• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe if they would just let the people police themselves and save a ton of money..... and lives.

And if it still happened? Then I guess those people didn't want to protect themselves. They will think better the next time around. :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guess I won't watch the news for a couple of days, so sick of the talking heads. So sad for the victims, no words.

I was gonna dodge the news to avoid the inevitable overdone McCain coverage. Now gotta keep track of how "see something say something" may or may not be a part of this?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/iva...e-mass-shooting-people-calling-214717294.html
    Ivanka Trump tweets about Jacksonville mass shooting, and people are calling her out

Well, the Twitter idiots are out in force.
    On the other hand, the comments at the bottom of the article seem to be mostly pro-gun calling out the anti-gunners.

This is nothing compared to how the Twitter mob eviscerates Dana Loesch at every turn. These people are downright vicious while hiding behind their keyboards. Most of them real ******* in real life I’m sure.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The Landing (the venue where the Madden shooting took place) has been in dispute with the city of Jacksonville, Florida over venue security for months.

The Landing says the city should provide security. The city disputes it, and canceled the lease in May
    This is FL. They are about as gun friendly as we are. Was this facility a legal GFZ? There was no security checks so the gamers should have been able to carry their own handguns.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This is FL. They are about as gun friendly as we are. Was this facility a legal GFZ? There was no security checks so the gamers should have been able to carry their own handguns.

It's illegal to carry in bars in Florida, and this facility is a "game bar" (whatever that is).
    I'm not sure if it's legally a bar, maybe it depends if they serve alcohol or not.

You are not permitted under Florida law to carry in a bar area that serves alcohol. The law states that "any portion of an establishment that dispenses alcohol.... which is primarily devoted to such purpose".
    So it is widely interpreted in Florida to mean that you can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, as its primary purpose is to dispense food and not alcohol. However, if the restaurant has a bar area you cannot enter that area while carrying a firearm. And you certainly cannot enter a fully licensed bar. That is classed as a misdemeanor with a possible 60 days jail or $500 fine.

I would say if all bars are off limit they are not as gun friendly Indiana.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just heard audio recorded from the shooting.
    I realize that phone recordings are not the best, but the reports I heard made it sound like a small caliber, maybe .22lr or .25acp.
    I seriously doubt it was bigger than a .32acp, unless that was the crappiest audio recording of all time.

I guess the recording could have been made from the other side of the building.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Um, yes, of course it was a gun-free zone, thus the murders.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-26-at-Sunday-August-26-2.46-PM.png

https://crimeresearch.org/2018/08/m...-landing-in-florida-at-another-gun-free-zone/

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I draw the line in my social media presence at reddit. So Inhave no idea what’s happening there. So I’d appreciate an update.

Lot of anti-Trump posts, anti-America stuff.

It's a username that people are tying to him, but I have no idea where from.

Saw a lot of outright fake stuff regarding this event last night, so it could be fake as well. Lot of people trying to take advantage of the situation to make others look bad by doctoring some posts here and there.

At this point, it's just better to not believe anything you read.

Top Bottom