• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Or history of mental illness and criminal activity?

Honestly, I doubt these will come into play for this one. eSports is serious business to these guys... a gateway into sponsorships and a livelihood. So far, just sounds like a sore loser... and I have a hard time thinking he went into this planning to kill himself. Doesn't make any sense.

But... maybe we'll hear more about him. I'm sure we will.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Honestly, I doubt these will come into play for this one. eSports is serious business to these guys... a gateway into sponsorships and a livelihood. So far, just sounds like a sore loser... and I have a hard time thinking he went into this planning to kill himself. Doesn't make any sense.

He sounds more like a pathetic twerp that grew up as part of the 'everyone gets a trophy' generation who couldn't handle losing a stupid game.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Probably still upset because his mom threw away a box of Pokemon trading cards while cleaning downstairs. :rolleyes:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

Photos of the shooter are circulating, including him holding a silver revolver (photo not from shooting).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Photos of the shooter are circulating, including him holding a silver revolver.

Not good. He shot a semi-auto. Sounds like he has multiple guns, then?

Spent enough to get a laser sight on it, too. Could be a "normal" gun-owner.

Ooh, ooh, let me play the generalization game.

Damn redneck gun-humping, bible-thumping republicrap racist hillbilly.

See how that sounds? (Not directed at you, K_W)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hate seeing this ****. I also realize there is not a single damned thing anyone can do about it. Deranged people gonna act deranged when things don't go their way.

The world is a violent, brutal, unsafe place, and anyone telling you they can make it otherwise simply wants your money or your vote.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Not good. He shot a semi-auto. Sounds like he has multiple guns, then?

Spent enough to get a laser sight on it, too. Could be a "normal" gun-owner.

Ooh, ooh, let me play the generalization game.

Damn redneck gun-humping, bible-thumping republicrap racist hillbilly.

See how that sounds? (Not directed at you, K_W)

It's already started on twitter, a few tweets are T&P's, the others are about evenly split between calls for gun control and blaming "white supremacist in chief".

The first victim and supposed target was a young black player he lost a match to.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    It's already started on twitter, a few tweets are T&P's, the others are about evenly split between calls for gun control and blaming "white supremacist in chief".

The first victim and supposed target was a young black player he lost a match to.
    They forgot the NRA?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have we heard the gun used yet?

Yes, you can hear it in several of the videos on the audio track :)

When I listen to it fire, the prominent metallic sound of the bolt working reminds me of AK, but nothing else does. The actual report doesn't sound anything like 7.62 (or 5.56 really). Full disclosure, I've never had either fired at me

I'm guessing audio is from a headset mike left hot and it's a noise cancelling mike, so the audio is distorted (as in certain frequencies suppressed)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I hate seeing this ****. I also realize there is not a single damned thing anyone can do about it. Deranged people gonna act deranged when things don't go their way.

The world is a violent, brutal, unsafe place, and anyone telling you they can make it otherwise simply wants your money or your vote.

/thread

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It is painful to see "Our People" do this. Knee jerk responses lumping people into groups.
    I am no gamer but My SIL is. He is someone known to many in Ingo. They trust and enjoy him at the range as do I. Now he has a couple of gamer buddies that need some guidance but I have no real issues with them.

Yep, and he is a very nice, polite, hard working young man.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Sheriff updating now....

14 vicitims
    12 shot
    3 dead + shooter

Suspect named D**** K*** white male from Baltimore

1+ Handgun

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Settle down fellas. People have been shooting people over games for more than a hundred years. Just because this one was a video game and not a card game doesn't mean it isn't still a game.

My sons are active in eSports and are responsible with guns. Don't pigeonhole and stereotype based on your opinion.

Isn’t the definition, at least in part, of stereotyping doing something based on opinion ?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Landing (the venue where the Madden shooting took place) has been in dispute with the city of Jacksonville, Florida over venue security for months.

The Landing says the city should provide security. The city disputes it, and canceled the lease in May

Top Bottom