pray for the lost, I don't want to see anybody lost. In the end for me, I just want to be with Jesus for all Eternity, He's my Lord & Saviour, I give Him praise, He has all the Glory.

Am I sinless? Hardly, I die daily, & repent daily.
    You don't actually have to reject God, though. Merely being skeptical earns the same punishment as a murderer or a rapist.

Top Bottom